GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Well done Jane..... sounds like you had a right victory there.

I'll update regularly on here - no worries..... and thank you again.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just had an email..... it's been agreed!!!!

I haven't had a chance to read through everything on the attachments yet and am out in a while but will look at everything properly later. The hard copy paperwork should come through in the next day or so for signature (assuming all is ok with it).

The termination date is 31/12/2014 and the settlement will be tax free..... but it could take up to 21 days to process after signature, which will take me into early Feb. This should be ok but I will push for it to go through earlier anyway.

The agreed reference is fair under the circumstances, although I dislike the repeated use of the word "effective"...... but as I am unlikely to use it anyway, it makes little difference in the grand scheme of things.

I'll be back later..... I'm going out for a meal with friends later..... and some much needed alcohol!!!!!!! x
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
        Just had an email..... it's been agreed!!!!

. . . I'm going out for a meal with friends later..... and some much needed alcohol!!!!!!! x

I'm really happy for you P1. I might even drink to your relief tonight myself

Comment

Well done from me too, I'm so pleased for you P1
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Great news P1 - you've had quite a battle to get your employer to do the right thing but you finally got there
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

oh my goodness, really delighted for you (but I still don't understand how they can terminate from 31/12/14 and not have it signed until mid way through January!!) However, I think you are happy with the amount and if they had pulled their finger out before Christmas it would have been settled then and you would have received the same. I am amazed how unprofessionally they have dealt with the whole thing but a lot of employers are the same!

Time to smile and move on - nice lump sum in the bank and a job you are looking forward to I hope Enjoy your alcohol, if anyone deserves it it is you, well done for holding your nerve and being strong at a time when you felt far from it!

If you need anything let me know,

Jane x

Comment

Well done P1... so pleased for you
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                    I am amazed how unprofessionally they have dealt with the whole thing but a lot of employers are the same!
                    Its like working in Finance!!

Comment

Thank you all so very much..... and especially to you Jane, who kept me going and encouraged me to hold my nerve!!

It's the first time I've need serious help on here and all of you were absolutely fab!!

I hope to start the new job at the beginning of February...... but the story won't end there because it's in the same bloody building (just like the one that I was hoping to get which fell through a few months back!! So..... do I send the soon-to-be old boss a courtesy email just before I start.... to smooth the way for both of us or, do I just walk in.....

OMG..... you couldn't make it up.....
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Get the money in the bank, buy yourself a new outfit and killer heels and look forward to bumping into him��

jane x

Comment

P 1 so very pleased for you great news enjoy it.xxxxx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

It's fantastic that this is finally resolved. As Jane said killer heels, a smile and look him straight in the eye

Comment

Trouble with killer heels...... His foot may get in the way....mmmmmm there's a thought.
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                                Trouble with killer heels...... His foot may get in the way....mmmmmm there's a thought.
                                Why set your sights so low?

Click image for larger version

Name:	kick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1406922
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X