GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA Appeals - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA Appeals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA Appeals

Dont know anything as yet (and not mine) all I know is the person has rock bottom points.

I believe there have been changes recently (to the appeals process) and that a revision has to take place first?

Anyone point me to some information that can help out?? One area of concern is obviously Payments in the mean time?

Cheers
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: ESA Appeals

Hi Oscar,
    The best source of info is on the Benefits and Work website:
    How To Subscribe
    There is an annual sub of £19.95 though to get to the best info.

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Dont know anything as yet (and not mine) all I know is the person has rock bottom points.

I believe there have been changes recently (to the appeals process) and that a revision has to take place first?

Anyone point me to some information that can help out?? One area of concern is obviously Payments in the mean time?

Good question oscar, we haven't as yet recieved new forms as yet, we have been waiting on Hubbys review for this new benefit, also wondering what happpens to payments if you get refused due to low points. Hubby is really poorly just now but after reading many other stories about ATOS, we dont know what might happen
      Cheers

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      Hi Oscar,
      How To Subscribe

Elsa x
      Thanks Elsa your a mine field of info will try this site out...would like to be prepared for when forms come in

Comment

Personally I am not all that keen on benefits and work because there is nothing they provide for the subscription that can be found for free at other sources on the internet.

If you are going to appeal you need to get it in before the new rules take affect on the 1st April.

I am in the process of appealing and taking the DWP to task for there maladministration via my MP as my blog explains.

Anything you need to know fire the questions at me and ill go get the answers for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          Hi Oscar,
          How To Subscribe

Elsa x
          Elsa

We don't refer to paid sites here

Certainly not when we have Pompeyfaith who leads a huge campaign into atos/disability issues etc.

I'd certainly suggest people do not subscribe. Nothing they have is that secret that it can't be found for free.

Thanks
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Personally I am not all that keen on benefits and work because there is nothing they provide for the subscription that can be found for free at other sources on the internet.

If you are going to appeal you need to get it in before the new rules take affect on the 1st April.

I am in the process of appealing and taking the DWP to task for there maladministration via my MP as my blog explains.

Anything you need to know fire the questions at me and ill go get the answers for nothing.
            Ooops missed this when I just replied. Cheers Pompey
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorreee....ust trying to help as there'd been no responses. Of course Pompey is the man where benefits are concerned

Comment

Sorry not needed Elsa it is just that many in the process of claiming disability benefits are skint and the last thing they need is a subscription to a site where all the info can be got for nothing.

You are ok elsa so no apologies yeh!!

Comment

btw I am off to London again for this:

NSUN Mental Healthwatch launch invite

Could not turn down a free train ride and munchies could I but hope to gleen more on the mental health front and also as they are an arm of the MHRN see if we are any closer to the reserved Judgement regarding the MHRN Court case where they brought a Judicial review on behave of two mental health claimants.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post

Cheers
                    It all looks a mess tbh and has so many flaws.......but I found this Oscar.

Employment and support allowance (ESA) is to be stopped when a claimant challenges a decision that they are fit for work, the government has confirmed. Instead, claimants will be forced to declare themselves fit for work in order to try to claim Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) whilst still asking their GP for sick notes (now called fit notes) to maintain their ESA claim.

Only when a mandatory reconsideration has been carried out will the claimant be able to lodge an appeal and once again receive ESA at the assessment rate, until the appeal is decided. There is no limit on how long the DWP can take to carry out a mandatory reconsideration.
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Indeed and there is no time limit on the reconsideration indeed they could reconsider it for a year or more before passing it to tribunal as the reconsideration period is open ended.

There are more flaws than there are pins in my mums pin cushion.

Comment

At the moment you are paid £71 a week during appeal this is the assessment rate, however come April 1st this all changes and they are not obliged to pay you anything if you request a reconsideration lets also not forget legal aid for 1st tier tribunal cases stops too.

Very bleak times ahead for us all

Comment

It's a good job there are good people like you to fight the fight Pompey!

Comment

Elsa,

Like everything I only became aware due to my own circumstances and decided to dig deeper and search and hunt for the answers that many come to ask via facebook.

It really is a mess and there are countless citizens in real trouble and it will get worse a whole lot worse come the new financial year because it is not just the ill and disabled that are being hit but earners, pensioners too indeed no one escapes unless you are wealthy and can ride the storm.

Many are still unaware of what will hit them, the conservatives have always been known to be ruthless but Cameron and co have opened a whole new chapter.

I funny enough am still undecided on what party to support because to be honest they are all the same what is needed is a whole new outlook more independents from all sections of society and less millionaires with a tighter rain on parliamentary standards because right now I have forgotten how many times Cameron has stepped on his own toes.

I live in hope that if press regulation does not oust him bedroom tax and universal credit with a bit of summer of discontent thrown in will.

We shall see because right now government is like a pressure cooker waiting for the top to blow off.

Comment

Too right, PF. I live in hope that he'll be found to have been involved in some sleazy scandal that he can't wriggle out of. Wouldn't suprise me. I detest the snotty nosed little hypocrite.

Comment

Working...
                              X