GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script First Time Buyers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Buyers

Hi guys,

Me and my partner have had a mortgage in principle agreed, but I just have one sticking point at the moment basically the finance agreement for my car is in my dads name and he wants it transferred to me before I leave the area, so basically I just wanted to see what the best chain of events was?

To get the mortgage sorted then the car or vice versa?

The only reason I ask is I dont want one app to effect the other basically

Re: First Time Buyers

Wait till after the mortgage otherwise they'll deduct the payments of the car against affordability.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is there a set amount of time after the mortgage that I should leave the car? Also will the mortgage have a positive impact on my credit report?

Comment

Just leave the car till you've completed afterwhich you'll be fine to add it cos the mortgage will be complete so no more financial checks.

Of course the mortgage helps - it allows lenders a resource to secure an unsecured debt by way of Restriction should you fall into debt so your risk improves slightly for normal unsecured lending.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi guys one last question now I have the mortgage offer in hand and the solicitors are working on it, am I ok to start looking to move the car over?

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
            Hi guys one last question now I have the mortgage offer in hand and the solicitors are working on it, am I ok to start looking to move the car over?
            I would wait until the deal has gone through. As you will find out, house buying/selling takes a while!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wait until you've moved in, once you've done that then you can do the transfer, you don't want anything to affect your mortgage application at this late date do you.

Comment

one last question now I have the mortgage offer in hand and the solicitors are working on it, am I ok to start looking to move the car over?

Niddy has already answered this question for you

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Wait till after the mortgage otherwise they'll deduct the payments of the car against affordability.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Just leave the car till you've completed after which you'll be fine to add it cos the mortgage will be complete so no more financial checks.

Comment

Ah right thought id just check now the mortgage offer was made if I could start but it appears not, without going to specifics but me and my dad dont get on and wont let me take the car to the new property until its in my name, am i right in thinking I can apply for it at the rental property then change the address afterwards because otherwise i wont be on the electoral roll etc at the new address?

Comment

See below plus my email plus my previous posts

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                    I would wait until the deal has gone through. As you will find out, house buying/selling takes a while!
                    Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                    Wait until you've moved in, once you've done that then you can do the transfer, you don't want anything to affect your mortgage application at this late date do you.
                    Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    Niddy has already answered this question for you
                    ^^^ SEVERAL times :

Comment

Ah right thought id just check now the mortgage offer was made if I could start but it appears not, without going to specifics but me and my dad dont get on and wont let me take the car to the new property until its in my name, am i right in thinking I can apply for it at the rental property then change the address afterwards because otherwise i wont be on the electoral roll etc at the new address?
                      Sorry, your dad has no control to dictate this - when you say transfer it into your name, what specifically are you on about transferring cos you cannot transfer the credit agreement - so if it's the V5C you're referring do it now, no need to wait!

Please elaborate - however the sooner you find a house the better.

Comment

It is the credit agreement I am on about which can be transferred I applied before last year but was turned down probably due to defaults, He can dictate this as the agreement is in his name, we have found a house offer accepted etc hence the mortgage offer from halifax all the docs are now with the solictors so just waiting on them, so the car is the final piece in the jigsaw as such

Comment

It is the credit agreement I am on about which can be transferred I applied before last year but was turned down probably due to defaults, He can dictate this as the agreement is in his name, we have found a house offer accepted etc hence the mortgage offer from halifax all the docs are now with the solictors so just waiting on them, so the car is the final piece in the jigsaw as such
                          Credit agreements can't be transferred (assigned by the borrower to another borrower, only by the creditor to a debt purchaser etc). You would have to take out a new credit agreement for the car. Your Dad will probably not want to sabotage his current credit agreement in his name because this would trash his own credit score.

Any chance you and your Dad can you sort this out amicably ?

Comment

Ive already tried the amicable route as I am already paying him monthly for it and he is insitent that the finance agreement is transferred to my name, and thats the only option he will take so the simple answer to that is no, I have applied to GMAC before so basically when I did that I was applying for a new credit agreement for the remaining amount in my name?

Comment

If you didn't get the finance agreed before, its unlikely you will now at this present time. Maybe after a few months of mortgage payments when your risk becomes less they may accept you. But whatever way you want us to put it to you, the fact remains, the current credit agreement will not be transferable. Yes you can pay it on his behalf, but no, the finance will not be registered in your name.

If your dad doesn't like this, ask him to telephone and ask himself. To be honest, if you are already paying the finance then its a bit unfair for him to dictate to you, whether you can have the car or not. Would he expect you to still meet the payments even if he didn't let you have the car?
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X