GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Good Luck P1
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Might end u being their boss. Cue the "OI ! shithead, come here"
      OMG.... that would be funny!!

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Good Luck P1
      Thanks Pix
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just updating to let you all know that I am still waiting for an outcome from that interview I had. The company want me on board but are unsure of what position to offer me because I am qualified for more than one role in their organisation..... It's a new educational provision and needs setting up from scratch so I'm unlikely to hear anything definite for a few weeks yet.

It's driving me nuts because until I get an offer in writing, I won't let myself believe it..... and I'm also dying to tell my current boss and his sidekick where to stick it...
        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
          and I'm also dying to tell my current boss and his sidekick where to stick it...
          As tempting as that is, I would just be smiling internally when you hand in your notice, as you never know who remembers your departure.

I worked in a place 15 years ago (and they treated their workers with real contempt) where someone on their last day got very drunk at lunchtime, and in the afternoon jumped on his bosses desk, pulled his pants down and wiggled his bum in his face.

Someone who witnessed this (and now runs his own company) that I still keep in touch with emailed me last week to say the above bum wiggler applied for a job there, and, strangely, was not invited for interview!

Not that I'm saying you'd do such a thing (!), but sometimes you never know who remembers your conduct (not just your ex boss).
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            As tempting as that is, I would just be smiling internally when you hand in your notice, as you never know who remembers your departure.

I worked in a place 15 years ago (and they treated their workers with real contempt) where someone on their last day got very drunk at lunchtime, and in the afternoon jumped on his bosses desk, pulled his pants down and wiggled his bum in his face.

Someone who witnessed this (and now runs his own company) that I still keep in touch with emailed me last week to say the above bum wiggler applied for a job there, and, strangely, was not invited for interview!

Not that I'm saying you'd do such a thing (!), but sometimes you never know who remembers your conduct (not just your ex boss).
            No worries.... I didn't mean it as literally as it came out SnV. If he asks me why I'm leaving, I'll say.... that's about it really. He had a chance to put things right during our meeting a few months ago but decided to treat is like a damage limitation exercise in front of HR instead. Silly man....
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
              No worries.... I didn't mean it as literally as it came out SnV. If he asks me why I'm leaving, I'll say.... that's about it really. He had a chance to put things right during our meeting a few months ago but decided to treat is like a damage limitation exercise in front of HR instead. Silly man....
              Genuinley hope you get it. It's horrible when you work for an employer that doesn't care.

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                Genuinley hope you get it. It's horrible when you work for an employer that doesn't care.
                Thanks TM.... I hope so too. If not, I'll have to start looking properly, I think.
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Not updated this thread in a while, so here goes.....

The job that I was offered in April hasn't happened yet but I am assured that it will happen next week because they have now signed contracts for the premises and I have also had a meeting with them..... things just need to be formalised, but I can't give notice in my current job until they have. In the meantime, I have driven myself nuts waiting, waiting and WAITING for news that they've signed..... fully expecting to hand my notice in before the end of the summer term..... and trying to continue where I am without letting it all get on top of me.

I managed to get to the end of the summer term but had a run-in with my boss about his constant harking on about volunteering at weekends and staff meetings that he wanted out of the blue. Fortunately, other people and also grown sick of it and he was forced to backtrack to an extent and minute it , so the pressure started to die off because his attempts to divide and conquer us had been quashed as well.

Returning to work in September however has been an absolute frigging nightmare. Firstly, I have no teaching base anymore since he decided to timetable an external provision in my room 2 whole days a week..... so I now have to lug stuff from room to room to teach, with minimal available resources and kids that are as feral as f*ck. The policy on mobile phone usage in class is very slack, as is access to inappropriate web content and listening to music through earphones..... which continues to make teaching a living Hell. On top of this, we have 100 minute lessons and I had the same class for 2 of these on the trot last week (3 and a half hours with the same kids) with only a short break...... which left me looking and feeling like a rag doll at the end..... so I've been off sick since. That's not to mention the kid I had in my face last Friday who called me a f*cking c*nt for managing to confiscate his mate's phone. I've never been so close to cracking as I came last week and that's not like me at all.

Despite this, I had every intention of going back this Monday until I can give notice but after getting a rather patronising, damage limitation type email from my boss re. the issues described above (and then some!), I sense that he's going to try and start a capability process which has left me fuming...... so, I'm now thinking that my best bet is to stay off sick, go to my GP on Monday morning and get signed off indefinitely with stress until I know what I'm doing.

I've weighed this up very which way I can think of today...... but have been advised by a close friend and by my own daughter, that they don't think I should return either.

Any views would be greatly appreciated as I can't see the wood for the trees at the moment with some of it. I think this is what I would suggest to anyone going through similar though. Life is just too short to keep having stress like this on a daily basis and I want my life back.

