GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script No Contract - No Rights? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Contract - No Rights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Contract - No Rights?

Hey all

I started my new job, however, I have signed a couple of documents of bullying, sexual harrassment, internet usage policy blah blah blah, however, there's no terms of employment.

I joined the company as Temp and have now subsequently gone permanent, but the company I was temping with is different to that of my current employer. I wasn't sure if those terms of employment carried over?

Also; if there is no terms of employment, where do I stand with my rights?

Thanks,

TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: No Contract - No Rights?

If you are not issued terms then you would be covered by ACAS minimum standards for things like notice, holiday pay etc.

jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
      If you are not issued terms then you would be covered by ACAS minimum standards for things like notice, holiday pay etc.

jane x
      Okay, so what about contracted hours etc?

also; when do tribunals come into effect?

I work for a large supermarket and for 87 stores and two Head Offices we only have one person working in HR. So if you piss him off it's unlikely that anything will get resolved. :/

- TM x

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

hi,
        so, you've had nothing - not an offer letter through the post stating your working hours and things?
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
          hi,
          so, you've had nothing - not an offer letter through the post stating your working hours and things?
          Hi Sa,

I've had a contract from the agency, but nothing from my permanent employer

I'm on a 13 week probabtion, but not signed anything to agree to that.

TM

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

Comment

im no employment expert, but 13 weeks or 3 months, is a standard probation period. I'm not sure if you would get confirmation of working hours until after the period of probation ends.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              im no employment expert, but 13 weeks or 3 months, is a standard probation period. I'm not sure if you would get confirmation of working hours until after the period of probation ends.
              Fair enough, but surely to agree to working a probation you have to sign something?

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

Why not just ask your employer what the process is? You don't need to mention 'rights' or anything like that, just a casual question because you had one when you were with the temp agency.
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

This happen to be a German supermarket? - had similar experience.

Comment

Hello
                    If I remember they have 13 weeks to issue you with a contract. This was before the second coming of Jesus Cameron so might be out of date. Give ACAS a ring

Comment

This happen to be a German supermarket? - had similar experience.
                      Nope :P

Hello
                      If I remember they have 13 weeks to issue you with a contract. This was before the second coming of Jesus Cameron so might be out of date. Give ACAS a ring
                      Awesome, thank you.

TibetanMonk
                      On Debt Row

Comment

Just picked up this thread again, you should receive a statement of employment at the latest 12 weeks after commencement. However, if you don't implied terms will apply (ACAS minimums). With regards to probation etc in all honesty it's not worth the paper it's written on - 2 years of employment before legislation kicks in except in the case of discrimination of any kind. If there was discrimination a probation period wouldn't protect them.

The only issue I would be concerned about is contracted hours in a supermarket. If they were to get rid of you your notice would be based on these

In a nutshell if you are employed for under 23 months you have very little protection as an employee regardless of contract.

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                          Nope :P
                          I know it - your IP gives it away - do you do any work btw

ps the latest advert is utter pish!!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            I know it - your IP gives it away - do you do any work btw

ps the latest advert is utter pish!!
                            Haha, nope :P well, I do as little as possible Nah, just have periods where I drift off and do something else and end up here because I see a notification haha.

So are our items Just whatever you do, KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. As we wont even exchange it if you don't have the receipt.

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

Basic sale of goods act says otherwise - if it's damaged or faulty then an exchange is automatic. Likewise, unfit for purpose (like you buy a cat that barks at the postie)...
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X