GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Well done; not sure the arse knows what the elbow is doing but at least your cover is reinstated.

Jane x

Comment

Well done P1

I wonder how many people just accept what they're told.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Knowing how much some of you enjoy reading about my work sagas, I thought I would share this latest one with you.

The jolly-hocky-sticks Vice Principal who was wheeled across to my site some time after Xmas announced some dates for our diaries when we would be required to help out with a number of events that she's organised. This included all day thiS SATURDAY and SUNDAY as well.....

"You can feck right off" I thought.....

We then all got an email informing us that she was more than happy to work out our directed time (additional hours we have to do as part of our contracts), which got my back up immediately..... so I emailed back (very tactfully) and said that I was't able to work weekends due to having other commitments (such as a life.... lol)....

Nothing was said and I didn't get a reply either but in this morning's meeting, it was just assumed that we would all be there..... and that she might need to make some tough decisions.

Good luck with that one Luv.....

Last edited by PriorityOne; 10 June 2013, 20:14.
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You're really not having a good time of it there, are you PI?

Are you looking elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            You're really not having a good time of it there, are you PI?

Are you looking elsewhere?
            No.... not looking Pix. It's far too convenient working where I do; it's only a 10 minute drive from my house, so my travelling costs are next to nothing and the job is reasonably secure.

This latest thing is quite amusing actually.... There are now 2 of us with absolutely no intention of working at the weekend and the VP is treading on very thin ice by trying to make it sound normal for everyone.

I found myself almost willing her to talk to me about it today as directed time..... but as I'm not very good at hiding it when I think someone's a complete prat, I doubt she has the gumption to be honest.

Last edited by PriorityOne; 12 June 2013, 21:42.
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post

I found myself almost willing her to talk to me about it today as directed time..... but as I'm not very good at hiding it when I think someone's a complete prat, I doubt she has the gumption to be honest.

Comment

Ok.... here we go again....

I've been off sick several days last week and one day the week before due to work-based stress. My work timetable is heaving with all kinds of responsibilities this academic year, which are far too boring to go into but which are leaving me physically and mentally exhausted.

In light of the fact that this seems to be ongoing, I have since complained (unofficially) and also joined a union; thinking it best to protect myself a bit more in view of the fact that I'm due to go into hospital later this year and will need to take several months off work (on full pay ).

If it turns out (as I suspect) that we have no union rep for this particular union in my workplace.... I will be volunteering for that role....
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

good plan P1, if you let them, they will walk all over you

the sort of union you are speaking of are quite strong and influential, go for it

Comment

If you are suffering from worked based stress I would go to the GP and start getting it documented HR just like DCA's paper trails all important if ever it comes to anything. I would also be dropping them a line outlining why you feel your sickness is work based..... always a good one to see a department run

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                      If you are suffering from worked based stress I would go to the GP and start getting it documented HR just like DCA's paper trails all important if ever it comes to anything. I would also be dropping them a line outlining why you feel your sickness is work based..... always a good one to see a department run

Jane x
                      Thanks Jane.... I sent an email just before going off sick documenting everything and asking questions; knowing damn well that he wouldn't want anything sent to him in writing. Got no response other than the standard "wish you better" one that he was obliged to send. Went back to work Monday and got ignored, which I found slightly amusing..... Later on though, he had to speak to me about something work-based and was very uncomfortable doing it.....

Found out during our minuscule lunch break of half an hour..... that several of us emailed him at once and one bloke quoted union regs. at him, so things have suddenly started to get a lot better. Seems I wasn't not on my own with this after all and most of us are exhausted....

I'll leave it a while and then home in with something else that's bothering everyone and hopefully, that'll be it for a while.

Thanks for your advice Jane.... it's much appreciated x
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

You obviously have it in hand got to say your employers do sound a nightmare!

jane x

Comment

Sound like mice compared to the shower I dealt with three years ago!

Comment

Thanks Jane

I feel for you Oscar.... it's not nice, is it?
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              Thanks Jane

I feel for you Oscar.... it's not nice, is it?
                              Mine was more sly, decietful, underhanded, machivellian, non confidential, and probably breached employment law.

Comment

Just the sort I like to deal with Oscar they are usually the ones who "know it all" and slip up big style

Jane x

Comment

Working...
                                X