GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
    It feels like I'm taking baby steps and feeling my way with this whole situation to protect my own interests but until I have a start date, there's nothing more I can do.
    I read a great quote the other day which went:

"When you find yourself taking one step forward and two steps back, you are doing the Tango not failing"

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      I read a great quote the other day which went:

"When you find yourself taking one step forward and two steps back, you are doing the Tango not failing"
      Haha.... yes.... that's a good one PlanB!

The union have just replied to say that he "should" pay me if I give notice even if signed off sick throughout it BUT..... I've noticed that I haven't had the measly 1% pay rise that I was meant to have in September this year. Presumably, this is because we were all asked to sign new contracts two years ago, when my workplace split from the main academy.

That's what I mean by being sneaky..... although the contract signing was organised by different powers that be at the time.

I might just not give my notice and just b*gger off when the time's right then. Doubt they would push a breach of contract issue with all the ammo I've got, to be honest.

What do you lot think?
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You have to do what is right for you P1, you can't carry on like you have, hope more can advise further and sending you a hug
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I don't know the legalities of it P1 but you have to do what's right for you. Your health is what's important. Good luck at the GP's on Monday x
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you both..... I will keep you posted x
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Right first things first Mrs - the very fact you are getting anxious about seeing the doctor and worrying about whether he will give you a sick note makes me even more sure you are not in a good place to work! Its the workplace and work making you feel like this so the only conclusion in my opinion is to have another sick note until the time you are able to solve the problem (by giving in your notice!). Your current employer and manager do not appear to have done anything to ease your stress and anxiety. I am sure if you talk to the doctor and explain the situation with regards to the new role but that just the thought of going back to work makes you anxious he/she will sign you off for another 4 weeks.

With regards to notice and pay - if you are signed off sick they have to pay you.... if they don't they are breaking the law - unlawful right to withhold pay. As long as you contract clearly lays out your sick pay entitlement and you have not exhausted it they have no bloody choice. Now if you want to start work before your notice is served, if it was me I would just write to them at the time you have a start date (couple of days before) stating that due to the stress and anxiety caused by your current position and their inability to work with you to assist with the situation you are giving notice with immediate effect. OK they may pursue you for failure to give appropriate notice but if they do then the fact you suffered stress under their watch would come out and I doubt very much they would like to have to answer questions about that!

Please, please trust your GP - you are obviously being affected by this situation and it is making you poorly - I would tell them for the first couple of weeks after the last note you were able to relax but as time has gone on and the month got nearer to being over your anxiety has returned.

Jane x

Comment

Thank you Jane.....

An associate of mine is a clinical psychologist. I met him yesterday because I am an internal moderator for some of the courses he runs and in his opinion, I am showing symptoms of Acute Stress Disorder Type 1 & 2 He has told me that I have to tell the GP that he has seen me and that he is willing to write to him if I need him to. He also said that under no circumstances must I return to where I work now until my employer has put some controls in place.

Blimey.....

He said that I'd done the right thing by removing myself from the situation and going sick..... and that my employer is failing in his duty of care.

He is not connected to my workplace at all, by the way.
                Last edited by PriorityOne; 20 October 2014, 15:35.
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Jane, you must be psychic.....

Went to see my GP this afternoon and have been signed off for another month. In fact, this GP looked quite horrified when he heard about some of my working conditions....

My boss will go nuts, as the certificate says "work stress/anxiety" again, so I'm expecting some kind of backlash; either a meeting (which I will decline) or, asking for the laptop to be returned.....

I'll email him the news tomorrow.....
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

That's great P1, not how bad you are feeling, but that your doctor has recognised your problems. I look forward to hearing your boss's response. Just wish this other lot would get them selves sorted out and your new job offer would come through.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      That's great P1, not how bad you are feeling, but that your doctor has recognised your problems. I look forward to hearing your boss's response. Just wish this other lot would get them selves sorted out and your new job offer would come through.
                      Thanks Cym.... If this other job doesn't get sorted soon, I'm gonna be a head case by the end of the year!

Might have to sell my body....
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hi, no not psychic just seen this type of situation before sadly �� workplace stress is a very real condition unfortunately. Bad management of this sort of situation makes my blood boil! Bet they have investors in people!

Glad your GP is good.

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                          investors in people!
                          Heard that phrase before, in the shit hole I used to work!

Comment

Investors in people my arse.... they don't give sh*t about staff; only themselves.

It's abuse of power, or assumed power anyway.
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

I'm pleased to hear you've been signed off for another month P1 and I really hope your new job gets sorted soon x
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Well.... the boss has been emailed, the certificate's gone in...... and all he's done is thank me for for it. No other comments at all.

I'm wondering if his reluctance to approach Occupational Health is because if he does, details of our working conditions will be out in the open. He was meant to refer me to Occ. Health the last time I was off with work stress and failed to do it, despite me chasing HR with an email...... which was ignored.

I'll just have to see what happens, I suppose.....
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X