GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    company was sold the next week (surprise surprise) I did get a settlement under a compromise agreement, it was a complete fud, the people who ran that company are on my karma will get them list.
    Karma is a wonderful thing.... but it sometimes takes too long for my liking. The best kind of karma is when you get to watch...
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ah P1 I'm like an elephant, you only get one chance with me, and I always remember who did what to me and mine.

they'll get their reward, it was a dodgy business model anyway, and not likely to survive the recession

Comment

I will be having the informal meeting I requested next week, with the head of HR..... who the boss has invited along to document what we agree. I am not phased by the meeting, as I have known the head of HR for a number of years and she is very professional in her role. I am however curious to know what to expect. My understanding is that the boss will need to discuss my concerns about the job stress with me, along with my phased return, so that we can all come to a workable agreement for the future.

Hmmmmm......
        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry I can't help you P1 but wishing you luck
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanks Pix.... I will update you all when I get back tomorrow.....
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

write everything down, P1 good luck, calm and assertive

Comment

Good luck from me too P1
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Good luck today; I am sure you have it all in hand but I would take bullet points in with me to ensure you remember everything you want to go over; also it would help if you had examples of particularly stressful situations where you haven't felt supported etc. In my experience the HR lady will probably lead the meeting (although she has only been invited to observe ) Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                    Good luck today; I am sure you have it all in hand but I would take bullet points in with me to ensure you remember everything you want to go over; also it would help if you had examples of particularly stressful situations where you haven't felt supported etc. In my experience the HR lady will probably lead the meeting (although she has only been invited to observe ) Jane x
                    Well, that was interesting! The HR lady didn't lead the meeting but was scribbling away taking notes. she said that I would get a copy of what was agreed, etc. The boss began by explaining that I am on teacher's pay and conditions and as such, basically the job description doesn't matter (not his precise words). The union had already advised me that he would take this angle.... so no worries. He implied that I was the only one experiencing stress but that he needed to put things in place to support me. I raised a few points for the benefit of the HR lady, including my colleague's hair falling out..... because I felt that he was doing a lot of damage limitation in front of her, so did get my points across at the same time.

The upshot is that I have been referred to Occupational Health.... which presumably, will be to my advantage..... but the issue of stress being caused by cack management will not be identified as the cause, obviously.... so, same old cover it up shit really.

Although I'm not sure that I've done myself any favours with management, it remains to be seen what will happen next. They will of course support my phased return but then, they don't really have a choice.

I find it amazing at times that one single plonker can morph a previously good job role into something so horrendous.....
                    Last edited by PriorityOne; 18 February 2014, 08:33.
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

I have been thinking long and hard about things since Monday and this would seem to be a prime opportunity for me to change the job into something I want it to be, rather than what my boss and his sidekick think they can get away with. So, I am gong to try and work it to get out of the classroom to do something else...

If I wanted to be qualified teacher, I would have taken the PGCE years ago but it was never my intention. There are loads of people out there being used a cheap teachers because academies can employ them and save money that way. The difference with my job now though is that I am caged up all day with large numbers of feral children teaching 100 minute lessons every day. So, I am going to try and work it so that I am out of the classroom doing something else, at least for part of the time. My colleague on the behaviour "team" (just her actually) is on the same pay scale as me; as a UQT but does no lesson planning or marking at all. If I could work with her, this would take me out of a traditional teaching role entirely.

Any suggestions as to how to go about this would be welcome... lol. I am thinking that the Occupational Therapist (when I see him/her) can support this kind of change? If this can't be done, then the only alternative is to suggest that I reduce my contractual hours from September to 4 days a week instead... and although this is something I was considering... a part of me is reluctant to agree to changes now that would save them money after the way they've carried on.

Any thoughts would be welcome, as I need to get this right.
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

I admit I haven't read all your thread so I'm not really in a position to comment. But I was wondering whether it's the job role which is making you miserable or is it this particular school environment? If you changed to another school would it be any different or better?

My daughter's going through a similar situation. She loves her job and all it entails but she hates the people around her. She's the only female in a very blokeish office where sexism is dish of the day. She's given up and decided to look elsewhere.

Comment

Are there some additional SENCO courses that you can take? The rules are changing and you could be in a stronger position if you are up on this (sorry if this is insulting, it doesn't mean to be!)

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                            I admit I haven't read all your thread so I'm not really in a position to comment. But I was wondering whether it's the job role which is making you miserable or is it this particular school environment? If you changed to another school would it be any different or better?

My daughter's going through a similar situation. She loves her job and all it entails but she hates the people around her. She's the only female in a very blokeish office where sexism is dish of the day. She's given up and decided to look elsewhere.
                            I love the job PlanB.... it's bad management that's making it stressful. I loved the job when my previous boss was running the place..... but the one I have now has got me doing 2 jobs rolled into one. Hard to explain... but there should be more pastoral care in my current job and much smaller teaching groups because they are difficult kids.

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            Are there some additional SENCO courses that you can take? The rules are changing and you could be in a stronger position if you are up on this (sorry if this is insulting, it doesn't mean to be!)
                            Not insulting at all Cym... if there's an opportunity, I'll do it. They will need to look at my current role and minimise the stress now, so we'll see what happens.
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hi PriorityOne, haven't read through all of your posts but might be able to help a bit with HR side of things....firstly if you have certains things written into your contract then they cannot just take them away, they can remove them following a consultation and notice period (or your agreement) as many people have found since the recession when lots of the nice benefits have been withdrawn.

It was right for the HR lady not to lead the meeting, she would be there to take notes and just make sure the meeting was conducted properly but usually would not contribute to the meeting.

Whenever you have meetings you should be allowed to be accompanied, again this person isn't there to take part in the conversation but can take minutes/notes for you and your records.

It sounds like referring you to occ health is a good idea and they should be doing that as they have a responsibility to look after you!

If you need specific advice about employment law, you might want to consider contacting ACAS, they can offer mediation services as well as advice.

Also make sure you get the companies policies on fair treatment at work etc as they need to make sure they follow their own procedures as well as the law, I believe it is heavily frowned upon in court if they don't follow their own rules!!

Not sure if any of this helps at all and I wish you luck!
                              Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thank you Cookie :-) I didn't want to take a rep. in at this stage but I did record it all on the sneak..... so have been able to re-listen to everything. if I have another meeting like that, then I will take someone in there with me.
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X