GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Hi guys and gals

After a lot of researching and googling, i have decided to make nest on AAD

I will list my debts soon, but to summarise i have 8 debts totalling around £35,000 (Eeeek!). It was £42,000 but i was diligently paying into a DMP via Stepchange for the last year. Now 3 of the larger debts have been sold to DCAs, i have decided to fight back.I didn't pay SC last month, and i had to reduce the payment the month before, so they will no doubt kick me off the DMP for not being a good boy, and paying these DCAs (or vultures!). I have sent off my CCAs to my creditors in mid March, and yet to hear from them. One is a pre 2007 MBNA (formally Virgin) card, now being managed by PRA, so hoping for some unenforceable news on that one!

I lost faith in Stepchange when i questioned them about the legitimacy of the DCAs right on my balances, and asked their advice on whether to send CCAs. They just blew me off,and didn't even want to entertain the idea. The fact i have been paying DCAs for about 6 months irritates me!! after all i have read also...Anyway, i won't rant too much, but will no doubt have more ranting to do at a later date.

It would be interesting to know the views of others on Stepchange... i feel i have wasted a year paying into this DMP!! **kicks self**

Anyway, i will study the 'how to' guide to making a diary, and will be back with my list of debts soon

Thanks

Brussel

Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Hi & welcome

All DMC's are a joke. They're funded by the banks - hence they're free. So of course they want you setting up payment plans - it keeps their CEO's in employment

keep reading & learning. You're on the leading consumer debt forum so you'll be fine
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Niddy Will list debts soon...

Comment

Ok, let me know if I am doing this all wrong! I am a newb so go easy on me ?

Debt #1
        • Type of account: Credit Card MBNA (formerly Virgin)
        • Date commenced: July 2006
        • Approx balance: £9,300
        • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
        • Status: Account Defaulted November 2016 NOW STATUTE BARRED FEB 2023
        • Account owner : PRA group
        • CCA received: Yes, includes signed agreement but not all terms and conditions are included in the document. It asks me to click on a link to view.

CCA request sent to PRA early March 2017. Nothing received yet; no phone calls, just a letter saying we have received the request and will seek the info.

I did phone PRA group once a few months back (on the advice of Stepchange!!) before i had researched all this, and i may have admitted this debt (i cannot recall all the convo) SC told me to call them to tell them i will be missing a payment! I know now, that calling them was a rookie error. Hopefully i haven't stiffed myself here if this ever were to reach court!

April 13th 2017: Letter received from PRA group supposedly fulfilling their obligations regarding my CCA. It has reams of statements from MBNA, and a 2 page agreement with some tick boxes... I was hoping they would spend about 6 months trying to find this info, as it was a pre 2007 card! ?
        April 18th 2017: CCA scanned to Niddy and the crew ? awaiting confirmation on whether enforceable or not. Niddy thinks it looks ok as there is a tick box signature. Spoke to Di who said the T&Cs were on a click link, and that they should all be contained in same document.
        May 24th 2017: Phone-call from PRA chasing up. Told them i will not give any personal info over the phone.Write to me!
        May 31st 2017: Letter received advising I need to contact them in 7 days to arrange a 'mutually acceptable agreement'
        May 31st 2017: Letter received on the same day advising that i can have a one-off discounted payment of about £1000 less.
        5th June 2017: Phone-call from PRA Group. Failed security. Asked me to call them regarding letter
        6th June 2017: Phone-call from PRA Group. Ignored. Actually, I hung up.
        12th June2017: Phone call to house phone and mobile. Started to cause issues at home!
        13th June 2017: Phone call to house and mobile!
        14th June 2017: Phone call to house and mobile.
        5th July 2017: Another ' could you settle your account?' letter received. 'We want to make sure you are getting the help you need to manage your debts' Pffft!
        17th August 2017: Arrears letter from PRA saying they could add fees and interest on. Also a letter included saying i could settle my account!
        19th September 2017: Another letter from PRA offering me a discount. Will ignore.
        27th November 2017: Another letter from PRA offering me a discount. A little bit more off this time. Ignored.

