GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vanquish wont listen. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanquish wont listen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanquish wont listen.

Hey eveyone.

Looking for some advice as so far nothing I have tried seems to of worked, or just seems to be ignored. I will explian my story from the start so at least it's clear as to why I'm in the situation.

Last October I was involved in a serious motorbike accident which put me out of work for a while, also being a hit and run I had to use my credit card to cover a lot of expenses. I have since been suffering a lot with what has been suspected to be PTSD, and again missed a lot of work due to that.

I know have returned to work full time but have a exceded my credit through my time off. Vanquish phone me about 6-7 times a day demanding money in the excess of £250 a week, which is more then my weekly salary, I have tried explaining the situation I have to them on the phone and in writting but nothing really happens.

I'm writting here after a friend told about the help he has got and hoping I could get the same. All I was wondering was is there something I can now try to get my point across to them, and what I need to do to stop the ammout of phone calls I get while at work and in the evenings.

Thanks for any help that can br given,

Alli

Re: Vanquish wont listen.

Hiya & welcome

You could send this to them--> Harassment by Telephone Template

Send it recorded delivery.

Is this your only debt?

Comment

I have another credit card with Barclays, but they have stopped the interest charges for now and I pay them what I can when I can, so have no probelms with them.

Comment

Originally posted by alli2106 View Post
        I have another credit card with Barclays, but they have stopped the interest charges for now and I pay them what I can when I can, so have no probelms with them.
        If you are able to make minimum payments on what you owe i wouldn't rock the boat right now.

Only if you have been defaulted would i say to go further.

Comment

How much do you owe Vanquis? More to the point what is your current limit and the current balance?

When did you last pay them...?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm 21, so the balance isn't massive, I have a £1300 limit, and I owe about £1600 the last time I checked, I havnt paid them anything for a while as try refuse to take anything below £250, and there is no way I can afford that.

My Barclay card has a £2300 limit, andi owe them as of my last payment £2350, how ever they are not charging me anything.

Comment

I'm 21, so the balance isn't massive, I have a £1300 limit, and I owe about £1600 the last time I checked, I havnt paid them anything for a while as try refuse to take anything below £250, and there is no way I can afford that.

My Barclay card has a £2300 limit, andi owe them as of my last payment £2350, how ever they are not charging me anything.
              Ok they cannot refuse to take payments, all you do is go to their site and pay something each month.

They are basically saying that as you're overlimit you need to pay the arrears to get it back into limit, ie the £250.

However if you just pay what you can afford directly online then there is little they can do, as for the phone hassle learn to ignore calls from with-held numbers or whatever number they call you from.

With Barclays pay them £50 asap to get it back in limit.

However with Vanquis pay whatever you can afford by either BACS or direct here: ---> https://www.payvanquis.co.uk/
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

what income do you have?

what outgoings do you have?

enter everything you can on here http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/calc...teofaffair.php
                and post the results and we can see if there is anything further that we can do to help
                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Ok I'll look to sort it online, with all the phone calls I havnt done that recently, and I'm not slowed to use my phone during work hours so have given up on answering anything that isn't saved in my phone book.

I have been paying £50 a week to barlcays for a while now, asit was a figure we both agreed with, and then said nothing would happen untill everything was ok again.

£50 A week to vanquish again is fine, but every time i suggested it to them they seemed to get rather angry over the phone, that's when i stopped answering to them.

Comment

£50 A week to vanquish again is fine, but every time i suggested it to them they seemed to get rather angry over the phone, that's when i stopped answering to them.
                    Under no circumstances unless Niddy (Never-in-Doubt) says to speak to them on the phone. All communications to be in writing!!

Trust in what he says & you''ll be fine.

Comment

Gotta love predictive text

Comment

Ok I'll look to sort it online, with all the phone calls I havnt done that recently, and I'm not slowed to use my phone during work hours so have given up on answering anything that isn't saved in my phone book.

I have been paying £50 a week to barlcays for a while now, asit was a figure we both agreed with, and then said nothing would happen untill everything was ok again.

Are you weekly paid? To be paying £200 per month to both is perfectly acceptable - any court in the country would agree, so sod what they tell you - just use that link I sent and stop talking to them, just pay something each week and they cannot then take any action against you......

I'd also make sure you can afford £200 per month to Barclays, if not then drop this to one payment per month of £100 - they'll be happy at this, but obviously that's up to you if you can afford it.....

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                          what income do you have?

what outgoings do you have?

enter everything you can on here http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/calc...teofaffair.php
                          and post the results and we can see if there is anything further that we can do to help
                          Hiya

No need for this, this is more useful if considering a DMP

Comment

I am paid weekly yes, after tax on a basic 40 hour week I get about £250, being an apprentice its a good wage, but no sick pay is a killer.

The £50 a week to Barclays was just to bring the account back within my credit limit, which it will be as of Friday. Then I will go to the the minimum plus what I want to pay a month. They asked if I could afford it now back at work and I could.

I will start paying something back to Vanquish as of Friday as well, and see what happens from them I got a harsh letter from them the last time I made a payment saying it wasn't enough and they demanded more, I wrote saying it was all I could afford as that was my first week back at work.

Comment

I am paid weekly yes, after tax on a basic 40 hour week I get about £250, being an apprentice its a good wage, but no sick pay is a killer.

The £50 a week to Barclays was just to bring the account back within my credit limit, which it will be as of Friday. Then I will go to the the minimum plus what I want to pay a month. They asked if I could afford it now back at work and I could.

I will start paying something back to Vanquish as of Friday as well, and see what happens from them I got a harsh letter from them the last time I made a payment saying it wasn't enough and they demanded more, I wrote saying it was all I could afford as that was my first week back at work.
                              Hiya

Ok, well make a payment on Friday to Vanquis and if they call you, just hang up. If they write, then tell us what they've said and i'll do you a response - that will sort them out

best of luck, keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                              X