GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
    Great news, so pleased you can draw a line under this now and move on - Good luck with your new job

Jane x
    Thanks Jane.... although I won't rest until that money's in my account. I'll update as soon as I know more.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
      Get the money in the bank, buy yourself a new outfit and killer heels and look forward to bumping into him
      Killer heels?

Why not shoes like those worn by Rosa Klebb?

Click image for larger version

Name:	klebb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1406992
      Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
      Trouble with killer heels...... His foot may get in the way.
      Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Why set your sights so low?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16180[/ATTACH]
      Quite!

Comment

The money is now in my account!! I had to go in and return my laptop and other stuff today and it felt so different walking in there...... and coming out again!

I am FREE AT LAST!!!!!
        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
          The money is now in my account!!
          PPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Comment

Hurray the drinks are on you! At long last the result that you deserve has arrived.

Comment

I can't believe it's over!!!

I now need to clear my overdraft and credit card........ and then get another job. I've contacted the agency about the one I mentioned in an earlier post; to let them know I'm available from the beginning of Feb..... so I should hopefully hear something soon. If not, then I'll have to start looking again.
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

The money is now in my account!! I had to go in and return my laptop and other stuff today and it felt so different walking in there...... and coming out again!

I am FREE AT LAST!!!!!

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Great news and well done you, their treatment of you was dreadful, but you held your own and you deserve to feel proud. Hopefully you will have taught them a lesson but somehow I doubt they will get any better!

Good luck in your job search.

Jane x

Comment

Well done P1! I had to go back to the beginning of the thread, as I know it has been on here for a long time, but was still amazed to see that you started this in April 2013!

Considering that your work issues started some time before that, this shows what tactics some employers take to drag things out and grind people down - most people would have walked away long before you without seeking any redress at all.

Hopefully you can now draw a line under all this, treat yourself a little for the horrible couple of years you've endured and look forward to getting a job with a company that at least treats its employees in the way they deserve.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments..... I'm starting to feel back in charge of my own life now and it's great. I did hear that another member of staff had a kid up in her face yesterday and was heard saying that this hadn't happened to her in 14 years of teaching.

Shame she didn't back me when I first raised it as an issue last year..... 'coz she'll need to fight her own corner now.
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

I can't believe it's over!!!

. . . and then get another job. I've contacted the agency about the one I mentioned in an earlier post; to let them know I'm available from the beginning of Feb..... so I should hopefully hear something soon.
                        Hope you're enjoying your convalescence from that nightmare

Did you get the new job you really wanted?

Comment

Good luck with the new job P1 xx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Well..... nothing's panned out quite like I'd hoped re. the new job AGAIN!

They decided (for reasons I completely understand) to employ a man for the post because the child i was due to work with has serious issues with women following years of abuse. There's still a chance I could go in there but I'm not holding my breath because I had to pry this out of the agency; no-one had the decency to let me know.

I have applied for other things and am still waiting but the upshot of all this is that I've decided to go it alone as an outreach counsellor (quite ironic after what I've been though). I need to get insurance..... and registration with an additional body would be beneficial, so I won't be up and running for a few weeks yet but that's the plan.

As a point of interest, I also decided to sign on for JSA in early February, in the belief that I wouldn't get anything but I might as well do it anyway..... only to find out that I was entitled because work-stress is one of the reasons they'll accept as a valid reason to leave (with proof) :-) So, my union was WRONG about that as well! If I decide to go ahead as self-employed, I can also get transferred to the New Enterprise Allowance for 6 months; 3 months on approx. £65 per week and 3 months on half of that, which will help while things are getting established.

I feel so much calmer and have no regrets whatsover. This is a new chapter in my life and one that I'm now starting to look forward to. It may not work..... but if I don't try it, I'll never know and it doesn't look like I've got anything to lose.

I will keep you all posted. :-)
                            Last edited by PriorityOne; 8 March 2015, 22:00.
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Excellent P1 that things seem to be moving in the right direction

Comment

Good luck, exciting times.

Comment

Working...
                                X