GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    be careful citing stress /depression as it now affects your life policies (if you have any). So if you're signed off with stress it may be worth notifying any non-work insurer that has a life policy as they *could* use that against you and refuse any possible death benefit payable upon your death.

Sorry, don't mean to be morbid but I recall these complaints from reading stuff a wee while back
    The only policy I have is an old endowment which matures in 5 years..... and death in service benefits linked to the job, so I doubt it applies.

I swear I would haunt them anyway....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post

I swear I would haunt them anyway....

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

OK.... thought I'd update this thread....

Having been signed off work now for some time since my operation, I've had time to think about what's gone on at work, how I feel about it and the best way forward. Reports are filtering through from colleagues re. some really cack decisions that management are still making and the knock-on effects that staff are experiencing because of this. Initially, I had no plans to return; not for long anyway.... but as time's gone by, I've become angry.... so have decided to stay and fight my corner.

With that in mind, I'm seeing my GP tomorrow for another certificate to send in, which I will scan across to the boss along with an email that outlines a few things I'm not happy about and which are causing work-based stress.... along with suggestions for change. He won't be happy about it but it's high time the tables were turned a bit, I think. I intend to copy another member of staff into the email; the main HR person at the parent Academy, to make sure that someone outside of where I work is clued up about what's going on and also because the boss contacts her for HR advice, as we seem to have no impartial HR setup where I'm based.

I did post the email up for feedback but have since changed my mind and removed it...
        Last edited by PriorityOne; 19 January 2014, 18:50.
        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No reply/acknowledgement to my email.... not that it was inviting one.

How mature....
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Watching this with interest - my money is on no-one even acknowledging your comments and suggestions. Did you get a delivery/read receipt?

If you ever wanted to slap a claim on them you are building a lovely case

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
              Watching this with interest - my money is on no-one even acknowledging your comments and suggestions. Did you get a delivery/read receipt?

Jane x
              Thanks Jane....

No read receipt... not sure how to get one via Hotmal but it was copied to the HR person and as nothing's bounced back and they keep paying me, I'm assuming they've got the scanned copies of my sick certificates. I think someone's already had a word to be honest.... and told him not to put anything in writing. It took me several day to edit that email to perfection. Hopefully, he will have shat his pants....

I will leave it a few weeks and then request a meeting to discuss a phased return but I want it to be just the two of us in the meeting.... so will probably have to state that in case he decides to pull a fast one and arrange an ambush.

I'm not out for trouble; he/they should know me better than that but if he doesn't give me the job I applied for and make some overdue changes, he/they will get it.
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post

Jane x

my thoughts also P1, not responding to emails that raise concerns is a beaut, just let them stagger on, he's hanging himself, am surprised that HR didn't acknowledge though, they usually act to limit the damage quite quickly, I might be tempted to ask for an acknowledgement there

Comment

Just one thing about the "just two of us in the meeting" bit.. don't you want a witness with you? I would....

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    my thoughts also P1, not responding to emails that raise concerns is a beaut, just let them stagger on, he's hanging himself, am surprised that HR didn't acknowledge though, they usually act to limit the damage quite quickly, I might be tempted to ask for an acknowledgement there
                    They're not my HR anymore though Mrs D, or the person would have done. My boss leans on here for advice and has copied her onto his own replies to me in the past, as we have no HR of our own since being set up as a separate school. I'm not sure there was enough funding for a separate HR or, if he's just shoved those responsibilities onto an admin. member of staff and not told anyone. I suspect it's the latter.

He emailed a very carefully worded response back after I first went off sick and copied everyone under the sun into it. It smacked of damage limitation immediately, so I knew he'd taken advice, especially when so many people were copied into it. Since then though, I've had no response to my emails. This is the second email now; the one before was simply to advise him that a further certificate would be sent in after I came out of hospital. He seems to be relying on another member of staff to be my "sick buddy" and give him updates but in my opinion, a little bit of courteous concern would have been nice.

Just remembered, there was another email a few months ago after I went off sick for 2 days which first raised some concerns and reasons why I was ill. He brushed over that content and sent a template response out thanking me for letting him know and wishing me better. I then got my planning and prep. time back that had been lost for 4 weeks on the trot, which is why I'd been ill in the first place.... but nothing else changed.
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                      Just one thing about the "just two of us in the meeting" bit.. don't you want a witness with you? I would....
                      I know what you're saying but in the first instance, I want it to be just the two of us. If he invites others along without saying anything, I'll call time on it and get a union rep. to go in there with me but that's not really what I want out of this. I have stated that it will be an "informal" meeting, so am hoping he's savvy enough to pick up on that.
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

I tried a "sane and adult" private conversation in a hotel with my last shytey boss, it quickly degenerated into a shouting match, I had plenty of witnesses, all the other customers in the hotel coffee shop couldn't drink their coffee for listening in. I wnt to the loo before we left and a woman came in from a local company and told me she'd be a witness for me if it went to a tribunal, she reckoned he needed a good slap!

Comment

I tried a "sane and adult" private conversation in a hotel with my last shytey boss, it quickly degenerated into a shouting match, I had plenty of witnesses, all the other customers in the hotel coffee shop couldn't drink their coffee for listening in. I wnt to the loo before we left and a woman came in from a local company and told me she'd be a witness for me if it went to a tribunal, she reckoned he needed a good slap!
                          OMG! Did you take him to a tribunal Mrs. D? There are a number of people who could do with a good slap where I work...
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

company was sold the next week (surprise surprise) I did get a settlement under a compromise agreement, it was a complete fud, the people who ran that company are on my karma will get them list.

Comment

, the people who ran that company are on my karma will get them list.
                              And your avatar is so angelic!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                And your avatar is so angelic!

I know

Comment

Working...
                                X