GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

LOL Pixie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      You got me there

Did I tell you about the Nurse I went out with?
      We were outside the Nurses Home and I was trying to talk my way in.
      She said No Chance Handy. (story of my life).

It's not the first time I have been turned down on Medical Grounds.

Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        The fact that it was an all-girls school might have had something to do with it
        I always wanted to go to a School like Yours.
        To perfect your practical skills in human biology, or to learn knitting?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          I bet you did!
          I bet he didn't.

He'd look daft in pigtails and wearing a gym-slip.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            I bet he didn't.

He'd look daft in pigtails and wearing a gym-slip.
            How do you know?

It might have been better than some of the outfits I used to wear.

Back in the early 60's when money was tight, most of my cloths used to come from the Army and Navy store.

Now if Mittens on a string and Balaclava were not bad enough, can you imagine the stick I got going to School dressed as a Japanese Admiral.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Just a quick note, I hope I have my laptop problems sorted now?
              I seem to have picked up a bit of Malware/Virus that is interfering with my Broadband connection. The light on the router is on but when I have more than 2 tabs open or when I go on certain sites and sometimes If I'm downloading everything freezes. The connection symbol is showing good, but when I run a diagnostic the wireless card is off.

I have killed the bug several times but it keeps coming back to life. Next stage is a reformat. I hate that apart from the fact it will take me all day to put my programmes back on there will be 4 years of windows updates to follow.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm hoping the last system reset got me passed it.

Regards all, Handy
              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

That sounds easy to fix. I could probably do that for you in no time at all. I've been taking IT lessons from Niddy this evening

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  That sounds easy to fix. I could probably do that for you in no time at all. I've been taking IT lessons from Niddy this evening
                  Hmmm

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Comment

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        Rather than:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have killed the bug several times but it keeps coming back to life. Next stage is a reformat. I hate that apart from the fact it will take me all day to put my programmes back on there will be 4 years of windows updates to follow.
                          Try SuperAntiSpyWare - link - and get the FREE version.

I'm hoping the last system reset got me passed it.
                          Are you sure you're past it?

Comment

Just a quick note, I hope I have my laptop problems sorted now?
                            I seem to have picked up a bit of Malware/Virus that is interfering with my Broadband connection. The light on the router is on but when I have more than 2 tabs open or when I go on certain sites and sometimes If I'm downloading everything freezes. The connection symbol is showing good, but when I run a diagnostic the wireless card is off.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm hoping the last system reset got me passed it.

Regards all, Handy
                            This might fix it

SC

Comment

All right you lot, so Handy occasionally makes a typo, Passed, Past, or even Pissed. It was late at night after a sherbet or 3 to unwind after a day of fighting with the Lap Top. I finally got round to getting a back up drive on Saturday. After running back up for 3 hours I got an unsuccessful message telling me the new drive had a corrupted file. Under windows the drive is not recognised although I can manually transfer files to it. It now recognises it as a permanent drive and not a removable one.

I will get there in the end. I may be more pissed than Passed before I finish.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

I have a better idea when ya in a drunken stupor after you've got your L plates off...

Take it you have the laser to hand

Comment

Working...
                                X