GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest customers hit by technical problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest customers hit by technical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest customers hit by technical problems

Natwest customers hit by technical problems

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 21st June 2012 12:11.

Customers of Natwest have reported problems with their bank accounts, with balances not being updated and online services unavailable. The bank...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Natwest customers hit by technical problems

NatWest to open all weekend as problems persist

Thousands of NatWest accounts are still affected by computer problems, leading the bank to take the unusual step of opening on Sunday for customers. While the underlying computer failure is reportedly resolved, the bank is still dealing with a massive backlog.
    Overnight payments were still not appearing on balances, leaving some unable to access wages. Some RBS and Ulster Bank accounts have also been affected, but NatWest says no one will be left out of pocket.NatWest and Ulster Bank are part of the RBS group...Read more here: BBC News - NatWest to open all weekend as problems persist
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

NatWest computer glitch 'fixed but backlog remains'

The computer error that has affected thousands of NatWest customers has been fixed, a spokeswoman has said. But the company, owned by the RBS group, is still working through a long backlog of accounts, she said. The technical fault has disrupted payments to and from NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank accounts since Thursday. Branches at these banks are opening longer this weekend to help customers, who have reported unpaid salaries and rent payments not being processed. More than 1,300 branches will stay open until 16:00 or 18:00 on Saturday and some will also open on Sunday. Susan Allen, director of customer services at the RBS Group, said the underlying computer failure had been resolved but there was still a lot of accounts to update through the day. "We've made it very clear that nobody would be out of pocket as a result of this error. "So we deeply regret the inconvenience caused to our customers and customers of other banks, and if people can get in touch we will make sure that we fix this for them."

'Money in taxis'
      Staff had worked through the night and there would be double the number of people staffing the phones, she said. "For those customers affected, please call us, please come into our branches. We can help you, we can get money to you. "Yesterday I organised to have some money go in a cab to one of our customers. We know this is terrible and we want to make sure we get money to as many people as possible." Some customers have had to delay completing purchases of homes and others reported concerns about getting money for the weekend, with overnight payments still not appearing on balances on Friday. The computer problem is understood to have arisen after staff tried to install a software update on RBS's payment processing system, but ended up corrupting it.

Read more here:

A: The Bank, sending money via a Cabbie to a customer!!
      A: Human Error then - Its taken 5 days later to admit it was a Human Error, let alone ALL THIS Text just to admit AGAIN that it was Human Error......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ive not got my money in a cab yet!

Comment

latest up from RBS:

RBS chief apologises for NatWest banking problems

RBS chief executive Stephen Hester has apologised for technical problems which left customers of the group's banks unable to pay bills or access money. He said: "Our customers rely on us day in and day out to get things right. On this occasion we have let them down." NatWest is set to open 1,200 branches on Sunday to clear a backlog caused by a problem with computer software. The technical fault, now fixed, disrupted payments to and from NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank. The problem began on Thursday.. It is understood to have arisen after staff tried to install a software update on RBS's payment processing system, but ended up corrupting it.....Read more here: BBC News - RBS chief apologises for NatWest banking problems

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
            On this occasion we have let them down
            What planet is this twat on? EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR YOU LET US DOWN YOU FUCKING IMBECILES!!!!

* Rant over - and calm :niddy
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              What planet is this twat on? EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR YOU LET US DOWN YOU FUCKING IMBECILES!!!!

* Rant over - and calm :niddy
              i did read somewhere earlier in the week, that Natwest quoted that the incident happened on Tuesday, and the P*ick (RBS) says that it happend on Thursday (either BBC reporters got the facts mixed up or with Moody's Downgrading intrevention of these Banks ie; Natwest/Ulster and RBS trying to hide their Balance sheets). Either WAY it this shouldn't EVEN happen for this length of time. wouldn't see MI5 MI6 or systems being down for this long.........Tesco was the longest 4 days, but only affected a handful.........

Comment

They have changed the day a few times that I have read. I am with them and they have been sending me text's all day about the problem but its still not back on track and I cant see it being by tomorrow either... I have to pay things out in the morning for other people's wages, etc.. I cant go into a branch either due to my health, hence why I bank online...

Im glad to see Niddy's impressed with them

I was saying before on my thread that they are quick to charge you and reject your DD's, etc even if they know money gets paid in to your account the same day. They dont exactly play fair with their customers!

