GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

The easy question! To edit your avatar, click on your name and it will bring 'you' up, then half way down on left there is an edit avatar feature.

If a claim is ever made against you, guidance would be given in dealing with this - we use a fantastic solicitor who does not have the word lose in her vocabulary
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
      I think from your post that you telephoned before you mage the last payment? If so I think the phone call would have made no difference as you paid them after that.
      That's correct Susie, i was paying them for a few months after that phone-call via the DMP! Thanks for your input, appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        The easy question! To edit your avatar, click on your name and it will bring 'you' up, then half way down on left there is an edit avatar feature.

If a claim is ever made against you, guidance would be given in dealing with this - we use a fantastic solicitor who does not have the word lose in her vocabulary
        Perfect, thanks Cym (can i call you Cym? ) It's good to know i have somewhere to turn when the sh*t heads towards the fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Brusselsprout View Post
          if this one ever did get to court, would a phone conversation where i admitted this debt be used against me? Even if the CCA is unenforceable could they use this phone-call (if recorded) as evidence? I read on another site that somebody went to court to defend a claim made against them where the CCA was-by all intents and purposes-unenforceable, but when asked by the judge if they 'ever owed the debt to the original OC' they said yes, and the judge ruled in favour of the DCA on the basis that 'it was most likely that you entered into an agreement' i.e. on the balance of probabilities, you borrowed so you pay!
          I asked you a specific question about this debt in post # 17

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          When (what year) was this account assigned to PRA?

Did MBNA assign it direct to them or does the name Varde or Experto Credite or Aktiv Kapital mean anything to you?

I have a reason for asking
          Don't automatically believe what you read on other forums since no two debt scenarios are the same.

You need bespoke advice for your debts

Di

Comment

[QUOTE=PlanB;589400]I asked you a specific question about this debt in post # 17

Sorry Plan B... I did answer this one but looks like the answer was lost amongst other posts No, only PRA headed letters so far. No mention of the other 2 companies. It was assigned to just PRA in 2016. About 6 months ago...

is ths good news?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Brusselsprout View Post
              Hi guys and gals

After a lot of researching and googling, i have decided to make nest on AAD

I will list my debts soon, but to summarise i have 8 debts totalling around £35,000 (Eeeek!). It was £42,000 but i was diligently paying into a DMP via Stepchange for the last year. Now 3 of the larger debts have been sold to DCAs, i have decided to fight back.I didn't pay SC last month, and i had to reduce the payment the month before, so they will no doubt kick me off the DMP for not being a good boy, and paying these DCAs (or vultures!). I have sent off my CCAs to my creditors in mid March, and yet to hear from them. One is a pre 2007 MBNA (formally Virgin) card, now being managed by PRA, so hoping for some unenforceable news on that one!

I lost faith in Stepchange when i questioned them about the legitimacy of the DCAs right on my balances, and asked their advice on whether to send CCAs. They just blew me off,and didn't even want to entertain the idea. The fact i have been paying DCAs for about 6 months irritates me!! after all i have read also...Anyway, i won't rant too much, but will no doubt have more ranting to do at a later date.

It would be interesting to know the views of others on Stepchange... i feel i have wasted a year paying into this DMP!! **kicks self**

Anyway, i will study the 'how to' guide to making a diary, and will be back with my list of debts soon

Thanks

Brussel
              Welcome to AAD, you're in very safe hands here, I was with Stepchange on a DMP from 2008 until my last payment in Dec 2013, they were very difficult indeed, after my last payment they wouldn't supply the details of my creditors, in fact some of my balances after paying £300 - £400 per month for 5 years had increased!!!!

I am now over half way into my journey to reach Statue Barred status, I never believed I would get this far, I've had debts written off due to the AAD letters/guidance. Good luck on your journey, we're all with you, I used to panic at first but I know I'm in very safe hands here, so much so I've introduced friends to this site who are also receiving fantastic guidance from the lovely people on here.