12th January 2018: Another letter from PRA offering me a discount. I have until 2nd Feb to come back to them. Ignored.
        28th February 2018: Yearly statement of account letter sent by PRA
        6th April 2018: Another 'could you settle your account letter' sent by PRA.
        23rd May 2018: Another 'could you settle your account letter' sent by PRA. I have until 15th June.
        29th June 2018: Another 'could you settle your account' letter set by PRA. They have offered me to pay £6500 to clear the debt.
        18th August 2018: Annnnd another 'could you settle your account' letter set by PRA. They have offered me to pay £6500 to clear the debt.
        24th October 2018: Another 'could you settle your account' letter. Offering a £2k discount on the balance. I have till 16th November to take this up.
        12th December 2018: Another 'could you settle your account' letter.

21st January 2019: Another 'could you settle your account' letter.
        7th March 2019: Statement sent from PRA.
        28th March 2019: Email sent from PRA saying ' pay the amount below to settle your debt' The amount to pay is now about £3k.
        14th June 2019: Email from PRA offering me a chance to pay discounted rate, around £3k
        15th July 2019: Email from PRA offering me a discount - same amount as previously.
        15th August 2019: Email from PRA offering me a discount again - £3190
        17th September 2019: Email from PRA offering me a discount again - £3190
        28th September 2019: Letter from PRA to old address saying 'you still have not paid us etc... contact us by 5th October or we will be passing on your account to Credit Security Ltd to deal with on our behalf'
        21st October 2019: Letter from Credit security to contact them, and that they are working on behalf of PRA
        5th November 2019: Letter from cabot 'NOTICE OF CONTINUED ACTION' collection activity will continue.

2nd January 2020: Letter from CSL offering me a discount. Offer Valid for 3 days (discount: 4k )
        17th January 2020: Letter from CSL "FINAL NOTICE" i have 10 days to respond or it will be returned to PRA who may consider further action
        21st February 2020: Account summary letter received
        23rd June 2020: We haven't spoken in a long time and have been given this address for you letter received
        14th July 2020: A getting in touch letter, we know times are tough, if you've been affected by coronavirus etc...

January 2022 - August 2022: NUMEROUS emails from PRA asking to 'get in touch' '50% discount' ' times can be tough' etc...
        Last edited by Brusselsprout; 31 May 2023, 11:35.

Comment

DEBT #2
          • Type of account: Barclaycard
          • Date commenced: February 2008
          • Approx balance: £6,900
          • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
          • Status Account: Defaulted June 2017.(Barclay card didn't default before selling onto Link!
          • Account owner : Link Financial
          • CCA received: Yes, a reconstituted agreement, but with no prescribed terms or signed agreement.

CCA request made early March 2017. Letter received from Link saying 'will revert back to OC to get this info'. Nothing received yet.

25th April 2017: Still no response regarding CCA request.
          12th May 2017: CCA receievd. Looks like it is missing prescribed terms, but will upload it in the next few days to get it checked.
          19th May 2017: CCA scanned to the team
          19th May 2017: Super speedy response from Niddy who states that there is no signed agreement so for now
          27th May 2017: Arrears letter/notice received from LINK. Used £1 postal CCA request payment as payment towards debt!
          24th June 2017: Default notice received from Link for arrears
          28th September 2017: Demand to pay the arrears letter received. I have 7 days
          22nd October 2017: Statement of account letter received.

14th February 2018: Text msgs from Link asking me to contact them, If i do not they will take further action.
          28th April 2018: Statement of arrears letter sent with arrears notice.
          24th May 2018: Letter received from Link saying that " even though we are entitled to the full balance we are giving you the opportunity to pay by monthly instalments" The letter then has a direct debit box at the bottom!
          25th June 2018: Letter from Link saying " we haven't wrote to you in a while as we needed to validate your address, and what are your intentions regarding payment of this debt". Weird that they needed to validate my address! Ignored
          10th August 2018: LET US HELP YOU GET BACK ON TRACK letter received from Link. Also states that the debt was previously owned by Asset Link (no5) and is now being serviced by Link Financial!
          5th September 2018: Letter from Link saying "we have tried to contact you and we are sure you intend to pay back this debt, please contact us'
          12th October 2018: Arrears letter sent from Link
          18th November 218: Letter from BARCLAYCARD saying i am owed money and i have to contact them, but right at the bottom is says 'as your account has been sold to Link financial we have asked them to reduce your balance' Buggers!!

