GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bit naughty opened a LTSB account but no cheque book! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit naughty opened a LTSB account but no cheque book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit naughty opened a LTSB account but no cheque book!

Hi again, since closing down the Bank of Scotland account thought try for a LTSB current account, got a branch on my doorstep!
    Anyway, accepted for their current account - Silver account, offline card. Waited 2 weeks and guess what no cheque book
    Went into the branch, got a rather curt cashier (no adviser's available) anyway,he said oh a cheque book has been sent out, should be with you soon.
    Mmm I think, anyway rang their phone bank and they apologize for this rather curt cashier, they could not explain why no cheque book sent.

Next afternoon had an answerphone message from an adviser to ring them in branch. I rang this morning and he said 'sorry at this time you can't have a cheque book. Asked me did I have any adverse on CRA files, I said absolutely nothing at all.
    On the application it did ask me how many non-LTSB accounts held so had to tick the box 3 other bank accounts held.

I said to him, because the cheque guarantee system has disappeared where was the risk? Finally he said leave it a few month's as it changes frequently the status. I know the CRA's send them updates, but as mentioned my files are very clean!

I've read so much on the dreaded CPD marker, but why give me an offline card, why not offer their basic account?
    Any thoughts on this please, or is there a lot more to it then I think. Can opening a new account actually give you a CPD marker thing

I still have my Halifax account open, wonder if that is anything to do with it? Are they an odd bank? LOL

Re: Bit naughty opened a LTSB account but no cheque book!

Hiya

I did get my second HBOS chq book by the way, I wrote and they replied with a cheque book about 8 days later

Lloyds are worlds apart from hbos - mad to swap to them - mad!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hiya

I did get my second HBOS chq book by the way, I wrote and they replied with a cheque book about 8 days later

Lloyds are worlds apart from hbos - mad to swap to them - mad!
      Hi Niddy, have you any ideas how their systems work? Regarding HBOS are their systems now like LTSB? Still got my options open with Halifax. These CDP never heard anything like that.
      Glad you got a cheque book through, oh and the account with BOS wouldn't send me a cheque book? Yet I could have upgraded to a Gold account! Don't understand, but curious at the same time.

Comment

Have you written to bos and had a letter back saying no...?

Recently?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have you written to bos and had a letter back saying no...?

Recently?
          I had to write in to close my account and explained why and the reply was that 'at this time we are unable to issue a cheque book on this account' So just closed it, so thought LTSB have the Silver account although £2 dearer, applied and got accepted.
          But similar again like BOS no cheque book arrived, it is definitely a full current not their basic. So a bit intrigued if I cn have an off line debit card why not a cheque book.

Comment

Hmmm strange. I thought i'd get knocked back but it just came.

Weird.

The CPD marker would restrict chq books and all other lending but not necessarily the debit card. It's strange - they're still harder to get credit from than HBOS. I'd have stuck with them. As I say I'm only (july to now) 9 months in and have 2 chq books; 3 full accounts and £3500 in overdrafts yet I've got 5 defaults showing - 3 from HSBC in the last 6 months

Credit scoring makes no sense thus you can NEVER compare as no two people are the same.

Comment

Yes agree no understanding with credit scoring, so have HBOS kept to their own scoring system and not LTSB's system of doing it.
              It's the first bank where I've never been sent a cheque book.
              The log in with LTSB is almost identical to say Halifax, BOS.

Comment

HBOS adopted the Lloyds systems pretty much but their credit scoring model is still easier than Lloyds and although HBOS do now use CPD marker they aren't as keen to load one. Lloyds have been known to load one if a monthly feed shows a default/late payment. Totally random tbh

I'd stick with HBOS. Trust me for once

Comment

HBOS adopted the Lloyds systems pretty much but their credit scoring model is still easier than Lloyds and although HBOS do now use CPD marker they aren't as keen to load one. Lloyds have been known to load one if a monthly feed shows a default/late payment. Totally random tbh

I'd stick with HBOS. Trust me for once
                  I really do trust what you say you definitely know your stuff, didn't know half the stuff banks look at until reading your posts on here and the previous place you posted on.
                  The bloke who phoned me said the situation with accounts changes.
                  Also not working full time might be a problem as well.

Comment

PS: What is the risk to them issuing a check book if the cheque guarantee system has finished?

Comment

i had similiar problem with lloyds not issuing a cheque book, when asked, they said they needed to see some account activity for a few months before they would send one out?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        i had similiar problem with lloyds not issuing a cheque book, when asked, they said they needed to see some account activity for a few months before they would send one out?
                        Thanks SXGuy - did you get a cheque book eventually? Without the cheque guarantee service there can't be that much of a risk, if you have zilch in your account they would just bounce the cheque

Comment

Originally posted by Bosieb View Post
                          Thanks SXGuy - did you get a cheque book eventually? Without the cheque guarantee service there can't be that much of a risk, if you have zilch in your account they would just bounce the cheque
                          There is still risk associated with cheques as you can use them for PDL's and all sorts, it's just the banks way of adding a scoring model to things.

Comment

No never got one in the end, closed the account, only opened it because they made it appear as though id get one, then gave me that toss after, so i thought sod em!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              No never got one in the end, closed the account, only opened it because they made it appear as though id get one, then gave me that toss after, so i thought sod em!
                              They're definitely different! I have had a few bank accounts and it is the first time no cheque book allowed
                              Thanks for letting me know the outcome.....

Comment

Working...
                              X