Good luck - Julie

Comment

Thank you Jass , that's a lovely post and yes the team are fantastic , x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
                  Welcome to AAD, you're in very safe hands here, I was with Stepchange on a DMP from 2008 until my last payment in Dec 2013, they were very difficult indeed, after my last payment they wouldn't supply the details of my creditors, in fact some of my balances after paying £300 - £400 per month for 5 years had increased!!!!

I am now over half way into my journey to reach Statue Barred status, I never believed I would get this far, I've had debts written off due to the AAD letters/guidance. Good luck on your journey, we're all with you, I used to panic at first but I know I'm in very safe hands here, so much so I've introduced friends to this site who are also receiving fantastic guidance from the lovely people on here.

Good luck - Julie
                  Thanks Julie I feel i am ready to ditch Stepchange now...and that is largely due to the info i have read on this site, and from the kind replies of support. The creditors, and DCAs i can deal with, but my only worry is that i haven't told any of my family about this, so when the phone calls come, it could prove to be a little stressful I don't really want anyone else involved...

All the best to you too

Comment

Have a look at the change your phone number thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...r-Phone-Number assuming it is still available it will take all the stress away Do your family know about the debt at all? If so you could just say that you are going to be managing it yourself now so any phone calls should not be worried about,? Once you have changed the number, if you get anyone calling the old numbers you can send them the telephone harassment letter which is very good at stopping them
                    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Have a look at the change your phone number thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...r-Phone-Number assuming it is still available it will take all the stress away Do your family know about the debt at all? If so you could just say that you are going to be managing it yourself now so any phone calls should not be worried about,? Once you have changed the number, if you get anyone calling the old numbers you can send them the telephone harassment letter which is very good at stopping them
                      Hi Susie, thanks for the link Unfortunately, i cannot change the home phone number, as it isn't my home! mobile i can just ignore...

They know i have a bit of debt, but not the full enormity of it, and the fact that I have not been paying it. It has taken me years to finally be able to cope with the debts incurred, and I am finally at a stage where I am not as stressed or worried about it anymore. To bring family in on it now will just open up a whole new load of stress i think, as they will not understand. I feel like i can cope alone (with support from you guys of course ) and bringing family in on it now will just bring unnecessary stress upon them. I am mentally ready for these calls, and will be sending letters to them all to cease with the phone-calls. If it was just me being able to answer the phone in the house, then it wouldn't be so bad, but so many calls for me will raise eyebrows I am sure! I will just be hanging up anyhow! I will just put it down to cold callers or the PPI / insurance claim buggers!

There may come a point where i am going to have to reveal all, but for now - rightly or wrongly - i will be going it alone Tomorrow i will be speaking to Stepchange to cancel my DMP!

Thanks

Brussel

Comment

You don't have to change our number Brussel just send it to them , it's not going to be your real number ,but they won't know that .xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                          You don't have to change our number Brussel just send it to them , it's not going to be your real number ,but they won't know that .xx
                          Ahh i see I'll bear this one in mind then, thanks Nanna. At present i haven't heard from anyone, but i'll expect the calls to start in the next few months.

Thanks

B

Comment

Ignore me, I missed the next page and you already have a reply!!
                            You do not have to change your home number, you give the DCA or whoever owns the account the number on the thread so they ring there instead of your home Then as far as I know it will just ring out and they get the hint and just write to you
                            Last edited by Susie; 10 April 2017, 15:23. Reason: Idion me failed to see tthe next page
                            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Ignore me, I missed the next page and you already have a reply!!
                              You do not have to change your home number, you give the DCA or whoever owns the account the number on the thread so they ring there instead of your home Then as far as I know it will just ring out and they get the hint and just write to you
                              Thanks Susie, I will be using one of the numbers

Comment

Sorry guys - phone numbers are gone now. Cost too much and we didn't get enough usage - I cancelled a few months ago when only 17 calls came over last year.

Best to just ignore them. If they get through then there are templates to use to get them to write instead.

** Phone No thread is now removed from forum
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X