GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

The Bionic Woman - View Full Episodes Online, Episode Guide, Members Forum, Live Chat, Image Gallery, And More!

Featuring Mrs Handy!

Comment

Mate that's both of us in trouble if she ever sees this post.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well thanks If. Mrs Handy's leg is still in pot and will be for another 3 weeks. She has decided it will finally be a good thing if she goes in for the total knee replacement she put off last year. That's if they will still do it now because of the Oesteoporosis (I understand it even if I cant spell it ).

Your going to think I'm making this up, but she had a Hip replacement @ 15 years ago. Still going strong if a little creaky these days. I call her the Bionic Woman. (Don't know if you remember the old 70's series).

I keep telling her I will book her in at hte local Garage for an Oil change and an MOT. Its cheaper than Botox

(Ouch her aim with a Frying Pan is still as sharp as ever ).

I'm pleased you like my pictures. I did those about this time last year when I was learning to use Photoshop Elements. Shame I didn't keep working files. One day when I have more time I would really like to get proficient with Photoshop.

Regards for now, Handy.

Aww bless her xx

Remember it well.....Lindsay Wagner played her!!

Good for her, its only her leg that's got a pot on!!

Its a good idea re the Photoshop, think you would be good
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well she's done it again this evening, pushing the hoover about and changing beds. Now Mrs H's leg has started to swell in the pot and is hurting. All because DD and kids might? come down next week. I got into trouble for saying DD is so untidy and with 2 toddlers as long as the place is clean who cares. 2 minutes after they arrive it will look like a war zone.

She will never learn to take it easy, and then its yours truly left to take up the slack.

Lady Hooray made a comment about the chaps working over the road at the Fod-Scrotums. They finished at 1/2 past 4 she said and they don't seem to have done any work. Yes said I, next time you think I haven't done much, consider If you employed one of them.

She went off with a face that looked like a Bulldog licking Pish of a Thistle.

Regards all. Handy.
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Well she's done it again this evening, pushing the hoover about and changing beds. Now Mrs H's leg has started to swell in the pot and is hurting.
            When she's asleep, tie or tape (duct tape or parcel tape) her legs together.

That should keep her fairly inactive without needing to handcuff her to the bed.

Comment

Hi Handy

just playing catch up!

Like If I think your photos are FAB!!

xx

Comment

Well she's done it again this evening, pushing the hoover about and changing beds. Now Mrs H's leg has started to swell in the pot and is hurting. All because DD and kids might? come down next week. I got into trouble for saying DD is so untidy and with 2 toddlers as long as the place is clean who cares. 2 minutes after they arrive it will look like a war zone.

She will never learn to take it easy, and then its yours truly left to take up the slack.

Lady Hooray made a comment about the chaps working over the road at the Fod-Scrotums. They finished at 1/2 past 4 she said and they don't seem to have done any work. Yes said I, next time you think I haven't done much, consider If you employed one of them.

She went off with a face that looked like a Bulldog licking Pish of a Thistle.

Regards all. Handy.
                "A woman's work is never done"

Comment

(I'll get my coat [again], shall I??)

Comment

Oh dear Mrs Handy's a right monkey eh!!

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  When she's asleep, tie or tape (duct tape or parcel tape) her legs together.

That should keep her fairly inactive without needing to handcuff her to the bed.
                  A good idea!!

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  "A woman's work is never done"

Comment

(I'll get my coat [again], shall I??)

I'll get it for you!!
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Ahh The Bionic Woman...Happy Days.

Comment

Hi all, I wish I could tie Mrs Handy up no not like that.

I just wish she wouldn't push it so hard. Now Stepson Nick has asked to come down for a week or 2 ( This normally means clean up again and keep out of the way of his dealer). A week or 2 normally means a month or more and Handy taking him door to door on a 500 mile round journey.

Well this time he will have to get off his @rse and sort him self out otherwise it will be a very short visit.

Anyway I managed to get one of the Gable ends of the cottage painted today. Up and down the ladders all day and I'm knockered. Mind you now I have repaired all the cracked and flaking render it looks a lot better. The other side will be fun because there's a Tree and the Porch roof in the way.

When I'm working off the ladders I'm not scared of falling, just the sudden halt when you meet the ground at speed.

My little Border Cassie is heavily in season : Poor Flash the Black Lab is going out of his mind. Poor Booger he just doesn't know what to do with himself, and Cassie is a little Tart. I'm keeping them seperated, but if she gets into the same room as him she is such a flirt.

Good Job Flash is going into Kennels for a few days over the weekend, it may just give him time to calm down.

So not much to report on tonight.

Thanks for your comments today.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

Hi all. Handy will be away oop North for a couple of days.
                        I wish I didn't have to go as Mrs H isn't really up to it. She had to have a new cast on today, so I had to work until 10 tonight playing catch up to keep the boss happy for having the morning off.

The 2 Border Terriers had another fight this evening. I am really thinking hard about re-homing the young one. She won't fight any other dog, she's really submissive, but with Bonnie the old Border when a fight starts it gets very nasty. This time I was near a standpipe by the Tennis Court. While they were clamped on each other I picked them up and stuck them under the tap. They were nearly drowned by the time they released but it worked pretty fast.
                        At least this time I didn't get bit, and they haven't damaged one another more than bruises and a couple of small bites.

Like most fights between Females this one was over a fellow, or Rather Flash the Black Lab.

Just put it down to Hormones.

After the Weekend I will be getting ready for The Bridport Hat Fest. I missed it last year as I was Oop North. It's organised by a Chap I know who has a Gentlemans Hat Shop. He actually supplies a few Celebs, ZZ top, Madness. JK, Hank Wangford (who the Hell is He )

This is a picture of the Hat wearers that turned up last year.

I think I will go wearing my Pith Helmet, Monacle and Cravat. If you don't believe me ask Numpty about my taste in Waistcoats.

Regards all see you after the weekend. Handy
                        Last edited by Handyman; 28 July 2011, 22:25. Reason: Forgot to add a photo

Comment

Have a great weekend Handy!!
                          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                            Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                              Fingers Crossed. I am going to see my Mum (as well as other things)
                              I haven't seen her since March. Visits are either good or terrible.

I will be surprised if she knows me (she has the big A).
                              The time before last it was only a 10 minute visit as me and Mrs H were told to F right off. Last time she introduced my to all in the home as her Wee Lad, then I was my Dad and then her Brother.

So fingers crossed, it will also be the first big run for the new car Remember the one I had to put a new engine in (I'm still sorting out the dealer who sold Conned it me. So I have been on line tonight sorting Breakdown cover (just in case).

Now If Niddy is available for a Beer on Saturday it might not be so bad.

Regards, Handy.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 28 July 2011, 22:39. Reason: typo

Comment

The big A must be an awful illness to stand back and watch.
                                Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                                Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Working...
                                X