GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Millions of voters' personal details are being sold to junk mail companies by councils - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millions of voters' personal details are being sold to junk mail companies by councils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millions of voters' personal details are being sold to junk mail companies by councils

Millions of voters' personal details are being sold to junk mail companies by councils

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 17th December 2012 15:31.

Local authorities have made £3 million in the past five years by selling information from the electoral roll More than 20 million people have had...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Millions of voters' personal details are being sold to junk mail companies by councils

Doesn't surprise me at all the way councils operate these days.

Comment

Re: Millions of voters' personal details are being sold to junk mail companies by councils

Wonder if they will supply another recycling bin free of charge to put their crap in

Comment

strange, as each year when they send you the form (our council does) you are given the option to opt out........!!

Must work, as i receive nothing in the post (Mind You, DCA, Naughty Banks passes your e-mail onto Loan companies, as recently in the last 2 months, i've had enough giffgaff, Loanpig, Aqau Card junk mail etc to redecorate Buckingham Palace)
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am more concerned that it only costs about £10 or something for the data. The councils could at least charge a commercial rate to sell to the commercial louts that infest our letter boxes.

This is the way that the DCAs track you down as well and then go through all the people with the name of their victim until they get a bite.

On a further (anti)security note, if you have a look on Internet 192-something-or-other, you can see the people at the address and in some cases their age. Big brother and any neighbourhood thief can contact little old ladies living alone in this way.

Opting out does not protect you.

Comment

I am with scorpio on this one I hardly get anything here.

Just Virgin who seem to think I think their service is great so want to tie myself into more of their crap. (Its not Richard is just the least crap of the rest of them) and a kebab shop who seems to think if they leaflet me 3 or 4 times a week I am going to decide that ermmmmm its time to have a kebab for my tea.

Kebabs and home do not work. Kebabs drunk as a skunk face in gutter work. Kebabs sitting watching TV on a work night dont.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
              I am with scorpio on this one I hardly get anything here.

Just Virgin who seem to think I think their service is great so want to tie myself into more of their crap. (Its not Richard is just the least crap of the rest of them) and a kebab shop who seems to think if they leaflet me 3 or 4 times a week I am going to decide that ermmmmm its time to have a kebab for my tea.

Kebabs and home do not work. Kebabs drunk as a skunk face in gutter work. Kebabs sitting watching TV on a work night dont.
              A week, I have had 4 today alone, I get on average 3 a day, I thought about setting up a cronjob and sending 1 million emails to each of them with "stop the fucking leaflets" on them!

Comment

You must fit the criteria for a kebab at home type of consumer Probably on the Kebab equivilent of a CRA

Comment

Working...
                X