GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Morning All, just popped in to say see you in a few days.
    If I can get a connection I will post you a picture of Handy's sand castle.
    Regards to all, Handy.
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Have a lovely, well deserved rest.

I wonder if your sandcastle will have a moat, garden (with gardener, of course!), trees complete with birds of prey etc, and perhaps a smallish outhouse converted for the handyman?
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Have a superb break handy....

Comment

Have a well deserved break Handy xxxx
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Enjoy your well deserved break Handy. xx

Comment

Have a good hol Handy, I expect to see no less than sand sculptures from you (your fault for raising the bar too high with your garden lol) Seriously, have a great time with the kiddies. FAW
              I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
              Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Hope you're having a good holiday Handy. I'm sure you deserve it!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just been catching up on your posts, Handy. Enjoy your hols and do post pics of the sandcastle. As others have said, you have raised our expectations so you won't get away with a simple turn-over-the-bucket job, we'll expect full motte and bailey
                  Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                  SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

We will be expecting something like this ...

Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

& don't forget the sticks of rock!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Bottles of vodka would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                          We will be expecting something like this ...

Wow that is a sandcastle - but you know i have a feelin Handy's will be jsut as good if NOT better

xx

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                            Bottles of vodka would be better.
                            Oooh now there's a thought Vodka rock

Comment

Hi all. sticks of rock all round. Sorry Swanny I couldn't get you Vodka Rock, good idea though. I recon I could have got through several sticks of it over the course of the week. I got a good rest (didn't enjoy it much) but at least it was a rest. The camp turned out to be on an old RAF station so I felt at home. I must say the beds in the RAF were better than the one the Handy's got.

The brochure showed kiddies playing on golden sands, what we got was a mile of rocks and some shingle. Needless to say the kiddlies buckets and spades never got used. I can only dream of giant sandcastles like the ones posted here by my mates.

We had to be moved from the Caravan to a Chalet because of the way the van was sited meant that you had to climb a 4 foot ladder to get in the door. With Mrs Handy's leg and two toddlers that was a recipe for disaster. The chalet wasn't too bad but had been cleaned by someone with a white stick. It took nearly an hour to complete the complaints form. Mrs H told the guest manager, before you offer us a replacement holiday stick it, does the words cold day in hell mean anything to you. And no we are not looking for money back, we just want to make certain that the folks following us have a better service than we did.

The Free Broadband turned out to be via the holiday companies own website, their security treats you as an employee, so personal email was blocked as was All About because the web advisor had never heard of us. THEY DO NOW!!!!.

I said I would have to hold my tong and I did, even though it nearly led to divorce. More on that to follow. All I will say for now is if my SIL was on fire I wouldn't pish on him even to put the flames out.

The Grand kids were the saviors, they enjoyed every minute of the holiday. They are natural comics. GD nearly 2 is a chatterbox. I nearly choked when she broke wind loudly, patted her behind and said I'm a Twamp
                              I don't know where she gets it from not the Handy side of the family.

Lady H seemed almost as pleased as the dogglies to see us home. No complaints yet so that has to be a good sign?

Anyway back to reality, on arriving back I got a call to say the new car was ready to collect along with a £500 bill for the work. Now I really go to work on my mate the car dealer.

So nothing different. Oh its good to be back.

Regards to all, Handy.
                              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Oh dear Handy......what a do eh!! But its lovely to have you back and we didn't half miss you

Comment

Working...
                                X