10th January 2019: Letter from Link saying they have not heard from me but are willing to let me pay off the date in monthly installments. Please fill in the direct debit mandate and send back to them.
          18th Feb 2019: Harrassment by telephone letter sent to link after numerous calls
          2nd May 2019: Statement of arrears letter sent from Link
          27th October 2019: Statement of arrears letter sent from Link

11th March 2020: Link send letter ' we have not written to you for a while as we had to locate your address, please contact us...'
          29th March 2020: Statement of account received from Link
          27th April 2020: 'Let us help you get back on track' letter received.
          9th June 2020: Letter asking to organise a time to talk to you.... we know debt can be a worrying time etc etc....
          25th June 2020: Let us help you get back on track' letter received.
          27th September 2020: Statement of account letter sent.

28th March 2021: Statement of account sent.
          Last edited by Brusselsprout; 22 July 2021, 11:41.

Comment

DEBT #3
            • Type of account: Barclaycard
            • Date commenced: September 2011
            • Approx balance: £10,500
            • Status Account: Defaulted June 2017 (Barclay card didn't default before selling onto Link!)
            • Account owner : Link Financial
            • CCA received: Yes, a reconstituted agreement, but with no prescribed terms or signed agreement.

CCA request made early March 2017. 1 letter from link saying they will revert back to OC. Nothing heard as of yet.

April 13th 2017: Letter received from Link containing reconstituted CCA Will email to Niddy soon, but looks enforceable to me!
            April 20th 2017: CCA scanned to Niddy and the team
            April 20th 2017: Niddy says CCA missing signed agreement and P/Ts so unenforceable for now good news!
            May 31st 2017: Statement of account sent by Link. It appears they used the £1 postal order as a payment towards alleged debt!!
            24th June 2017: Default notice received from Link for arrears
            28th September 2017: Demand to pay the arrears letter received. I have 7 days
            22nd October 2017: Another CCA request sent even though I haven't requested one, and they apologise that they have taken so long. I guess they forgot they already sent one.
            3rd November 2017: Statement of account, and arrears letter sent by Link. Asking me to contact them.

4th May 2018: Statement of account received
            24th May 2018: Letter received from Link saying that " even though we are entitled to the full balance we are giving you the opportunity to pay by monthly instalments" The letter then has a direct debit box at the bottom!
            25th June 2018: Letter from Link saying " we haven't wrote to you in a while as we needed to validate your address, and what are your intentions regarding payment of this debt". Weird that they needed to validate my address! Ignored
            10th August 2018: LET US HELP YOU GET BACK ON TRACK letter received from Link. Also states that the debt was previously owned by Asset Link (no5) and is now being serviced by Link Financial!
            5th September 2018: Letter from Link saying "we have tried to contact you and we are sure you intend to pay back this debt, please contact us'
            12th October 2018: Arrears letter sent from Link
            18th November 218: Letter from BARCLAYCARD saying i am owed money and i have to contact them, but right at the bottom is says 'as your account has been sold to Link financial we have asked them to reduce your balance' Buggers!!

