GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Glad to have you back Handy!! Sorry hol not as planned - you should name & shame so no-one on here ends up there. At least you got an overdue rest & I'm sure you got lots of pleasure watching the little ones having fun!

Have a good weekend FAW
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
    Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Hi all, I will have to put on hold my holiday stories for a while. Last week Mrs Handy's ankle began to swell and get painful. Now nothing unusual in aches and pains as she has had more spare parts fitted than the 5 million dollar woman. But today the swelling was so bad she decided to go to our local Emergency room to be checked. That was at 10am. She was referred to the county hospital for tests and X rays. The Junior Doctor who saw her (Oesteo) called a consultant who took a sample of fluid without an anesthetic (ouch - she could walk up the walls using her bum cheeks). She was then told that she would have to go to a ward to wait for the results of blood tests and blood culture, as if she was kept in A&E for more than 4 hours the unit gets fined.

I will ad that the Junior made a right balls of fitting a canulla, Mrs Handy took over and sorted it herself (you cant keep an old nurse down)
      On the ward they looked blankly and told her that there was now chance of getting results back in the two hours the medic had promised and that an overnight stay was likely.

I shot back home to get some over night gear for her and to see to the dogs. When I got back to county hospital Mrs Handy was waiting for me having discharged herself, threatening Fire and Brimstone on who ever got in her way. They had taken her an evening meal which she will swear on oath had already been chewed at by someone else.

I told her I think she has gout and as I dodged a frying pan to the head she said were not rich enough to get gout.

So that's how Handy's spent 12 hours today on his last day off.

Problem is Mrs H's ankle is just the same as it was this morning, at least I can outrun her at the moment.

Regards all, Handy.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Oh gosh Handy hope Mrs Handy's ankle is better this morning, what a horrendous experience.

Sorry the holiday wasn't quite as expected (to say the least) - do name and shame so we don't go there! Sounds like the kiddiwinks had a whale of a time though.

Did Lady Hooray miss you then?
        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Oh Handy, you do go through it eh!! Hope Mrs H ankle gets sorted, you can't blame her not staying in over the weekend and being an ex nurse she knows you know!! Big hugs for you both
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi Handy, hope Mrs H a bit better - when will she get results?
            Hope you manage to dodge any more ufo's haha

Oh well time to go on a trek to the top of the wooden hill, I'll catch up tomorrow, nite FAW
            I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
            Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Good Evening All. It looks like the Head Gardener in the Sky had different ideas about me working today. About 1 this morning the storm hit, straight off the Channel. The rain has been heavy and the winds have flattened everything above knee height, including a 25 ft pine tree just outside Handy's cottage. The roar of the wind was so great I never even heard it come down.

Still on the plus side I will have a weeks worth of logs after I clear it up and I now have a clear view down the valley.

It looks like I will have my work cut out this week, playing catch up and clearing up after this blow.

The only thing more stormy than the weather was Mrs H's temper, her ankle is getting to her. I hope the doc can see her in the morning. After last week and now this I'm starting to get a little P'd off. If I have an ache or pain I get told to get over myself, If I pass comment on how she should stop running around after a grown up family I get told I don't understand, never having had any of my own and not to be so tight.

Hope you have all had a better day.

Regards, Handy.
              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Hi Handy
                My stainless steel sink has got a small puncture in it, have you any idea's on how to repair it
                Thanks I 2 D
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  Hi Handy
                  My stainless steel sink has got a small puncture in it, have you any idea's on how to repair it
                  Thanks I 2 D
                  Depends on where the hole is. If it's on the flat you could use the age old trick of a pan head screw, 2 flat and 2 rubber washers and a nut. You put a flat washer on say a 5mm stainless panhead screw,back it up with a rubber washer pass it through the hole (you may have to drill it a bit larger) then add the other rubber and steel washer then bolt it up tight. This should hold it OK.
                  The other things you could try is some of this epoxy putty that all the diy stores seem to sell these days. Follow the instructions and push a blob up from the underside.

If you have a friendly local engineering shop with TIG welding equipment. You could have the hole filled in with stailess steel. Carefully done this would be a permanent invisible repair.

Shame I don't have my own gear anymore I could have done it for you. If you can find someone decent they should do it for the cost of a few beers.

Regards, Handy.

Comment

Just catching up

sorry hols what not what is should have been! pah!

Hope Mrs H is feeling better

Hi Handy
                    Thanks I 2 D
                    Maybe we should start a thread - Ask a Handy Man?

hahahah

xx

Comment

Thanks Handy
                      It,s a big commercial one so would cost £100 s to replace, Will nip out to see about this epoxy putty
                      Thanks
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Handy
                        It,s a big commercial one so would cost £100 s to replace, Will nip out to see about this epoxy putty
                        Thanks
                        Sounds like it will be worth trying to get it welded up.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Sounds like it will be worth trying to get it welded up.
                          Sounds painfu!!l

Sorry couldn't resist
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi Handy
                            Thanks I 2 D
                            Little Dutch boy?

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Little Dutch boy?

hahahaha very funny!

Comment

Ok, little Swedish au-pair, then!

Comment

Working...
                                X