GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Handy I really think you need to sack your employer! She seems to be getting worse.

On the bright side, at least Mrs H is recovering. That's good news.
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry_Cupcake View Post
      Okay so is this Aberdeenshire or like Invernesshire Handy..

And where are you all planning on staying? I can get a bed anytime (near enough) in Inverness ....and also Aberdeen...

Hope you weren't drinking the anti freeze...it's not the best medicine to apply to self.... Or unless you mean some ancient brand of vodka that was made in the time of Noah LOL

SC
      Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
      Handy I really think you need to sack your employer! She seems to be getting worse.

On the bright side, at least Mrs H is recovering. That's good news.
      Hi all, Hi SC and MGS. It won't be a long post tonight as I am Jacobs Crackerd. I cut 1/2 a mile of the lane hedges today. Mainly cos it was my car getting scratched to bits by the Brambles. The council should cut the lane but our nieghbors the Fod Scrotums put up a sign last year declaring our lane a private road (trespassers will be buggered, shot or both). The sign is in the wrong place, but when you complain to the council now you get an interactive site, you choose the problem from a list of options, pick the location on google earth and mark it. Then send the completed form off to them as an email. Just to be ignored by the same jobsworth that ignored your telephone call last year

Anyway SC, it will probably be in October/November when I'm up your way. I am yet to discover where this years reunion will be. Fort Bill, Aviemore, Newtonmore? Maybe we can share a Drop of Cairngorm with Angelic. Not sure about the handcuffs though Ouch

Take it steady with the jogging. I wish I could still run I can move fast when I need to, but in 2001 I had all the cartilage in my left knee removed. It works fine now, but I can't run too far on it. Up to that point I used to do 2 x 3 miles a day. I could do 3 miles sub 18 minutes. (that was part of the Army Fitness test). As they used to pay me a tax free bonus of £750 for doing it that was incentive enough. I used to send the PT instructors mad, Me and Maggot used to start with a ciggy, stop at 1 1/2 miles for a beer and another ciggy at the end.

Last nights antifreeze was a bottle of Ginger Whiskey liqueur from Lady H's drinks cupboard, very moreish but not good for the heed.

MGS, Thanks Mrs Handy is not too bad, it's still hurting her, but sat around all day, I have to say her health is better than her humor. Only 2 explosions today. I'm trying to keep the house straight, did a couple of hours ironing last night, and some dusting and putting away this evening.

This afternoon Lady Hooray said, Handy I must tell you this story. At my arts luncheon today I was telling the girls what a star you have been this last couple of days. Sorting out the power cut, organising the repairs and getting everything working again. My friend Lucy the artist siad Oh Hillie ( well you must have guessed her name is Hillary, Hortence Hooray) your so lucky, I wish I had a Handy. The two faced old bisom. It's only last week she was telling he Daughter what an idle sod I was and wasn't worth my pay.

No excuses for her, but I have been here before with my Mum. Lady Hooray is showing signs and all her family have got Dementia at an early age. If I were her I would be asking the Doctor to get me on Arricept now.

Well that's my post for tonight. It has peed it down all evening, I am trying to get a wet on the inside as I am on the outside. Bed calls, lets see what tomorrow brings.

Regards to all, Handy.
      Last edited by Handyman; 6 July 2011, 21:57. Reason: typo's due to not reading wot I put
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Okay I have a new idea...

DON'T MENTION MY LEGS!!!!

Is beginning to seriously put me off going further than the lift ...hurts so much. Trying to keep to min co-codamol (can't take brufen due to gastritis) but it's hard...thinking i really shouldn't be on them now but have no choice...don't exactly want to go see the doc before Tuesday...seems pointless...I mean what are they going to do bar give me a tubigrip and tell me to take more painkillers..

However doc should be at kirk on Sabbath so might mention it then .....if I make it (last Sabbath I was in bed till 3pm l. Don't exactly want a rollocking for not going soon enough (I just practically live @ the docs so don't want to be there anymore) though today barely able to walk it's tempting...