10th January 2019: Letter from Link saying they have not heard from me but are willing to let me pay off the debt in monthly installments. Please fill in the direct debit mandate and send back to them.
            18th Feb 2019: Harrassment by telephone letter sent to link after numerous calls
            26th April 2019: Statement of arrears sent twice! I assume they were supposed to send a statement for the other debt with Barclaycard also, but duplicated.
            27th October 2019: Statement of arrears letter sent from Link

11th March 2020: Link send letter ' we have not written to you for a while as we had to locate your address, please contact us...'
            29th March 2020: Statement of account received from Link
            27th April 2020: 'Let us help you get back on track' letter received.
            9th June 2020: Letter asking to organise a time to talk to you.... we know debt can be a worrying time etc etc..
            25th June 2020: 'Let us help get you back on track' letter received
            26th June 2020: We would like to arrange a time to talk to you, we know times can be tough... yadda yadda yadda...
            13th July 2020:'Let us help you get back on track' letter received.
            25th August 2020: Is £99 affordable to you? letter received from Link.
            7th September 2020: Statement of account letter sent.
            Last edited by Brusselsprout; 11 November 2020, 11:43.

Comment

DEBT #4
              • Type of account: Nationwide Credit card
              • Date commenced: September 2012
              • Approx balance: £4,200
              • Status Account: Defaulted August 2016 NOW STATUTE BARRED FEB 2023
              • Account owner : Cabot Financial
              • CCA received: No, Moorcroft say nationwide unable to provide the info, but gave me a list of statements from 2017 - 2018.

Sent a CCA early March 2017. No response from them. I understand this will no doubt be enforceable but just want to see what they send anyway
              24th March 2017: CCA signed for at Nationwide.
              25th April 2017: Still no response regarding CCA request.
              May 12th 2017: Arrears letter received, and it appears to show that a partial payment of £1 has been made to the account in March. My CCA request standing order payment maybe!
              19th June 2017: 'Demand for payment letter' received. 7 days to contact them or they may instruct external agency to collect.
              3rd July 2017: Letter offering discount if i contact them within 7 days. Still no response to CCA request.
              6th July 2017: Phone-call from Nationwide (could be for my loan or overdraft account, but didn't make it far enough to find out which one). A rather uppity fella who got all petulant when i said i wanted to communicate in writing only and said 'i must warn you, that we will pass this onto an external debt collector'.
              12th July 2017: 'Final Notice' letter received. Contact within 7 days of letter or they will refer to Debt collection agency.
              5th August 2017: Letter from Nationwide informing me that Moorcroft will be taking management of the account on their behalf. Still no CCA received.
              8th August 2017: Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
              9th August 2017:Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
              10th August 2017: Moorcroft calling again. Left msg with family member to call them back!!!
              17th August 2017: Letter from Moorcroft saying to contact them by 21st August or they will take further action, and MAY send someone to my address!
              22nd August 2017: Harassment, and 'Don't send anyone to my door' letters sent to Moorcroft!
              30th August 2017: Moorcroft letter acknowledging my request to communicate in letter, and they will honour that just as long as stay in contact with them through writing though. They have given me 30 days.
              8th November 2017: Letter from Moorcroft asking me to get in touch or they MAY send somebody to my house.
              26th November 2017: Monthly installment offer letter received from Moorcroft. Still no CCA received from original request in March!!
              18th December 2017: Letter received from Moorcroft saying i have now been passed over to home division department

