GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Very early on in my career I learnt to be one step ahead, companies (and I don't know much about education in all honesty) should take work place stress seriously, if you start talking to health professionals before they force you to it will strengthen your case. They should however address the issues causing it but unfortunately more often than not they hope it will go away!

Hope you feel better soon.

jane x

Comment

Thanks Jane...... you've been a great help with this. I'll update you all when I go back next week.

Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well.... I returned to work Monday and went straight back into things. Management didn't ask how I was feeling or anything.... but have been ok; no attitude or anything.

It's now Wednesday though and I am exhausted as usual.... but only have to get to Friday for half term, so will plod on. I estimate that I should be able to do two more weeks after half term before going back to my GP and that should be it until some time next year.
        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So they are going down the route of lets ignore it it'll go away Dangerous for them if a claim was to be dropped.

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
            So they are going down the route of lets ignore it it'll go away Dangerous for them if a claim was to be dropped.

Jane x
            Yes, I think so too Jane.... although they'll do their best to wriggle out of it, I'm sure.
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Off work again but signed off by the GP this time due to work-based stress. That's gonna go down like a lump of concrete.... but as I won't be going back for some time now, I won't get the fallout. If/when I do go back, there will need to be changes....
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

good plan P1,make sure you get it all documented, evidence is power

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                  good plan P1,make sure you get it all documented, evidence is power
                  Thanks Mrs D....

Have just had a very polite response back from my boss after emailing him earlier.... but he has copied a load of people into it, including the man at the very top of the tree (so to speak), so I'm assuming that's because of what the certificate states.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                    Have just had a very polite response back from my boss after emailing him earlier.... but he has copied a load of people into it, including the man at the very top of the tree (so to speak), so I'm assuming that's because of what the certificate states.
                    I hope you mean the GP's certificate states "workplace stress" loud and clear

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                      Oh yes! Indeed it does PlanB...
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Too late for them to do much now I hope they have lots of pairs of kid gloves

jane x

Comment

Too late for them to do much now I hope they have lots of pairs of kid gloves

jane x
                          Something needs to happen Jane. One of my colleagues is losing her hair because of the stress but isn't doing anything about it and is acting like a martyr at the moment....

The email I received from the boss this evening looked like an attempt at damage limitation; offering support, etc, etc.... but a tad too late unfortunately.
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Am I right in thinking this is the second time your gp has stated work related stress? What would the best outcome be for you and your colleagues? Now is the time for them to start addressing the situation. Do you have a union rep to start negotiations with them?

Jane x

Comment

Am I right in thinking this is the second time your gp has stated work related stress? What would the best outcome be for you and your colleagues? Now is the time for them to start addressing the situation. Do you have a union rep to start negotiations with them?

Jane x
                              This is the second time I've stated it to the boss.... but the first time I've been signed off work with it, although it has been recorded twice by my GP. There is no union rep. where I work but to be honest, I think I'd be better off negotiating on my own; at least in the first instance. I'm now off for the foreseeable future because of my op. so if it happens again after I eventually go back, I'll bring the union in then. I was considering the union rep. position myself for a while but will leave it for the time being.

As for my colleague, she needs to decide whether to carry on brown-nosing or, decide to put her health first..... It's taken her the best part of a year to realise that certain people are only nice to her because she can be useful to them when they want to delegate stuff. I think she also sees me as a bit of a shit stirrer.... which I can be but only when there's good reason for it.

The other option would be to just look for another job. I sent off for details of something else recently, which is heaps more money and possibly out of my league but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Interviews won't be until January if I'm successful, so we'll see. I've started to wonder whether I'm cut out for teaching difficult kids these days when it's all about ticking boxes anyway.... He/they won't get rid of me until I make that decision though, so no worries....
                              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                                be careful citing stress /depression as it now affects your life policies (if you have any). So if you're signed off with stress it may be worth notifying any non-work insurer that has a life policy as they *could* use that against you and refuse any possible death benefit payable upon your death.

Sorry, don't mean to be morbid but I recall these complaints from reading stuff a wee while back
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X