GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
    The big A must be an awful illness to stand back and watch.
    It is. At first Mum was in denial that there was anything wrong with her. It took 3 years before she sought help. Then there was a couple of twilight years before things got really bad.

I used to call her every evening. I still miss that. But when she started to wander and became a target for con men, that was the worst time. She used to stop teenagers in the park asking if they had seen my sister or me, saying we had forgot to take our pocket money to School with us, of course there was always a street wise little Scroat who said give it me and I will give it them when I see them.

At least now she's safe, and protected.

I have said when I start losing it (some say I have already) I will take a contract on myself. If they don't hear from me on the first of January each year, come get me.

With my luck I would still have all my marbles and the phones would go down

Now where did I put the form leaving my What you call it (Brain) to medical science.

Regards, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      At least now she's safe, and protected.
      Yeah I guess that's really important.

A woman who works in the local Tesco lost her mum to the big A a few weeks ago, she said the last few months were awful, he mum shouted at her for not bringing her cheese and onion crisps when she'd just been handed a multi-pack of them. The woman told me that it's a silly thing to remember but she said it's the little things like that that hurt the most.
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Yeah I guess that's really important.

A woman who works in the local Tesco lost her mum to the big A a few weeks ago, she said the last few months were awful, he mum shouted at her for not bringing her cheese and onion crisps when she'd just been handed a multi-pack of them. The woman told me that it's a silly thing to remember but she said it's the little things like that that hurt the most.
        Yes I know what you mean, there are two sorts of Alzheimer's, some Folks get ever so Happy go Lucky, and others really Aggressive.

Mums one of the latter, but you have to keep telling yourself they don't really mean it. It is an illness and the sufferer cant help it. Still hurts though, Mind you Mum was always the typical Stroppy Glaswegian. Now she just speaks in a language all of her own ( she make her own words up and speaks in reverse ). But most of the time she is Happy so that's a small mercy.

Time I was off now as Its an early start and a 300 mile drive tomorrow evening. I don't get down over these things, Sh!t Happens and often to those you care about most. Just something folks have to deal with.

Regards, Handy. (still grinning, when I stop you will know there's something the matter).
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Mum was always the typical Stroppy Glaswegian.
          Do you mean there's another sort of Glaswegian?

Now she just speaks in a language all of her own ( she make her own words up and speaks in reverse ).
          ¿ooʇ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıl ǝʇıɹʍ ǝɥs uɐɔ ʇnq

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Do you mean there's another sort of Glaswegian?
            Actually, there is!

There's the type of Weegie that refuse to believe they're Weegies and 'talk posh'

Comment

Actually, there is!

There's the type of Weegie that refuse to believe they're Weegies and 'talk posh'
              That was Nae Ma Maw 55 years in Yorkshire and she still kept her accent.

Comment

Have a good weekend Handy
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Evening All, Handy hasn't gone away. I will be back later this evening If I can get near my Lappy to give an update.

Regards to all, Handy.

Comment

Will look forward to that Handy!!

Comment

Agree with Angelic, we miss you Handy
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi all, finally I have got the use of my lappy back. DD has taken it over for @ 14 hours per day to play bejeweld on FB.

Is shes not on it the SS Nick is.

Anyway you got Oop North on Friday evening to find the Travel Lodge where we normally stay had been taken over by the Dundee Tigers, inline Hockey skating team. How they managed to play a match was a wonder as they were drinking and fighting as only the Jocks can do

The couple next door to us had a row that lasted from 2am till 9.
                        Then the folks in the room above must have been skating on the ceiling.

On Saturday evening all the WAGS went clubbing and got in around 3am. There was one couple who got left behind when their coach left at 8 on Sunday morning. It's a long walk from Yorkshire to Dundee.

Mum was great when we saw her on Saturday, They had had a Sea Side day at the Home. Fish, Chips, Candy Floss, Punch and Judy and Donkey rides. She had had a rare old time. She was trying to tell us about it but in a language only she understands. Then she started talking to her Mum and Dad. Its like she's on the phone to them, ( they both past away years ago, but in her mind they are still here).

Grand Kids have been running me and Mrs Handy ragged. I will have to have a rant later about armchair parenting, I live the kids to bits, but its really upsetting me about the state Mrs Handy is getting her self into taking up the slack when the Mum should be doing her bit. Angelic you are my new Hero. Even a grumpy old man like Handy can get broody where kids are concerned. But where do you get the energy from to look after 3 under 5's.

I will post up some of the great new photos I have taken of them when I get chance.

I had an explosion with the Fod-Scrotums workmen that are working on the neighboring farm today. More about that in my next installment. All I will say for now is that not many years ago I would have chinned one of them for his ignorance.

Handy never has tolerated Smart Alec twats.

It's just started to P it down here so maybe I will start to cool down a bit.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Blow it, not everything is pear shaped in Handys life. Here are my two little Monkeys.

The good thing about being close to the Sea is that when I finish work for the day, I don't have far to go to do sand castles and paddling.

Cheers all, .

Comment

Aww cute Handy

That's the grand bairns not u Handy.

Comment

how cute are those kids - I want them!
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                                Aww cute Handy

That's the grand bairns not u Handy.
                                Handy was never as cute or as bright as these two.

Comment

Working...
                                X