GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Thanks so much Jane....

He's not advertising my actual job role..... but that's what I was doing because there was no-one paid to do it. It was crafty on his part.... because my job description was nothing like I was actually doing! I'm cross because he should have advertised that role when I first told him I was burning out, to take some of the pressure from me. I requested a meeting to discuss it and was fobbed off. I emailed again at the beginning of this September but the idea that my workload was too high was dismissed.

I've drafted out an email to send to the union person which I'll message over if that's ok Jane..... The union was almost justifying that offer to me this morning.....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Right.... I've re-worded it to take some of your comments on board Jane and will email the union person later tonight.

Wish me luck!
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've pm'd you lovely - you should be proud of yourself, an excellent email if that doesn't make him squirm I don't know what will

Let's just hope your union rep is strong enough to push this for you. If you don't get the desired effect with their involvement then there is nothing to stop you dealing with them direct - I'll help whereI can.

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
          I've pm'd you lovely - you should be proud of yourself, an excellent email if that doesn't make him squirm I don't know what will

Let's just hope your union rep is strong enough to push this for you. If you don't get the desired effect with their involvement then there is nothing to stop you dealing with them direct - I'll help whereI can.

Jane x
          Thanks Jane - you're an absolute star!!! xxx
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            Right.... I've re-worded it to take some of your comments on board Jane and will email the union person later tonight.

Wish me luck!
            I have my fingers crossed for you P1

Jane you're a star
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Ok.... They've increased the offer and it's a final one; tax free..... but it needs to go before my boss's boss to be approved. It will also include a good reference and my time off won't be classed as sickness but as an industrial injury..... so it won't reflect badly on my work record.

It's not the full amount I was after but that was set high in the expectation that I would be knocked down...... If I reject this offer, I'm looking at going down the grievance route and dragging things out for months which I don't really want to do, so I've decided to accept (pending approval by the boss's boss).

I think it's (nearly) over..... but will update you all when I get proper confirmation of the offer.

Thanks so much for your help on this Jane.....
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hopefully this will be an early Christmas present and at long last this can be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  Hopefully this will be an early Christmas present and at long last this can be resolved.
                  Thanks Cym..... I'm off to the GP shortly to cover myself, just in case it all goes tits up though.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

I think you do right P1, get it all settled for your own sanity..........
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Still waiting to hear if this increased offer will be approved by the boss's boss. I get the impression that they're used to getting away with paying less..... going by the tone of an email that's just been forwarded to me by the union.....

Let's hope they see sense and we can all move on.
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Fingers crossed for you honey, if it's a fair settlement then you leave with your peace of mind that's fantastic. Let me know what they come back with; out of interest who had emailed the improved offer to the union? Just as an aside pretty bad practice considering why you are in this situation (stress and anxiety) to give you hope then say it's got to be authorised!

Jane x

Comment

The improved offer to the union was from my boss..... probably as a result of discussions with the HR Business Partner at Head Office (who the email was from).... who now has to put it before the board.

He's said it's the maximum amount, there's no capacity for an increase..... and, that it's more than reasonable under the circumstances. Yeah right..... ok then. Those damage limitation wheels keep on turning...... but as it's been upped twice, I'm happy to accept rather than drag it out through a grievance process and beyond.

I doubt I will here before the end of the month now but have an additional sick certificate if they refuse it anyway.
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hi P1 just reading through thread , no one should be allowed to make someone I'll its a disgrace .I know the feeling of having to go into work and desperatley not wanting to.I retired as soon as I could even though I needed the money,couldn't put up with it any longer.I had been there 24yrs and never received a penny from them.You take care your health is so important. xxxx
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Thanks Nanna..... I just want out now. Going in every day and feeling ill for so long has been a living Hell.....

If the offer does not get approved, I will fight him/them because that's how I'm made...... but I would rather close it down and move on 'coz I've had enough.
                              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Have a good Christmas P1 and pls have far too much to drink
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X