Anyhow PG e-cig charger sorted.....whoop whoop whoop ..so yeah back puffing

Blessings...Lady H with D...rofl.....just what you need...a mistress looking like she has the intelligence of a dahlia...

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Maybe we can share a Drop of Cairngorm with Angelic.
          I certainly won't be sharing
          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
            I certainly won't be sharing
            Well said !

Quick update, We spent the evening in A&E again, Mrs Handy's leg has been giving her hell again. I thought it best to get it checked cos you can never tell what's happening under a cast. She won't use the bl**dy crutches and fell over the dog bed

So Midnight again and just settling down to read my mail.

Fingers crossed that it eases tomorrow.

Regards all, Handy.
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Bloody women eh? Can't live with them and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                Bloody women eh? Can't live with them and all that...
                As Bob Monkhouse once said "I'm a Lesbian, I must be? I love Women so Much".

Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining, these things just have to be done. Just that sometimes you think I must have killed a Robin to have luck like this. Anyway she managed to get a good night.

Better than I did, there was a gale blew in off the sea about 3am, then the terriers started to snore. (they always sleep on the bed).

It's going to be a Red Bull sort of day.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

Och no, you don't sound like you're complaining!

I've got 2 wee women of my own who are giving me a bit of hassle...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Well said !

Quick update, We spent the evening in A&E again, Mrs Handy's leg has been giving her hell again. I thought it best to get it checked cos you can never tell what's happening under a cast. She won't use the bl**dy crutches and fell over the dog bed

So Midnight again and just settling down to read my mail.

Fingers crossed that it eases tomorrow.

Regards all, Handy.

So how did she manage to fall over the dog bed? l:

Wondered why you emailed me so late tee hee

Yeah I was down the hosptial too .....well out of hours doc

£14 in taxi fares cos I couldn't walk...

Have diclofenac which is helping and been told to keep my legs elevated as much as possible LOL

Famouse last words...at least am more mobile this am...

SC

Comment

Handy hope Mrs H's leg is less painful today.

And as for Lady H... talk about two-faced! Hopefully she realises deep down that you and Mrs H would be impossible to replace? Next time she has a go at least you can refer to the conversation she had with her arty farty lot.
                      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Hi all, Mrs Handy has been a bit better today. It's Handy that Aches tonight.

One of my Jobs today (plenty to do indoors when it rains) was to get the Dust and Cobwebs off the beams in the library and sitting room. The Library involves pulling a vacuum cleaner up to the beams on a rope so the pipe will reach, then I climb onto the beams to get to the top.

Nice ceiling eh. I installed the lighting a few years back when we gave it a face lift.

Then It was the beams in the sitting room.

Then it was 4 hours dismantling the lift, working up the lift shaft on a ladder. I eventually found the faulty part.

Tonight my arms ache that much I can hardly lift them.

Still I thought some of you may like a craft peek inside the Hall.

Regards for now, Handy.

Comment

Just found my signature song

Hope you like it.

Comment

Thanks for giving us a peek athow the other half lives Handy
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                              Thanks for giving us a peek athow the other half lives Handy
                              The Drawing Room's like something out of an Agatha Christie Novel, It was the Handyman wot dun it!

It's a shame the room only gets used @ once a month, When it's used in winter the fire places (one at each end of the room) are lit. Handy has to take his boots off to bring in the logs over the white Indian Rugs.

Good fun doing work in there, Its like working in a minefield getting a pair of step ladders across the room without breaking something

Regards, Handy

Comment

LOL....I'm either paranoid or on red alert...Hmmm....

Facebook and me are not mixing right now....

At least legs are improving - ended up in A+E on Sabbath with them...Not only have I a dodgy ankle but sprained ligaments in my knee LOL...

So much for aerobics.....reckon I'll be lucky to get jogging soon

SC

Comment

Working...
                                X