4th January 2018: I have sent another 'do not send anyone to my door' letter and a sold whilst in dispute letter to moorcroft
              20th January 2018: Moorcroft send a response to my SWID letter stating that they are not the account owner, and are legally instructed to try and collect by Nationwide. They also say their client is fully entitled to collect this balance, but nothing about the fact that i have had no response to my CCA request! They also go on to tell me that they receive a lot of these 'template' letters, and they tell me this by sending a template letter of their own... the irony! They advise that the letter i sent contained incorrect information, and i should seek free legal advice instead! They are putting my account on hold for 30 days so that i can seek legal advice!
              21st June 2018: Finally received some news from Moorcroft regarding my CCA request from over a year ago! They say Nationwide cannot provide this, but here is a list of statements instead from 2017 to 2018! Account on hold until 15th July 2018. They also mention my last payment to the account was my £1 postal order for the CCA request! Cheeky!
              30th July 2018: 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION' letter received from Moorcroft essentially saying 'to prevent further action, and potential consequences, you must offer your payment plan by 30th July' Will ignore.
              8th August 2018: MONTHLY INSTALLMENT OFFER letter received from Moorcroft. Ignored.
              24th August 2018: Letter from Moorcroft. As i have failed to contact them they make take one of 3 actions: Continue to send me letters etc... send someone to my house... or keep updating my credit file negatively.
              8th September 2018: Account now passed to home divisions (which it has been before) threat of doorstep visit! Will maybe send a 3rd letter saying i do not want one!! Will also send another SWID.
              17th September 2018: I have sent a SWID and 'do not send anyone to my door' letter for the 3rd time!!
              22nd September 2018: Moorcroft respond to my SWID and say they will investigate the complaint!
              11th November 2018: Moorcroft send reams of statements and transactions etc... but still awaiting CCA from nationwide apparently.
              17th November 2018: Moorcroft send letter saying they have been in touch with Nationwide and they say that they cannot locate the application form, and believe the account was opened online but can't be sure!! Strange! Account on hold until the 12th December.
              22nd December 2018: Letter from Moorcroft ' IMPORTANT INFORMATION' i must contact them by 26th to discuss my payment proposal. If not they will continue to chase me basically! Ignored!

3rd January 2019: Monthly installment offer letter received from Moorcroft.
              22nd January 2019: Letter from moorcroft saying they have not heard from me and they will continue to send letter, or send someone round my house. I need to contact them.
              6th February 2019: Moorcroft home divisions letter sent asking me to arrange a time with their representatives. Don't think i shall!
              28th Feb 2019: Letter from Moorcroft to new address stating that 'we believe that you live here, please contact us'. All mail so far has been delivered to my old address where i still collect mail from, and use as my address when i send letters to moorcroft.
              9th March 2019: Moorcroft send letter to my new address starting all over basically saying " your account has been passed to us by Nationwide etc...we offer a flexible approach to paying blah blah blaah... " already had these kind of letters!
              21st March 2019: Letter sent from MC to new address 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION' please contact to to arrange payment. Same letters again!
              2nd April 2019: Monthly installment letter sent from Moorcroft
              16th April 2019: "We are aware that you have not contacted us, and no agreement has been reached..." letter sent. We will A) continue to attempt to contact via letter/phone etc... or B) refer you to home divisions department or c) possibly continue to report on my credit file.... yaaaawn!
              7th May 2019: Letter sent from home divisions. I have until 9th May to respond.
              8th July 2019: Letter from Moorcroft saying 'we are disappointed that you have not made contact, but our client can still offer you a discount etc...'
              5th September 2019: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION letter sent by Moorcroft
              5th November 2019: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION letter sent by Moorcroft

18th January 2020: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION letter sent by Moorcroft
              30th January 2020: MONTHLY INSTALLMENT OFFER letter received....
              13th February 2020: Letter from Moorcrofft, they have not heard from me etc... as no agreement reached they have been asked to review my account for further steps to be taken i.e continued letters and phone calls, referral to home divisions (again!)
              27th February 2020: Account passed to home divisions letter sent.
              23rd March 2020: Settlement offer letter sent.
              8th June 2020: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - we cannot trace having spoken to you etc... please talk to us.
              22nd June 2020: MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER received
              6th July 2020: We have not been able to agree an affordable repayment plan. We are aware times are difficult etc...
              17th August 2020: Settlement offer letter sent

12th March 2022: Letter from nationwide saying they have sold the debt to Cabot. Letter from Cabot also sent asking to get in touch.
              21st April 2022: Letter and email from resolvecall asking to get in touch concerning debt with their client Cabot...
              1st June 2022: Letter from resolvecall offering to settle on account for £1000 less.
              15th August 2022: Cabot send letter saying they are taking the account back in-house and resolvecall no longer dealing on their behalf.
              22nd August 2022: Cabot send email and letter saying ' we beleive we have found your address and to contact them'
              15th September 2022: Cabot send letter saying to contact them, it's been over 21 days... we may send somebody to your house etc...
              19th October 2022: 'You still need to arrange repayment for your account' letter received. Along with emails saying the same...
              7th Nov 2022: 'You need to take action to repay your account...' letter received.