Comment

Fury as NatWest farce goes into a sixth day: Bank boss Hester faces calls to quit as customers remain in the dark over when they can access the money

Bank boss Stephen Hester faced calls to resign as the computer chaos at NatWest ran into a sixth day today, prompting the Treasury to monitor the situation. The bank was this morning still unable to confirm when customer accounts would be returned to normal - almost a week after a systems failure that has left wages unpaid and customers unable to withdraw money, pay bills or use credit cards. Hester, who is chief executive of RBS Gorup, which owns NatWest, promised that 'no one will be left permanently out of pocket' by the computer glitch....Read more here: NatWest-RBS banking problems: No deadline for fix as chaos stretches into sixth day

Comment

RBS problems may linger for weeks, Ombudsman warns

It could take several weeks for RBS customers to have the effect of their account problems sorted out, the Financial Ombudsman Service has warned. A computer software upgrade at RBS failed last week, disrupting payments into and out of accounts. The bank is still working through a backlog of failed transactions affecting current account customers. David Cresswell of the FOS said the knock-on effects would take longer to identify and rectify. "It is really important to start making a note of what is happening to you, of conversations you have with people, of difficulties you are facing, or knock-on effects, because this is a ripple effect from the original problems," he said. "What you need to do is make a clear list of how you have been affected, so you can go back to your bank and say: 'This is the complete picture, how can you help?'" The sort of problems RBS is expecting to deal with are extra charges for inadvertently going overdrawn or paying a credit card bill late, and making sure that a customer's credit rating is not damaged....Read more of today's update here: BBC News - RBS problems may linger for weeks, Ombudsman warns

Comment

RBS says most bank accounts now updated

Banking group RBS has said that 99% of RBS and NatWest accounts have now been brought up to date. A computer software upgrade at RBS failed last week, disrupting many payments into and out of accounts. However, RBS added that its Ulster Bank customers continued to suffer "unacceptable delays". The Financial Ombudsman Service has warned it could take several weeks for bank customers to have all the effects of the account problems sorted out.Extra hours The bank said most of the backlog of transactions had been cleared overnight leaving less than 1% unresolved....Read more here:RBS says most bank accounts now updated

Comment

RBS and NatWest: continuing IT problems affect Ulster account holders

As many as 100,000 customers with Ulster Bank will not have access to their money until Monday 2 July at the earliest. Hundreds of thousands of customers with bank accounts provided by Royal Bank of Scotland face many more days without access to their money as the bank struggles to cope with continuing problems with its IT infrastructure. As many as 100,000 customers with Ulster Bank, owned by RBS, have been told they will not have access to their money until Monday 2 July at the earliest....Read more here: RBS and NatWest: continuing IT problems affect Ulster account holders

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                          latest up from RBS:

RBS chief apologises for NatWest banking problems

RBS chief executive Stephen Hester has apologised for technical problems which left customers of the group's banks unable to pay bills or access money. He said: "Our customers rely on us day in and day out to get things right. On this occasion we have let them down." NatWest is set to open 1,200 branches on Sunday to clear a backlog caused by a problem with computer software. The technical fault, now fixed, disrupted payments to and from NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank. The problem began on Thursday.. It is understood to have arisen after staff tried to install a software update on RBS's payment processing system, but ended up corrupting it.....Read more here: BBC News - RBS chief apologises for NatWest banking problems
                          Mortgage payments made twice amid RBS IT failure

Comment

I have a call today from the Natwest as I still havent received money in my account that was due in on the 1st. I cant pay my bills and my DD's are flying out! The woman I spoke to said that there was about 1% of people who where still having problems with money not showing in their accounts or not being paid what is due to go into their accounts! Obviously, I must be in the 1%!!!

She went on to say that I should check my account in the morning as they have been manually dealing with the accounts. I have checked with who owes me the money that it has been issued and it has on the 30th June! So, I am still unable to get my shopping or pay my other bills that are a priority. If the money isn't in my account by dinner time tomorrow I have to email them at Natwest and they will call me as soon as they can! The last email I sent took them 2 days to contact me. Not funny anymore!

Comment

HSBC Informed me (Told me), that if i haven't funds that they cancel my DD payments for me lol (i only have one, its Rent)..........Not much information from them on that one

Comment

Working...
                              X