GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Well it is for some, between shifting Dog Doo for Lady H, Emergency hanging of Paintings on the Cottage wall (before guests arrive) and Hospital Visits today feel pretty much like any other. Only difference Handy had his first beer an hour sooner than normal (hic)

So all in all it's not been bad. Will be back later with another story for you all, Hopefully!
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

enjoy your beer Handy
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        enjoy your beer Handy
        Thanks I2D I am, just hope I remember to get rid of all the empties before i bring Mrs Handy home tomorrow. I wouldn't like a kick from that pot she has on her leg.

Last week she bought a new frying pan from a well known discount supermarket. (littles) When we got to the till I told the girl don't let her buy it for it's too heavy. She said can't she lift it up. I replied no it will hurt too much when she hits me with it!

I had to duck as I was running out of the shop with the trolley.
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Glorious Sunset tonight. Off to walk the dogs now.

Comment

That looks lovely Handy - Our sun hasn't set yet
            Made by God...Improved by the Devil
            Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Good Evening All. Stepson Trapfly has gone on his travels again. So relieved we even asked if he needed some traveling money.
              Sod that mate
              get him a map and cut out where you live
              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all, this afternoon Lady Hooray said have you seen my letter in this weeks Hooray Houses (a well known upper middle class weekly)

I told them how to keep deer off of the bally roses and they have published it. I'm waiting for them to send me a bottle of Bollinger for my letter.

It wasn't her idea and me and my dogs do all the work, if there is a bottle of Fizz on offer I recon I should get it, after all I have to take the pizz water to the roses.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Glorious Sunset tonight. Off to walk the dogs now.
                  I love that picture Handy and it was a lovely evening here as well to walk the doglees xx
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                    That looks lovely Handy - Our sun hasn't set yet
                    Hi Angelic, Hi all. Yes I miss the summers up North, I dont miss the Highland Midges though. When we were in the Great Glen, I was always out till 10:30 or later mowing. Then for a few weeks in Mid Summer it only ever got dark for a few hours. It was light @ 3:30 - 4:00AM. Trouble is in Winter it hardly ever seemed to get light. Mind you we were boxed in by the hills, and that held the light back for a while.

Regards all,

Comment

Yeah the wee flying f00kers are are a right pain!

Bet you don't miss the snow either!!

Comment

Yeah the wee flying f00kers are are a right pain!

Bet you don't miss the snow either!!
                        I do as it happens I have had many adventure with the snow.
                        Maggot and me rescued a couple of lost Marines in the Lairig Ghru once. Another time I was the first to get into Glen Clova for 3 days in my old Land Rover. Being Darn Sarf for the last few years had turned me into a Sofern Softie. Well that and the smoking and Scrumpy plays havoc with the circulation.

Mind you there is Snow and there's Scottish Snow. That's why there is Snow Gates either side of the Drumochter pass. Now that's a subject for another Handy story sometime.

Comment

Handy how could you possibly miss the snow?!

We had snow for months last winter, it was awful!!
                          Last edited by Angelic; 4 July 2011, 02:19.

Comment

We had snow for months last winter, it was awful!!
                            It was good wasn't it? I kept telling Lady Hooray that under
                            1 foot of Snow every ones Garden looks as good as each other.
                            You cant mow the grass when it snows.

Comment

The only advantage with snow is it makes everywhere look brighter on dark winter days.

Apart from that snow is a pain in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                                The only advantage with snow is it makes everywhere look brighter on dark winter days.

Apart from that snow is a pain in the butt.
                                Only when you slip on the Ice

Like I said I'm a Sofern Softy these days, in winter while the locals are walking about in shorts and vests (even our postie was still in shorts at Christmas last year), Handy has his thermals and ski mask on.

I do sympathise with angelic, up in her neck of the woods you can still see snow in August. Great if you want to go round with planks of wood on your feet. Mind you they used to do that down in the fens, but that was to stop them sinking into the mud

Regards all, time to phone and see what time Mrs Handy is going to be released

Comment

Working...
                                X