GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script kwik fit home insurance k**bheads - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kwik fit home insurance k**bheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwik fit home insurance k**bheads

Hi everyone,
    I am having a bit of trouble with kwik fit home insurance, they have been my insurers now since last year,(full year) and then again this year, but I recently got a letter from them saying that they never collected the monthly premium from my account since Jan 2011, so theres 6 months owing, they rang my wife the other day and said they want ALL the money due to that date, which again is fair, but as I work away alot my wife told them that we could pay in 3 or 4 installments and she seemed ok, so I emailed them this morning:

Hello Ms Lynch
    I further to your recent letter dated 14/07/11 and the conversation with my wife last week, I have checked my account and I can see that although the direct debit was active, no money has been taken out since the 24th January 2011, to bring this up to date the outstanding amount is somewhere to the tune of £xxx.xx, I will of course bring this up to date but I will have to do this in a minimum of 4 instalments paid over a short period of time, as I myself am waiting for invoices to be paid, but I suggest you still collect August's monthly premium payment as usual, I can't really see you having a problem with this as you have already said to my wife the mistake was from your end as you have been having "problems with the banks".
    I am working away till 19th August and then we are on holiday for 10 days from the following Saturday, (20th), so please direct any correspondence via email and I will answer any queries you may have.
    Kind Regards

And this was their reply:

Dear Mr B
    I am writing to you with regards to the email you sent on 2nd August 2011 with regards to the outstanding balance on your Kwik Fit Home Insurance policy. This policy has now been cancelled by default on 1st August 2011 and there is now an outstanding balance of £xxx.xx
    This outstanding balance will be passed to an external collections company after 14 days and any outstanding balance can be set up on a payment plan with them or paid in full to ourselves.
    If you have any further queries please email back or call us on 0800 027 6646.
    Kind Regards
    Customer Care Team
    Kwik Fit Home Insurance
    surely I have some rights regarding this, as they never collected on an active direct debit because of their problems with the banks at their end, have they broke the direct debit guarentee in anyway, btw I intend to pay it but not under those terms, its their mistake, I never noticed till I checked my accounts that they haven't been taking the monthly out,
    cheers everyone for any help forwarded
    Dave
    Last edited by DAVEB71; 2 August 2011, 15:30.

Re: kwik fit home insurance k**bheads

I'm not all that knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of thing but could you complain to FOS as it is Kwik Fit who have failed to take the payments.

Niddy has had his own problems regarding an active Direct Debit which wasn't collected. Have a read here
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As you've not claimed, just change insurers and it'll not matter.

As it's already passed, you can get a new deal now and not pay it as with insurance it auto lapses after 30 days - bet they never told you this did they? Technically if you needed to claim they'd reject it due to the lapse.

Moral here - do not pay; change insurers.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Regards their threat, this will be due to them saying you agreed to credit account at start (monthly payments) however if you check their own terms it'll confirm your policy will lapse after XX days (usually 30)...

Point is if their terms say it'd have lapsed then you can only owe that one payment can't you? Not 8 payments....

It's up to you, but the way they're talking to you - I'd tell em to fook orf
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers guys,
          I thought they'd dropped a bollock somewhere as what they said, just didn't sound right, at the moment they are ignoring my emails, so I shall continue to bombard them somemore-(I'm starting to enjoy this!!)

Thanks again guys

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEB71 View Post
            Cheers guys,
            I thought they'd dropped a bollock somewhere as what they said, just didn't sound right, at the moment they are ignoring my emails, so I shall continue to bombard them somemore-(I'm starting to enjoy this!!)

Thanks again guys

Dave
            I like your attitude!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

original emails:

Hello Ms Lynch
              I further to your recent letter dated 14/07/11 and the conversation with my wife last week, I have checked my account and I can see that although the direct debit was active, no money has been taken out since the 24th January 2011, to bring this up to date the outstanding amount is somewhere to the tune of £xxx.xx, I will of course bring this up to date but I will have to do this in a minimum of 4 instalments paid over a short period of time, as I myself am waiting for invoices to be paid, but I suggest you still collect August's monthly premium payment as usual, I can't really see you having a problem with this as you have already said to my wife the mistake was from your end as you have been having "problems with the banks".
              I am working away till 19th August and then we are on holiday for 10 days from the following Saturday, (20th), so please direct any correspondence via email and I will answer any queries you may have.
              Kind Regards

And this was their reply:

Dear Mr B
              I am writing to you with regards to the email you sent on 2nd August 2011 with regards to the outstanding balance on your Kwik Fit Home Insurance policy. This policy has now been cancelled by default on 1st August 2011 and there is now an outstanding balance of £xxx.xx
              This outstanding balance will be passed to an external collections company after 14 days and any outstanding balance can be set up on a payment plan with them or paid in full to ourselves.
              If you have any further queries please email back or call us on 0800 027 6646.
              Kind Regards
              Customer Care Team
              Kwik Fit Home Insurance

Hi everyone, can't believe it just got this email response from kwik fit 5 minutes ago!!!

Dear Mr B

Thank you for your email regarding your household insurance policy. I am sorry you had reason to complain about us.

I tried to contact you today. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful.

When your policy renewed our link with your bank was deactivated. After renewal we should have re-connected this link and continued to take your payment. However, this process was not followed correctly and although cover continued we did not apply to your bank for payment. I apologise for this.

I can confirm that I have removed the outstanding balance in full and no money is owed.

Once again I apologise for any upset this matter may have caused. This was not our intention. I will contact you on Monday to confirm this.

If you would like to speak to me I can be contacted Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on 0800 027 9655 or alternatively by return email.

Yours sincerely

Isobel Willis
              Customer Relations

I'd call that a win wouldn't you! thanks guys for all your imput

Dave
              Last edited by DAVEB71; 5 August 2011, 17:02.

Comment

Result

Comment

Cheers mate, bit by bit eh!

Comment

Well done Dave
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I left out the most important bit, this is the email I sent to the complaints dept after no joy with customer care team, the one that prompted the above response:

Dear Customer Care Team,
                      what your saying is absolute rubbish, once you have renewed a policy, it is up to Kwik fit to collect the payment. Under FSA rules Insurers or intermediaries have to have reliable systems in place, plus accounting standards at a certain level, infact, It is common practice that Insurers do have to write off a portion of the premiums, due to their failure to collect in circumstances such as this, this was because a consumer cannot be expected to find a large lump sum on request to make a payment which is totally different to the arrangement entered into. When a consumer opts to pay monthly they are doing so because they wish to spread the premium. As a result of this complaint, I would expect Kwik Fit to either write the amount off, or agree to my original terms. If you don't, I will be passing my complaint to the FOS.

Regards

Dave B

I hope this info can be helpful for anyone in a similar situation
                      Last edited by DAVEB71; 6 August 2011, 01:11.

Comment

tbf that one above does make the difference.

hoping that a similar worded letter to lloyds has hit home a bit.
                        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEB71 View Post
                          I am having a bit of trouble with kwik fit home insurance,
                          As one might not trust Kwik Fart to replace a motor car exhaust system without making a mess of it, so one would be baffled why they should be considered a reliable provider or reseller of home insurance.

Comment

Money my friend, money (cheap n cheerful)....

Comment

Working...
                            X