GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
    *wanders away wondering why Handy didn't buy his good lady a nice bit of bling instead...?
    Cos ya can't cook with a 'bit of bling'

Comment

You bought the wife a new cooker...how, em thoughtful of you Handy!

*wanders away wondering why Handy didn't buy his good lady a nice bit of bling instead...?
      Mrs Handy has plenty of Bling. You shouls see the size of the Jewelry box I got her at Christmas, Then I had to get her an Antique dressing table to stand it on.
      After work she lives on a daily diet of 60 minute makeover and Grand designs. That's why my working day goes on long after I have finished at the hall. Projects on the blocks are a make over of the kitchen, a make over of the bedroom. (too knockered to make use of it properly) and decorate living room. It was all done three years ago, but hey ho what's a Handyman for.

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
      Cos ya can't cook with a 'bit of bling'
      Well said mate. If I won the Lotto I woulds get a jewel encrusted bottle opener, what else would you need.

I do my share of cooking, I will rather enjoy using it when we get it set up. I quite fancy holding an all about dinner party one evening. That should Pee her ladyship off.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Just been to walk the dogs (and Shadow my half Feral Cat). The sky to the West North West of me is lighting up like the worlds best Firework display. The Lightening is jumping from Cloud to Cloud. It's so far away now I cant hear the thunder, it must be 60+ miles away or more. I wouldn't like to be up on Exmoor tonight

Me I love extreme weather, the Mrs has gone to bed and is hiding under the pillows. (thats why I can make 3 posts in one night)

Catch you all laters.
        Regards, Handy.
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Sounds like a proper storm!!

Do you have a speciality dish you like to cook?!
          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Sounds like a proper storm!!

Do you have a speciality dish you like to cook?!
            Not really Angie, I prefer traditional, but I can cook most dishes. I'm no Heston more a Jamie

A sample menu would be Broccolli and Stilton soup (down here I replace the stilton with Dorset Blue Vinny, local and more creamy).

Smoked Trout (using a tea bag to smoke -James Martins recipe).

Apple Crumble using my own apples (I freeze the excess each year).

I like cooking Lamb and do a mean rare roast beef with a horse radish crust.

I don't want folks to think I'm so far up my own ass that only my feet are showing, in a former life I was lucky enough to go to some very good places at the companies expense, If I had something I liked I would try to copy it.

If your ever down Scrumpy Land call in for a Snack Mrs H has an 8x4 kitchen table, you want to see the spread she put on for visitors, proper Farmhouse Grub.
            She will fill every inch with plates of food. I have to fight hard to keep from becoming massive
            She thinks I'm under fed. 10.5 stone perfect weight for my height (dwarf) If she had her way I would be 14 st plus.

I'm feeling Hungry now, off to do an omelette.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I like cooking Lamb and do a mean rare roast beef with a horse radish crust.
              I think I will pop in for a snack I like a bit of meat

Comment

I like a bit of meat
                Your small bump makes that rather obvious.

Comment

Oooo Dinner party at Handy's!!! Yummy!

We never had a storm (or if we i did i never heard it) bit rainy but looks like it is clearing up - hope it does so by 2pm as the girl accross the lane is getting married today (they are my doggy sitters) so I am waiting by the window to see what is going on - the ladies have all gone off to the hairdressers and I think Daddy must be on delivery duties to the hotel as he is out.... I am such a curtain twitcher. We are off to help them celebrate later to the evening do. Can't wait.

Comment

I think I will pop in for a snack I like a bit of meat
                    Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                    Your small bump makes that rather obvious.
                    Sounds more like Pudding

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                    Oooo Dinner party at Handy's!!! Yummy!
                    I stand by what I say, if your ever down in the South West call in, I would love to see lady Hoorays curtains twitch when you all turn up.

Anyway Her Ladyship went to look at the house I mentioned yesterday, Just like I forecast, Not Posh enough. She said it needed that much work doing to it that even I would baulk at it.

When I asked about the cottage that went with the house (not letting on that I had looked at the photo's) She said it was nothing special, no better than the Barn conversion at the Hall.

I told her that was alright, I wasn't planning on another move just yet. There's still a lot she ( Handy) could do to improve the Hall.

On another note, at the Local antiques fair today Mrs Handy bought an old Hurricane lamp (Victorian) that has a Bristol Blue glass lens, It was only a couple of pounds but it turns out a Blue light was what the local smugglers used to let the frenchie's know it was safe to land with their barrels of Brandy.

It looks like it will still work, I may go on the cliff tops tomorrow night and see what happens when I wave it around Good job its not a red light. You never know what might happen?!!

Well we got another Thunderstorm last night, and at the moment Its raining only the way it rains in the Scottish Highlands. I don't think I will be watering anything for a few days now.

Catch you all tomorrow.
                    Regards, Handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      It looks like it will still work, I may go on the cliff tops tomorrow night and see what happens when I wave it around Good job its not a red light. You never know what might happen?!!
                      Anyone else thinking that oor Handy has got a bit of a naughty streak?!

Comment

Definitely. Been hanging round these forums too long and been influenced!!
                        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                          Definitely. Been hanging round these forums too long and been influenced!!
                          Is that a confession MGS?!

Comment

Anyone else thinking that oor Handy has got a bit of a naughty streak?!
                            Wouldn't you like to know? One of the reasons why I'm so knockered is I have fitted several lifetimes into this one body.

I have always kept one toe over the legal line.

One day soon I will tell you all how Handyman got to where he is today, and why I put up with Lady Hooray. I couldn't go back to my old life. I was what they called a pillar of the community.

Where I lived wasn't as rough as some places, but if anyone had a problem it used to end up at my door. I had the number of the controll room of the local nick on my phone.

An example, one night after a 12 hour shift I was walking my dogs near the local park.
                            At one of the houses backing onto the park (a dimly lit road) were three guys using a ladder to carry TV's Video's and other household items out of an upstairs window and into the back of a van.

I called the nick and told them a burglary was taking place. The civilian operator said are you sure sir, it could be a window cleaner! At 1/2 past 12 at night I said don't be so blinking daft.

Well sir we have no cars available to investigate at the moment. Thats ok I answered I will go home and get my shotgun, the first one to resist arrest gets both barrels I said and then hung up.

Three minutes was all it took for an Armed Response Vehicle and three coppers to arrive.
                            The Burglars were nicked and so was I.

Wheres your shotgun I was asked, I don't have one I replied. You lied to us said the Sergent.
                            Yes I did I said, but so did you when you said there was no one available to respond to the 999 call.

And this is one of the reasons the Handy's now live out in the sticks.

Regards to all.

Comment

Is that a confession MGS?!
                              That's Handy, not me
                              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                                That's Handy, not me
                                Your right MSG, I have been hanging around on the forums with some very dubious folks.

It starts to rub off on you after a while. Mind you I have a way to go before I get like some of the folk round here.

Regards All.

Comment

Working...
                                X