15th Dec 2022: 'We're still waiting to hear from you' letter received

4th January 2023: Cabot letter 'what's happening next... ' instructing a company called ORBIT to arrange a home visit...
              23rd January 2023: Letter from ORBIT saying i have until the 30th January to prevent a home visit...
              27th March 2023: My first visit from a doorstep debt collector! ORBIT have come to my door! politely told to leave. Left a card...
              5th September 2023: ' Take a positive step' letter received.
              11th September 2023: 50% off letter received.
              30th September 2023: You still have time to claim your 50% offer letter received.
              5th December 2023: 'you need a payment plan in place....' letter received

13th January 2024: ' an agent may visit you....' letter received.
              Last edited by Brusselsprout; 13 February 2024, 09:56.

Comment

DEBT #
                • Type of account: Nationwide Loan
                • Date commenced: February 2012
                • Approx balance: £2,200
                • Status Account: Defaulted April 2017 NOW STATUTE BARRED FEB 2023
                • Account owner : Cabot Financial
                • CCA received: Yes, but Nationwide say they will not take legal action to recover the debt.

CCA request sent March 2017. No response yet.

26th March 2017: CCA request signed for at depot.
                20th April 2017: Default notice has dropped through the door. Still no response to my CCA request though!
                5th June 2017: Nationwide Recoveries sent letter asking me to contact them to discuss a one off discounted offer. I have to call them to discuss!
                4th July 2017: 'My account has been passed to Nationwide Recoveries' again! :P If they do not hear from me they may sell debt on or take legal action. Still no CCA so i will ignore.
                20th July 2017: Another letter offering me a discount and to call and discuss!
                30th July 2017: Urgent action letter received from Nationwide. I must contact them or they will advise a debt collection agency to collect.
                20th August 2017: Letter saying Wescot will now be dealing with this account on their behalf.
                30th August 2017: Westcot calling and texting asking me to contact them.
                1st September 2017: Letter received from Nationwide saying they have identified some issues with the arrears statements they have sent.They mention that due to this they cannot take legal action and they consider the debt
                6th September 2017: Wescot letter received advising that I haven't responded to their calls and texts, and it is urgent that i do so otherwise they will.. err, send more letters and texts! Not sure what else they can do!
                15th September 2017: Westcot letter received offering me a 75% discount!
                04th October 2017: Letter from Westcot asking me to get in touch and that they can help
                11th October 2017: Harassment by phone letter sent to Wescot
                15th October 2017: Westcot letter received saying they have out my account on hold whilst they investigate my complaint.
                8th November 2017: Letter from Westcot apologising that the investigation into my complaint is taking so long. Account still on hold whilst they investigate.
                3rd December 2017: Notice of sum of arrears Letter received from Nationwide, saying i have failed to pay arrears. Reminding me to contact Westcot who are dealing with the account.
                3rd December 2017: Letter from Westcot saying they have investigated my complaint, and believe they have not broken any rules,and will continue to pursue, but by letter only. Still no response to CCA request made in March!

28th February 2018: Letter from Nationwide advising that the default notice they sent mentioned they would take legal action; they just wanted to clarify that that is not the case, and they will not be taking legal action. In the same letter they say they will default me if i do not pay! but i am already defaulted! little confused by that!
                26th March 2018: Statement letter sent by Nationwide.
                16th May 2018: Arrears letter received from Nationwide
                11th November 2018: Nationwide have now got bored and assigned the debt to Cabot financial. Cabot are now the owners of this debt. I will await the phone-calls!
                27th November 2018:Letter from Cabot asking for me to get in contact and if i don't they list things that they could do if i do not!
                12th December 2018: Letter from Cabot to current address (been collecting mail from my Mums address) saying they believe this is the address i now reside in, and to contact them.
                23rd December 2018: Cabot send letter saying 'we would like to hear from you'. We are confident we have correct address etc..