What do you think? He's not down as a reference by the way...... lol!
                  Last edited by PriorityOne; 19 September 2014, 21:06.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

Is he going for constructive dismissal? Are other teachers having the same double lessons with a difficult class?
                    Sorry without going back, have you got your Union rep involved? Will being off work compromise your new job? Are OT involved? Have been in touch with LEA or are you an Academy?

I agree that going sick seems the best route, I'm just making sure that this won't 'come back to bite you'?

By the way I should start by saying that I am sorry that things have started badly and that you are still waiting to get it all sorted; going back after the summer is bad enough without all this being thrown at you.

Comment

Honestly do not know how to advise you on this. I went through a similar stressful situation after 15 years with a previous employer. Could not believe what was happening, lost weight, sleepless nights, could not function! In the end I accepted another job offer. Then solicitors letters, not allowed to work for a competitor, 2 months notice etc: Cost me over £1000 in solicitors fees. Started new job, took loads of customers with me, and screwed previous boss! Revenge. Many years ago. Don't know how employment law works now

Comment

I'm not sure what he's up to Cym.... but do know he's trying to cover his back re. work-based stress and looking after his employees (yeah, right!). From the tone of his email, it suggests to me that he might be going for constructive dismissal. I was fuming because I had a 100% pass rate for the course I co-delivered last year and am good at my job but the structure of it is ridiculous; 3 members of staff habitually teach the same course to the same group of kids; making marking. cross-referencing and tracking almost impossible!

That aside.... yes, other teachers are having similar stresses but are too afraid to speak out too much. One guy did speak out in a previous job (not teaching) and lost that job, so he never says a word at all..... but he doesn't get results either. He doesn't get any results at all but I (and another colleague) have covered for the past 2 years because he's a nice guy! Another colleague was very ill with stress last year but also didn't say anything. She seems to handle her stress by barking at the kids and making herself unpopular with them..... so we all deal with stress in different ways. With me, I get ill.... and I told him this ages ago, the last time it happened. In his defence, he did try to make improvements but these have evaporated since we came back and my timetable is now worse than ever.

I have not got the union involved as yet, although I have contacted them for guidance on numerous occasions about different things. I doubt it will compromise my new job because they are aware of the set-up where I am now and don't think much of it and I haven't put my current employer down as a reference (as such). My last boss (before she was promoted) is my work referee and she thinks he's a prat anyway...... lol

I work in part of an Academy set-up, so they can do pretty much what they like (so I understand) but still need to be mindful of stress..... I was going to be referred to Occ. Health last time but this never happened for some reason and despite chasing it up with HR, I got no response, so left it.

The way I see it, if I go back.... I will be off again shortly anyway which will be worse. If I stay off sick, he can't start thinking about a capability process and I can hand in my notice once I have a formal job offer in writing from the other place. The worst scenario is that it all goes tits up and I end up at the JobCentre if the new job falls through afterwards..... but to be honest, I've survived worse in my life and have discussed this at length with a friend today.

I have had headaches, tension, stiff back, tight chest, sleepless nights, dizziness, sickness, pains everywhere, adrenalin rushes for no reason and pain down my arm. There's nothing in my contract to stop me working for a competitor so it's not the same as you describe Enforcer..... but the job will be in very close proximity to where I am now which will have it's difficult moments, I'm sure...... but hopefully, that'll be his karma and not mine when his precious school is eventually put into special measures!

I know that I'm extremely fortunate that my mortgage is paid (following my mother's death and money left to me) and this gives me more leeway than most but I still need an income and really don't want to screw things up if I can help it.
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Your health and sanity are your priority! Maybe send TastyJane a message as she is our employment specialist, but I would think going sick is your only option, plus keep in close contact with the new job.

As an aside, make loads of complaints / allegations after you leave, maybe involving the governors. Following all the Trojan Horse stuff governors are under close scrutiny.

Comment

One of the governors is married to the Vice Principal, so there really is no-one to go to..... This is part of the problem. We used to share a good HR with our co-school as well but since becoming independent, we have no proper HR either.

It's a real shambles.....
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

I agree it is really scary how power is being devolved to academies without a proper fallback.

If allegations are made then the governors will be held as culpable. Where is the school with regard to Ofsted inspections and exam results?

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                I agree it is really scary how power is being devolved to academies without a proper fallback.

If allegations are made then the governors will be held as culpable. Where is the school with regard to Ofsted inspections and exam results?
                                Ofsted report was a 3 (requires improvement) on all levels and that was before exams were taken and results were out. GCSE results were really dismal...... Lowest statistic I've ever come across. So low that he won't go public on it..... so this year will be make or break..... and I think it'll be break.

GCSEs had nothing to do with me.... lol..... I taught BTEC subjects, thank God!

I've messaged Tastyjane..... thanks Cym
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X