GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vanquis route to rebuild my credit rating. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanquis route to rebuild my credit rating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanquis route to rebuild my credit rating.

Hi All,

I have just decided to try and get a credit card from Vanquis today and succeeded They even phoned me within the hour and gave my a limit of £500.00 a lot easier than thought.

I still cannot understand why I cant get a Current acc with HBOS even though I've had a easycash account with them for years and having my wages going in to it every month (all I want is a Visa Debit Card).

Where would I go next with rebuilding my credit and what's the best way to run my Vanquis acc (as in using the card and paying it off).

Cheers ShedAnd
    You got to fight for your right to PARRRTIEEEE!!!

Re: Vanquis route to rebuild my credit rating.

Read this --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...b-Prime-Credit

Don't try and get upgraded with HBOS as they'll have CPD 99'd you (credit policy decline) - try a new bank, Barclays or Santander maybe.....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Why would they do that? CPD, is it because I have applied with them before.

When I rang them I ask the girl on the phone to do a soft search for me and she told me "we don't do soft searches" so I asked her to speak with her line manager and then she came back to say "you wont qualify" I asked her did her manager did a soft search for me?
      She told me "No but there is a note on my file saying I will be declined"
      It might stem back to just over a year ago when I told one of there staff over the phone to Fuckoff and he was a idiot.

She then told me I could go on CIFAS website and go to SARs section and fill it out to find out what information CRAs have on me, So I stopped her in her tracks and told her I will not waste my time with the CRAs and SAR HBOS for a small fee to find out what they have on me, I even told her what a SAR is and she seemed rather surprised, then I ended the phone call to stop me from insulting her...

Comment

read the thread linked to, it explains everything you're asking....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ShedAnd View Post
          Why would they do that? CPD, is it because I have applied with them before.
          Not necessarily, that just means high risk and/or a restriction to stop upgrades from non credit scoring products to scoring products. Usually this would occur if you were not a customer (never in debt) and went and opened a basic account and never actually got credit scored. You're best trying a different bank to be honest - CPD comes and goes after the third Tuesday of the month but always after 21st when they perform monthly feeds to CRA's.

When I rang them I ask the girl on the phone to do a soft search for me and she told me "we don't do soft searches" so I asked her to speak with her line manager and then she came back to say "you wont qualify" I asked her did her manager did a soft search for me?
          She told me "No but there is a note on my file saying I will be declined" It might stem back to just over a year ago when I told one of there staff over the phone to Fuckoff and he was a idiot.
          That note will be CPD - if you ring and ask if you have a credit policy decline or CPD99 on your account they will usually tell you - but you do, hence the refusal etc. They don't do soft searches per se, they use behavioural scores and that grants accpetance on products but you need to be scored in the first place.

She then told me I could go on CIFAS website and go to SARs section and fill it out to find out what information CRAs have on me, So I stopped her in her tracks and told her I will not waste my time with the CRAs and SAR HBOS for a small fee to find out what they have on me, I even told her what a SAR is and she seemed rather surprised, then I ended the phone call to stop me from insulting her...
          I'd save the tenner SAR fee (you have a CPD99 - guaranteed) and there won't be anything at CIFAS (so save a tenner there too) - CIFAS only really kicks in if you make application abnormalities which you've not.

Make better sense now

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Make better sense now
            Yeah Cheers Nid

Comment

Working...
            X