2nd January 2019: Letter from Cabot acknowledging my dispute/complaint. It is now with their team and they will look into it. It could take up to 8 weeks.
                23rd February 2019: Cabot respond to my complaint and believe their calling doesn't constitute harassment, and t hat they have referred my complaint back to Nationwide! Not sure why as Cabot are the owners of this debt now! Awaiting Nationwide reply.
                25th February 2019: Nationwide respond and they will look into my complaint (No CCA) and update me by 14th March!
                6th March 2019: Nationwide have responded with response to my complaint, and have included a CCA! They said they were not aware that i had requested it! Anyhow i will get that sent off to Niddy soon, but i expect it to be enforceable, as it is fairly recent loan! They state that Cabot have a right to chase for the monies owed. This is the debt that Nationwide said they wouldn't take legal action on though!

18th Nov 2022: '75% off when you pay your account' letter received

23rd March 2023: Letter received offering £1000 off...
                18th August 2023: 90% OFF letter received.
                Last edited by Brusselsprout; 24 October 2023, 09:48.

Comment

DEBT#6
                  • Type of account: Nationwide Overdraft
                  • Date commenced: June 2008
                  • Approx balance: £800
                  • Status Account: defaulted February 2016 NOW STATUTE BARRED FEB 2023
                  • Account owner : lowell
                  • CCA received: No.

Nothing sent to them yet... a little lost as to what to do with overdrafts
                  04/05/2017: letter received saying my account has now been passed to Nationwide recoveries
                  13th July 2017: Letter from Nationwide saying my account will now be managed by ARC Europe Ltd on their behalf.
                  22nd July 2017: Letter from ARC saying to get in touch. Quite a nice letter actually! Will ignore though...
                  15th October 2017: ARC letter received offering me a one-off discounted settlement offer. I have 35 days to respond.
                  23rd March 2018: ARC letter received offering me a one-off discounted settlement offer. I have 35 days to respond.
                  24th May 2018: ARC letter offering me a one-off discounted settlement offer. I have 35 days to respond.

22nd May 2019: Letter from ARC: reduced settlement offer.

7th August 2020: Standard ' we appreciate these are difficult times' letter sent from ARC. Get in touch etc...

28th Feb 2022 lowell send a letter saying they have now bought the debt They are now the owners!
                  9th march 2022: Lowell letter 'we do things differently' and asking me to get in touch.
                  4th April 2022: 'What will happen when i call?' letter sent...
                  25th April 2022: 'Improve your financial health...' letter sent
                  26th May 2022:'Avoid further recovery action' letter sent...
                  13th June 2022: 50% reduction letter sent...
                  25th July 2022: Interest free payment plan offered...
                  3rd Ocotber 2022: Kick-start your repayments with a 60% reduction letter received...

25th Ocotber 2022: 'it takes two to talk...' letter received.
                  14th Nov 2022: ' You're in control' letter received...
                  25th Nov 2022: ' benefits of improving your financial health....' letter received
                  5th Dec 2022: 70% reduction offered.

3rd January 2023: Kick start your repayment plan with a 80% reduction...
                  30th January 2023: Kick start your repayment plan with a 90% reduction...
                  Last edited by Brusselsprout; 31 May 2023, 11:38.

Comment

DEBT#7
                    • Type of account: Santander Overdraft
                    • Date commenced: April 1998
                    • Approx balance: £770
                    • Status Account:defaulted July 2016 NOW STATUTE BARRED FEB 2023
                    • Account owner : Santander using Wescot as agents, then Robinson Way, and now Drydens
                    • CCA received: No.

Nothing sent to them yet... a little lost as to what to do with overdrafts!

