GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Handy, I hope Mrs H's leg gets sorted very quickly - it sounds incredibly painful.

I really don't know how you manage with those "children" (probably right word as they don't sound that grown up do they!!) - I don't think I'd be able to bite my tongue!
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
      Handy, I hope Mrs H's leg gets sorted very quickly - it sounds incredibly painful.

I really don't know how you manage with those "children" (probably right word as they don't sound that grown up do they!!) - I don't think I'd be able to bite my tongue!
      I get thery thort thunged, I mean I get very short tonged at times through biting it to keep quite. Why they are like the are defeats us both. Mrs Handy brought them up single handed and fought to give them as much as she could. Maybe that's where she went wrong. It could be genetic as their real dad although in his 70's now has a door step loans company (shark) only these days he gets tame heavies to do his work for him.

The Lads have never had one penny piece from him, it's always mum they run to.

Regards for now, Handy.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Awww Handy, bit hugs from me to you and Mrs H
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Right Folks, no more grousing about my Jeremy Kyle family. In fact if we were to try for the JK show we would get rejected as beyond redemption. By now your all probably as bored with hearing about them as I am in writing about them. I do find it good therapy though. Handy lives a solitary life out here in the sticks. I think I'm like a Laughing Hyena. Did you know the Hyena only comes down from the hills once a year to drink, every second year to eat and every third year to make love.

What he has to blinking Laugh about, only the Hyena knows.

I folowed Lady Hooray to our local garage last week to collect her when she left her car for a service. She said to Hubert our mechanic, I want to to take a look at my bumpers. Hubert looks at her chest and with a twinkle in his eye said would you like to rephrase that question.

This morning I asked her what she was doing for the day, I'm going to patinate my bust she said. Good job I realised it's the one she did of grandson Cromwell at her art class.

Talking of things of a mammary nature anyone see the girl with the triple z cup bust on this morning.

It reminded me of when I was about 5 and walking round the outdoor market with my dad. One stall was selling Braziers, I looked at this enormous pair (they were conical cups like Jane Mansfield used to wear, what was known as a Collie Bra - Rounds them up and points them in the right direction). I asked my Father, what are they Dad. He looked, thought for a minute and said Hosses Blinkers son, Hosses Blinkers.

We have had a Family of Fox Cubs move into Hooray Woods, They are the cutest little things ever. If I can get close enough with the camera, i will try to get a picture I can post here.

Well that's it for now, I only got soaked once today and feel I made a little headway in the garden.

Regards to all, (probably be moaning again tomorrow) Handy.
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

*patiently awaits update*
            Made by God...Improved by the Devil
            Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
              *patiently awaits update*
              Me too

Comment

Yup, come on Handy dearest, something must have happened in five days at the Hooray madhouse!
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Digging a large hole for Lady H perhaps?

Comment

I think he's just been seen leaving Glastonbury
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry Folks. It's been kind of manic. We have son Trapfly staying sponging with us at the moment. He is a prime example of what being stoned for 25 years does for you I have had to fight to get on the lappy. Thank goodness for a guest section. Added to this I have had interwobbly problems.

Mrs Handy is still hobbling about on one leg, Lady Hooray is being nice to me at the moment. That is scary, normally the calm before the storm. Trapfly is causing some complaints because he has parked his new age traveler van in the courtyard and has begun to rebuild it. I said it looks like the gypsies have moved in. Apart from plugging into our electric the first thing he unloaded was 6 loads of dirty laundry. The last time anything was washed was in December, the last time he has here. The next thing to come in was all his pots and pans for mum to wash. I kid you not there were things growing in them that medical science has yet to discover.

He says he cant move on until he has sold enough of his belongings to pay us back for the loan for his rented burger van.

What worries me is if anyone is daft enough to buy his van, what happens then. We will be stuck with him for 6 months the same as we were a few years ago. That time Mrs H and myself had to get a loan to buy him a car and send him back out on the road.

Do you ever feel like history repeats its self.

Back tomorrow with some nice stories and pictures of the baby swallows, they are all flying now.

Regards to all, Handy.

Comment

Me thinks you have to change your name to Handoutman
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                          Me thinks you have to change your name to Handoutman

Diddles your not kidding. Just when I thought it was safe to get on me keyboard and reply, a knock comes on the porch door. He's sleeping in his van tonight. (after Mrs H made up the spare room which he used for 2 nights). Hi Handy I saw you were still up, just going to raid the fridge for a sandwich.

He told me today that circus folk don't hang their washing on lines out of doors, that's what separates the Circus folk from the Gypsies.

He's only been doing the Circus for 4 years. I bet he hung his washing out before then, or is it another excuse.

Cheers, Handy.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 28 June 2011, 22:46. Reason: typo

Comment

Glad to see you back Handy!
                            Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                            Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Handy I don't know how you do it. I'd have thrown him out a long time back. You really do have the patience of a saint. Does he help you with your work when he's sponging off staying with you? If he doesn't..... maybe a bit of mowing an 8 acre lawn (preferably in torrential rain or blazing sun) might just persuade him to move on. Even better, you mow, you get him to pick up the grass cuttings behind you...

Hope Mrs H's ankle is on the mend.

You never know, Lady H may just be softening in her old age?
                              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Lovely to see you Handy and think you need some Fly spray!! gets rid of unwelcome visitors!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X