GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

That means ofsted should be appearing very soon. He won't want you around for that!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      That means ofsted should be appearing very soon. He won't want you around for that!
      I don't want to be around for that either..... lol. When they were around before, no-one said anything they weren't scripted to say and kids were placed elsewhere so Ofsted wouldn't find them...... so it was all calm and lovely with no behaviour issues.

Unbelievable! The PR is also fabulous...... but it's not the reality. I feel sorry for my colleagues; some of whom are amazing teachers (as graded elsewhere) but up against a management system that doesn't support them..... hence the cack results.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not the work experience trick? That vacancies magically appear the day that the inspection is announced ��

Everyone may tow the line, but anonymous messages??

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          Not the work experience trick? That vacancies magically appear the day that the inspection is announced ��

Everyone may tow the line, but anonymous messages??
          Something like that, yes. Worked a treat though..... and they saw no behaviour whatsoever. You couldn't make it up.....

I know a parent who did the anonymous thing..... .... lol
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            The policy on mobile phone usage in class is very slack, as is access to inappropriate web content and listening to music through earphones
            An aquarium full of water would be useful, especially if it already had a few mobile 'phones at the bottom.

That's not to mention the kid I had in my face last Friday who called me a f*cking c*nt for managing to confiscate his mate's phone.
            What is the school's policy on the use of soap and water to wash out dirty mouths?
            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 20 September 2014, 09:10.

Comment

The best way to deal with mobile 'phones:

Comment

I wish.....

"Management" tried to pull me up about not giving a phone back to a kid after confiscating it in Lesson 1....... WTF?

I explained that if he hadn't called me a f*cking c*nt and then walked out, I might have done.

(Except I wouldn't have really..... lol)
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

I hope your job surfaces soon. If it is just a waiting game you may be best off waiting in the doctor's surgery. Make sure you have it documented.

I've only ever taught one to one, which was fine for a few months years ago. but other pressures in trying to avoid redundancy every other year by working 8-8 with 100mile commute has left me with Barrett's Oesophagus, diagnosed after redundancy finally hit. So I might lose the pound of flesh closest to my heart, for what?

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                    I hope your job surfaces soon. If it is just a waiting game you may be best off waiting in the doctor's surgery. Make sure you have it documented.

I've only ever taught one to one, which was fine for a few months years ago. but other pressures in trying to avoid redundancy every other year by working 8-8 with 100mile commute has left me with Barrett's Oesophagus, diagnosed after redundancy finally hit. So I might lose the pound of flesh closest to my heart, for what?
                    I'm hoping so too.... I should get the offer/contract next week and it'll be a much better environment. I know that sounds like a contradiction in terms when you consider what I'm going into but trust me, it is...... So sorry that you became ill after giving so much Julian. I think there comes a point when you realise that we're all replaceable and quality of life is worth so much more that slogging away in a toxic environment.
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

Crikey..... i'm sitting here getting adrenalin rushes for no reason with tension pains running down my back..... and this is after nearly a week away from the place!!

I'll need to draft an email to my boss today or early tomorrow, letting him know that I'm going to the GP and won't be in. I'm just hoping my GP will sign me off long enough so I won't have to go back there at all.

As soon as he signs me off, I won't have to send in any cover work, so that'll be a huge relief on its own!
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Oh sweetheart what a nightmare! Firstly an employer cannot claim constructive dismissal - just an employee (and I would suggest you have grounds although it is one of the hardest things to claim through a tribunal). If he is looking at a capability plan that will be long and drawn out - needs to set key improvement targets, training etc so will not be able to "fast track" the process and hopefully you will have given your notice in in the next couple of weeks.

More importantly your health is obviously suffering from working at this school - I would definitely get signed off (you do get sick pay don't you?) - your work is obviously causing you anxiety and stress you have all the classic symptoms! I am sure your GP would not hesitate to sign you off. In my experience they will usually sign someone off for a month with work related stress (giving you time to really get over an incident) by which time the new job should be sorted and you could take the decision whether to work your notice or get an extension to sick leave.

There is no way I would be going in tomorrow - what is there to gain? You are leaving, they have no loyalty to you why on earth should you have any to them???

Sorry it took a while to get back to you we have been away for the weekend - let me know if need anything else from me - I wouldn't send your boss a letter by the way other than to inform him that you are seeing the doctor again tomorrow and that your anxiety has not improved, particularly since you received his email talking about improvement plans!

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                          Oh sweetheart what a nightmare! Firstly an employer cannot claim constructive dismissal - just an employee (and I would suggest you have grounds although it is one of the hardest things to claim through a tribunal). If he is looking at a capability plan that will be long and drawn out - needs to set key improvement targets, training etc so will not be able to "fast track" the process and hopefully you will have given your notice in in the next couple of weeks.

More importantly your health is obviously suffering from working at this school - I would definitely get signed off (you do get sick pay don't you?) - your work is obviously causing you anxiety and stress you have all the classic symptoms! I am sure your GP would not hesitate to sign you off. In my experience they will usually sign someone off for a month with work related stress (giving you time to really get over an incident) by which time the new job should be sorted and you could take the decision whether to work your notice or get an extension to sick leave.

There is no way I would be going in tomorrow - what is there to gain? You are leaving, they have no loyalty to you why on earth should you have any to them???

Sorry it took a while to get back to you we have been away for the weekend - let me know if need anything else from me - I wouldn't send your boss a letter by the way other than to inform him that you are seeing the doctor again tomorrow and that your anxiety has not improved, particularly since you received his email talking about improvement plans!

Jane x
                          Thanks Jane..... I will email him in the morning. I have set cover work and will send that in as well but once I get the certificate from my GP I won't need to anymore, which will be a huge relief. The kids won't do it anyway but it's something I'm required to set.

I will see what my GP says tomorrow but I really don't want to go back there.... it's oppressive. I don't want to claim constructive dismissal, I just want to get out..... I do get sick pay, yes. That's one of the few plus points of being there.

I will update tomorrow and thank you once again...... x
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Well...... went to see my GP and have been signed off for a MONTH! What a bloody relief!!

That will take me up to the 2 days before half term so I will need to work out what I'm doing nearer the time and also, I'll need to consider when to hand my "notice" in after getting the written confirmation I've been waiting for re. this new job.
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              Well...... went to see my GP and have been signed off for a MONTH! What a bloody relief!!

That will take me up to the 2 days before half term so I will need to work out what I'm doing nearer the time and also, I'll need to consider when to hand my "notice" in after getting the written confirmation I've been waiting for re. this new job.
                              I'm so pleased P1 and sending big hugs
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

That's great news P1, lets hope the letter arrives soon. Half term would be a nice cut off point. How much notice do you have to give?

Comment

Working...
                                X