GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Great news xxx

Jane x

Comment

Just a quick question.....

Following the Occupational Health Report going to my boss, should I raise a grievance before he calls a meeting to discuss its content..... or wait until after on the basis that it may not be necessary 'coz he HAS to take action now?

Feeling a tad out of my depth with this at times......
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey lovely, keep on trying to answer this but don't seem able to post - 3rd time lucky!

I would prepare your grievance now but give him a week or two to answer the report - if you lodge your grievance they will have to deal with it and if you leave it a week I doubt it would be actioned before Christmas, if you then need a new sick note no doctor would expect anyone to go back to work having been off with Stress and anxiety when their manager has a grievance lodged and an investigation is under way!

He will have to do something, or they will need to buy you out - either way you will either be working in a much better environment (and the minute it gets bad again you go off sick) or you have a pay out high enough to give you the breathing space to find your next job.

You have lighted the touch paper now my lovely and something has to happen to improve your life.

Jane x

Comment

Thanks Jane.... Your posts are reassuring and I seem to go from one extreme to the other in my head at the moment.

Still hanging in there.... currently waiting for an update from my union person who is getting in touch with the boss to shake him a bit..... The union person is actually quite scary (a good thing)!

**Update**..... The boss is willing to settle but needs to take advice first.

Sounds hopeful - I just hope we can negotiate the offer and make it worth having.....
          Last edited by PriorityOne; 2 December 2014, 17:52.
          Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Let's hope a solution is long last going to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Let's hope a solution is long last going to be found.
              totally agree with Cym xx

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post

**Update**..... The boss is willing to settle but needs to take advice first.

Sounds hopeful - I just hope we can negotiate the offer and make it worth having.....
                I have my fingers crossed for you P1
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Morning, just wondered if you had heard back from them? Although from following his behaviour I doubt he will act quickly

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                    Morning, just wondered if you had heard back from them? Although from following his behaviour I doubt he will act quickly

Jane x
                    Hi Jane.... not yet, no. I'm expecting to hear tomorrow. The union person said that they normally offer between 2-3 months gross salary but she has requested more..... and because of that, it's had to go to my boss's boss.

Hard to say which way it will swing at the moment but 2-3 months is not enough; I'm contracted until April as it is.....
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

Oh dear.... they're definitely stringing it out.

Another visit to my GP before Xmas it is then....
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

oh no, was hoping you would get this over with before Christmas xx

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          oh no, was hoping you would get this over with before Christmas xx
                          So was I.... There's still time for developments next week but Xmas is slowing things down for one reason or another.

Remember the mantra:

Comment

More evidence of unreasonable behaviour ......

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              Oh dear.... they're definitely stringing it out.

Another visit to my GP before Xmas it is then....
                              I'm sorry to P1, sending you big hugs
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks folks....

I'm getting the impression that schools can get away with murder in terms of how they treat staff though...... The union person made it clear some time ago that she wouldn't support me with any legal claim I might be thinking about. Fortunately (for me), I didn't want to string thing out like that anyway due to needing an income but if I had..... I'm not sure I would have had faith in them to pursue it, to be honest. It's made me wonder lately just how neutral these people are..... I've had much better advice on here which has kept me on the ball when speaking to them.
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X