GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds increasing my interest rate!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds increasing my interest rate!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds increasing my interest rate!!

Hi, I got a letter today that to be honest, is a bit of a surprise. Lloyds are informing me that they will be increasing my CC interest rate by another 5%. They say "Credit reference agencies have told us that your financial status has changed. So we reviewed your recent credit history, and how you've managed other products you may have with us, including any loans. As a result of this, we have increased your standard interest rate".
    Now, I do have a loan with them and I have just claimed back over £3000 for being mis-sold PPI. I wonder if that is what they have reviewed!!
    My financial circumstances have changed, I have a better paying job. I had issues at the start of last year when I had my motorbike accident, but I coped well enough and never went into my overdraft!
    As for credit reference agencies, I am registered with Experian and they send me both text and email alerts to let me know if there are any changes to my status. The last time I looked, my credit score had just gone back to Excellent after years of being rubbish.
    So, I think this is linked to me claiming back the PPI premiums and they can poke the increase up their arses. I shall be writing to them telling them exactly this!
    Cheeky f*ckers!!!

Mick

Re: Lloyds increasing my interest rate!!

I posted earlier regards rate jacking and refusal. It would mean closing the account to repay at existing rate.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

See here---> why is regulation so bad? - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To add on to Niddys post above - the letter (more often than not) is a generic one and pretty much bullshit. They just want more money, usually nothing to do with credit file information.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X