Again, i did speak to Westcot a while back admitting this debt, and telling them about my DMP with SC...
                    17th May 2017: Letter received from Westcot asking why I have not been paying them through Stepchange. Asking me to contact them...
                    17th July 2017: Statement received from Santander, and also asking for me to speak to them to resolve any issues.
                    30th July 2017: Letter received from Westcot asking me to contact them or they will persist with collection activity.
                    20th August 2017: Letter from Santander saying Robinson Way will now be dealing with this account
                    7th September 2017: Letter from Robinson Way advising they are dealing with this account on behalf of Santander. Contact them to arrange payment!
                    18th September 2017: Another letter asking to get to touch to arrange payment.
                    4th October 2017: 'we want to help you letter' received from Rob Way.
                    11th October 2017: Harassment by phone letter and CCA bank account #1 letters sent to Rob Way
                    26th October 2017: Rob Way replied with letter saying that they are not the legal account holder, so have asked Santander for the CCA info, and account is on hold until they respond.
                    2nd November 2017: Rob Way sent letter saying we will investigate your complaint, and the account is on hold whilst they do.
                    29th November 2017: Rob Way still investigating and awaiting update from Santander.
                    9th December 2017: Rob Way have concluded their investigation, and they believe that the number of calls made to me is not harassment, so cannot uphold my complaint. No surprises there. They have also mentioned that Santander do not have the credit agreement i requested. Rob Way say i should take this up directly with Santander. Account on hold for 30 days then collection activity restarts.
                    17th January 2018: Account statement received from Santander.
                    4th April 2018: Letter from Santander saying Drydenfairfax solicitors will now be dealing with this acount on their behalf. Guess Rob Way gave up!
                    6th Arpril 2018: Letter received form Drydens advising me to contact them by 16th April to arrange payment. "do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter'!!
                    4th May 2018: Dryden's letter saying that their client can offer a discount on this debt, and to contact them.
                    22nd July 2018: Account statement received from Santander

16th January 2019: Account statement received from Santander
                    20th July 2019: Account statement received from Santander

16th January 2020: Account statement from Santander received.
                    16th July 2020: Account statement from Santander received.

20th January 2021: Account statement from Santander received.
                    16th July 2021: Account statement from Santander received.

17th January 2023: Account statement from Santander.

18th January 2024: Account statement received
                    Last edited by Brusselsprout; 13 February 2024, 09:57.

Comment

DEBT #8

Type of account: Wonga PDL
                      Date commenced: November 2015
                      Approx balance: £340
                      Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
                      Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
                      Status Account: defaulted April 2016 NOW STATUTE BARRED FEB 2023
                      Account owner : Wonga
                      CCA received: Not yet requested.

Nothing sent to Wonga yet. Any suggestions as to what to do with these guys?

27th November 2017: Wonga send annual statement via email. Nothing else,no 'why are you not paying?' etc...

9th January 2019: Wonga have woken up. An email advising me that my account is on 38 day hold, and to complete an I&E form.
                      18th January 2019: Another email from Wonga asking me to fill in my I&E form
                      16th Feb 2019: Another email from Wonga saying collections activities have resumed on my account, and to take this very serious matter seriously etc...
                      26th April 2019: Email from Wonga/administrators saying i could make a claim, and to get my claim in to them. Ignored.
                      2nd May 2019: Email from administrators saying that i need to get my claim in and that they will have another 12 months to assess claims, and recoup monies.
                      13th May 2019: Income and expenditure form sent again! my 36 days of account hold are over.
                      16th May 2019: Email saying "we have resumed collection activities on your account..."
                      18th October 2019: Email from administrators offering me a significant discount to close the account - £80.
                      20th December 2019: Email from Wonga (after many more) saying they are no longer taking payments and that they cannot send anymore statutory notices. I assume that means debt dead and buried!
                      Last edited by Brusselsprout; 31 May 2023, 11:40.

Comment

Hi and welcome Brussel , you've made a great decision and are in the best hands here , good luck xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok, that is currently my list of debts, and will keep updated as and when i hear anything back Any advice in the meantime will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Little more info about me: I am currently unemployed with no significant assets. This is the reason why i am am going down this route. Nothing to lose really...

Thanks again guys

Comment

Thanks Nanna

Comment

welcome to the family tree, xxx
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X