GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script VT of Car with Welcome - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VT of Car with Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT of Car with Welcome

Afternoon all..
    I am looking at VT of Car with Welcome thank god nearly got to half payment as per my agreement with my next payment end of Feb.
    I have my letter already my question is what needs to be in place before I VT.
    Currently I am not running the car as it is on SORN on my driveway.
    and has been since October last year
    It currently needs :
    Tax
    Mot
    Service
    A new battery

So having read other forums I need to tax and Mot car , and obviously need to get battery fitted.

Do I need a full service history ? It has had a service each year (not main dealer) the last one around March 2011.
    There is also arrears of £120 so these need to be paid although I have a number of charges to claim back which could wipe these out.

Is the above correct ?

Cheers - JJ

Re: VT of Car with Welcome

Hi JJ

Could you post up the letter you are going to use (obviously removing personal details). The wording of VT needs to be correct, otherwise you may find Welcome trying to con you into into a voluntary surrender which is not the same thing.

Everything you have mentioned is correct with the exception of one thing - the service history with a main dealer.

All that is required for you to show is that you have taken good care of the vehicle, and if you have had it serviced regularly according to the manufacturers guidelines it shouldn't make any difference whether this is a main dealer or not.

Be VERY careful when you hand the car back, it would be worth giving the car a really good clean. Make sure you take photographs of every panel and many photographs of interior.

Do not allow the person collecting the car to fob you off and say they will deal with the paperwork 'later'. Make sure that any marks are recorded and that condition of the car is signed for and you get a copy of this.

Welcome may try to sting on any loss they make when the car goes to auction. Theoretically they shouldn't do this but you know what these companies are like..............

Got rid of my car on VT last October, one of the best things I have done, its great not to have a big car finance payment hanging on my neck.

Good luck

SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Why do you want to give those buggers any more than is absolutely necessary?

I wouldn't - indeed, I might even be tempted to break an egg or two into the petrol tank.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Why do you want to give those buggers any more than is absolutely necessary?

I wouldn't - indeed, I might even be tempted to break an egg or two into the petrol tank.

Just an update on this ( I know it's many months ago ) .. I finally got to the halfway point as of June 2012 , have sent letters to both local office and head office, local branch manager asked why I wanted to VT , told him it was my right under CCA ..soon shut him up...anyway £120 of arrears to settle and according to the recovery dept £124 of liability against the car which I have asked a breakdown of considering I have no insurances or anything against the vehicle when I first got the finance.
        Awaiting letter and also a call on the 25th July to arrange pickup..
        I shall post further for forum members to observe in case anybody else is in a similar postition...
        At the moment the car is fullly serviced , with MOT and a stamped service book only thing missing is tax..will take photo's of inside and out before those buggers get their hands on it and I have a mysterious bill for mysterious damage ....cant wait to offload Welcome...

Comment

Well in case anybody else is in a similar position here is an update.
          Paid off £120 arrears at local branch of Welcome had a run in with local branch manager who claimed I owed £270 when I asked for a breakdown of those figures he came back and just said £120 outstanding so beware !
          Had two letters from a recovery company ( Anglia ) who are asking to pick up the vehicle which will be done tomorrow 08-08-2012..I dont need to be present as it is currently at a garge while I got MOT done..although I intend to photograph every single part of the vehicle inside and out and also the stamped service history/Mot as well before it is picked up.
          I cant believe that finally got rid of Welcome without them putting up any fight.
          Oh I also ensured my credit file would be updated at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by jj69 View Post
            Well in case anybody else is in a similar position here is an update.
            Paid off £120 arrears at local branch of Welcome had a run in with local branch manager who claimed I owed £270 when I asked for a breakdown of those figures he came back and just said £120 outstanding so beware !
            Had two letters from a recovery company ( Anglia ) who are asking to pick up the vehicle which will be done tomorrow 08-08-2012..I dont need to be present as it is currently at a garge while I got MOT done..although I intend to photograph every single part of the vehicle inside and out and also the stamped service history/Mot as well before it is picked up.
            I cant believe that finally got rid of Welcome without them putting up any fight.
            Oh I also ensured my credit file would be updated at the same time.
            Well done on sorting this out, doesn't surprise me they tried to fleece you out of another few quid.

Absolutely make sure you take pictures in case some damage is done by the recovery agent.

Make sure when its sold that they don't try to fob you off if they get less than they wanted for it at auction. Agreement is now terminated, they should not be hounding you for any more money.

Best
            SnV
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done jj69
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

HI
                Yes i did one of these a couple of years ago. it's a common misconception that you have to have paid one half of the total contract price, you don't.

The balance of one half is due on return of the vehicle, but that is not the same thing.
                I returned mine and told them they would have to wait for the balance, they didn't like it but i just left the car with them.
                I too took lots of pictures, the car was immaculate, a BMW 3 series.It was costing me a fortune in service charges, just couldn't afford it.
                Usual story the salesman talked me into a deal that i was never going to be able to pay, so i had absolutely no conscience about returning it.
                The dealer was extremely obnoxious when i returned the car and i paid the balance a couple of weeks later.
                Just after that i received a bill for repairs to the body work for £1500.

I returned the invoice together with copies of pictures i had taken of the vehicle i had taken on their forecourt, we had the usual exchange of letters for a couple of weeks then i received the, " on this occasion and as a gesture of goodwill" letter.

So be aware they will try it on.
                GT
                Last edited by gravytrain; 7 August 2012, 15:50.

Comment

Well thanks for the positive words !!
                  Car picked up and V5 filled in accordingly...so a huge weight off my mind now...
                  The MOT had a few advisories but all the same it passed so they can go swing if they try and add on these extra's.
                  I need to get a conformation letter from Welcome about the account being paid up and closed also need to keep an eye on my credit file...
                  Experience in the past tells me Welcome are not to be trusted at all !!

Comment

I have just checked my credit file through Experian and I see that they have entered a default marker in July 2009, barstewards.

This explains a lot in regards to refused credit etc. I will be pursuing them for this.

Need to gather some info.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                      I have just checked my credit file through Experian and I see that they have entered a default marker in July 2009, barstewards.

This explains a lot in regards to refused credit etc. I will be pursuing them for this.

Need to gather some info.
                      Good point I have not checked mine recently I insisted Welcome mark file as completed and zero balance although they have sent me a letter confirming this they may have been vindictive enough to stick it on my credit files.

Comment

The thing is that i took a personal loan out in 2009 and had to pay 29.9%

I presumed that this was because of my wife's credit record, after looking around i see that my ms record has nothing to do with it.

So this has cost me a serious amount of money over the years.

Comment

Working...
                        X