GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script First Time Buyers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Time Buyers

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
    Its just purely the fact he keeps telling me he wants the car payments to be in my name, so im just doing as he says and it makes my life easier as I dont have to answer to him any longer

Comment

haha this is true but since kicking me out the only thing he has cared about is the car so just want to keep him happy

Comment

Yeah ill explain that too them, is it worth a covering letter with the app?
        no they'll record the call. You'll be fine mate.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

but since kicking me out the only thing he has cared about is the car
          So that's what this is all about.

You and I both know this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with car finance and everything to do with father/son stuff and control issues.

Do what my daughter does best which is 'fake it'. Do whatever it takes to keep him happy.

Comment

Yeah thats why I want to get it sorted so there will be no father son issues then so wanted to clarify the right chain of events, I seem to remember my aunty copying the papework from the last app, so ill ask for the copies and let you guys know what it entails etc

Comment

Hope you manage to sort this out. moving eh - stressful times!
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ive been in touch with the solicitor today and from the sounds of it the 2 week window I would have had for the car is rapidly dissapearing so dont suppose anyone has any advice for the chain of events of the mortgage and getting the car to my name?

Comment

As per my email sod the car (for the last time)!! Get the mortgage. Deal with the car afterwards.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Or call GMAC and sort the car. It's your decision. You'd think the house mattered more but for some odd reason this bloody car does

Comment

The house does matter more haha, its just the case of the earache id be getting from my dad if anything were to not work with the car would be unbelievable I just thought if I could time the app while im still here all my credit history will help back it up?

Comment

Unless you desperately need the car for say getting to and from work, the very best thing you can do is leave it till after you have moved in, tell your dad that you will sort the car once your settled.

I know I've asked before if your repayments for the car to your dad are up to date, but just a thought, are you completely sure he's made the payments on time to the finance company ?

It could be something like this that is stressing him out, and if he's got other debts and he's a homeowner he may be considering or indeed trying to get a loan on the house to consolidate all his payments, so seriously sit back and try to think how your dad is feeling too, many of us parents/step parents put ourselves in financial mire to help our kids out and then the kids see a loan as a gift and don't bother paying it back, I'm not saying that's you, but it could be how your dad feels.

Comment

I have sat back and thought of him believe me but our relationship has been fractorous since mum passing away, being kicked out of home etc, so he is the one constantly pushing for the car to be change so im only trying to do it to help him, but he has said all along he would not be happy for me to take the car out of the area whilst its in his name, so i dread to think how he'd react if i told him i had a mortgage before dealing with the car.

I dont mind waiting to do it but I dont want it to effect to effect him plus I dont know how it would look on the credit report with the mortgage etc for the finance company

Comment

Sounds to me like he's still grieving, so lets not bother him any further. Ok, so what you do now is, tell him your moving and that once your in you will change the car details over, do not tell him about the mortgage if you don't want to.

Can you survive without the car for a couple of weeks ?

Comment

he isnt grieving him and mum had been seperate years before but anyway more to the point I have the car but im worried that when I do apply the lack of credit history at the new address will affect it?

Comment

Ahhhhhh now you are explaining yourself more fully, you are worried the lack of credit history at that address ? or have you personally got a lack of credit history ?

I'm not au fait with this part of things, but of course I will stick around and support you, I'm sure that someone with more knowledge on credit history will pop along soon and put us both right.

Comment

Working...
                                X