GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepie
    replied
    Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    MBNA (Virgin)

Okay folks here is the next one I have to deal with. These people were probably the most unhelpful of them all. I had letters from lots of different people all with different addresses at MBNA. They would not listen at all and even insisted on a psychiatric report to confirm my illness.
    • Type of account Credit card

• Date commenced Unsure of exact date but definitely before Apr 2007

• Approx balance £16,000

• Date last paid November 2010
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying £1 per month

• Status In arrears

• Account owner MBNA
    • Additional Info
    14/07/2011 Letter from Head of Recovery and Risk. It says my agreement has been terminated. I will no longer receive statements and we have registered a default at the credit reference agencies. They list 3 options in the letter
    1. Sale of debt
    2. Placement of Debt
    3. Litigation.
    So what should I do next folks?

My thoughts Do nothing, the ball is now in their court and I should wait to see what their next move is. I can then ask you good folks what to send template wise according to how they move next; Yes or No?
    Just ignore for now see what they send next

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

MBNA (Virgin)

Okay folks here is the next one I have to deal with. These people were probably the most unhelpful of them all. I had letters from lots of different people all with different addresses at MBNA. They would not listen at all and even insisted on a psychiatric report to confirm my illness.
    • Approx balance £16,000

• Status In arrears
    • Account owner MBNA

Additional Info
    14/07/2011 Letter from Head of Recovery and Risk. It says my agreement has been terminated. I will no longer receive statements and we have registered a default at the credit reference agencies. They list 3 options in the letter
    1. Sale of debt
    2. Placement of Debt
    3. Litigation.

So what should I do next folks?

My thoughts Do nothing, the ball is now in their court and I should wait to see what their next move is. I can then ask you good folks what to send template wise according to how they move next; Yes or No?
    Last edited by mauijim; 14 July 2011, 11:56. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Update

13/7/11 Letter sent 1st class recorded to Bryan Carters returning their cheque and resubmitting the original CCA. Also included the template letter from here CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor

I will post another update when I get a reply.

PS. Is this correct or should I add this to my opening diary page?
    This is perfect - thanks. Keep us updated

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update

13/7/11 Letter sent 1st class recorded to Bryan Carters returning their cheque and resubmitting the original CCA. Also included the template letter from here CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor

I will post another update when I get a reply.

PS. Is this correct or should I add this to my opening diary page?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I sent them a £1 PO first time but they sent me a cheque for £1.00.SHould I just send a new £1 PO or simply return their cheque?
    return their own cheque and tell them you do not have a bank account to pay it into thus you sent a PO in the first place!

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

I sent them a £1 PO first time but they sent me a cheque for £1.00.SHould I just send a new £1 PO or simply return their cheque?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Should I send the letter to Bryan Carters using Recorded Delivery again? I will return the cheque with my original request to Carters together with the template letter you suggested.
    Just print one of those templates and send it with the original request and the original cheque in the normal post or recorded - up to you really (recorded is safer and provides proof you DID re-send it)

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Should I send the letter to Bryan Carters using Recorded Delivery again? I will return the cheque with my original request to Carters together with the template letter you suggested.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

First steps

I had many letters from various DCAs. I was already looking at this forum and at MSE and had taken advice from CCCS. I also had many phone calls and these were making me very more ill. I used a template letter from MSE and insisted all correspondence was only in writing. This didn't really help and they kept calling me. I blocked anonymous calls but that didn't work so I change my number.

4/7/2011 I wrote to Bryan Carters using the CCA request template from here

11/7/2011 Letter from Freds. They say the account has been handed back to the client and the account put on hold

13/7/2011. Another letter this time from Bryan Carters. They send me a cheque for £1 as they are unable to provide the CCA. I have copied verbatim what they have written in the letter. It made me smile

"We thank you for your letter of 4/7/2011 the content has been noted. We are unable to provide the documents you have requested and return your £1.00 fee. Our client requires the cardholder's signature on the CCA request (Yeah right ) in order to proceed. Please forward your request directly to our client with fee and signature at the following address."

My thought
    From my limited knowledge may I think they are going to struggle as they do not have my signature on a CCA?
    If they do not have a CCA then why are they asking for a signature?

However to appease this and for clarity, you can either send the cheque and request to the DCA or you can send this, with the original request and cheque, back to Bryan Carter: CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

First steps

I had many letters from various DCAs. I was already looking at this forum and at MSE and had taken advice from CCCS. I also had many phone calls and these were making me very more ill. I used a template letter from MSE and insisted all correspondence was only in writing. This didn't really help and they kept calling me. I blocked anonymous calls but that didn't work so I change my number.

4/7/2011 I wrote to Bryan Carters using the CCA request template from here

11/7/2011 Letter from Freds. They say the account has been handed back to the client and the account put on hold

13/7/2011. Another letter this time from Bryan Carters. They send me a cheque for £1 as they are unable to provide the CCA. I have copied verbatim what they have written in the letter. It made me smile

"We thank you for your letter of 4/7/2011 the content has been noted. We are unable to provide the documents you have requested and return your £1.00 fee. Our client requires the cardholder's signature on the CCA request (Yeah right ) in order to proceed. Please forward your request directly to our client with fee and signature at the following address."

My thought
    From my limited knowledge may I think they are going to struggle as they do not have my signature on a CCA?

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    started a topic Maui Jim's UE Diary

Maui Jim's UE Diary

A brief intro about me. I was doing okay until accident and then payments spiralled out of control. I foolishly borrowed on CCs and this caused my downfall. Also, bank pulled plug on overdraft and this means I had to get new account. I did call CCCS and they advised £1 per month which I started December 2010. I have many CC debts but currently due to illness and to stop me getting more ill I am trying to deal with just Capital One. I promise all I will add the other CC debts but please bear with me as this is a difficult time for me and I want to save my sanity.

Capital One

• Approx balance £11,000

• Status In arrears

• Account owner DCA Bryan Carter Solicitors & Freds

• Additional Info They are trying to add interest of £900, Court Fees of £190 Solicitor Costs £100 Total is now approx £12200
Working...
X