GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

just Auto dialler
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      just Auto dialler
      Ah nuts, so I can expect more calls then!

Comment

Originally posted by Brusselsprout View Post
        Ok, let me know if I am doing this all wrong! I am a newb so go easy on me

Debt #1
        • Type of account: Credit Card MBNA (formerly Virgin)
        • Date commenced: July 2006
        • Approx balance: £9,300
        • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
        • Account owner : PRA group

CCA request sent to PRA early March 2017. Nothing received yet; no phone calls, just a letter saying we have received the request and will seek the info.

I did phone PRA group once a few months back (on the advice of Stepchange!!) before i had researched all this, and i may have admitted this debt (i cannot recall all the convo) SC told me to call them to tell them i will be missing a payment! I know now, that calling them was a rookie error. Hopefully i haven't stiffed myself here if this ever were to reach court!

April 13th 2017: Letter received from PRA group supposedly fulfilling their obligations regarding my CCA. It has reams of statements from MBNA, and a 2 page agreement with some tick boxes... I was hoping they would spend about 6 months trying to find this info, as it was a pre 2007 card!

April 18th 2017: CCA scanned to Niddy and the crew awaiting confirmation on whether enforceable or not.
        May 24th 2017: Phone-call from PRA chasing up. Told them i will not give any personal info over the phone.Write to me!
        May 31st 2017: Letter received advising I need to contact them in 7 days to arrange a 'mutually acceptable agreement'
        May 31st 2017: Letter received on the same day advising that i can have a one-off discounted payment of about £1000 less.
        Hi guys

Received a flurry of letters this morning from PRA...

They have offered me a £1000 discount if I pay now... Is this just a tactic to get me in contact (i suppose it is) or, do reduced payment offers usually mean the enforceabilty of the account is suspect? I still do not know if the CCA is enforceable or not yet. I may contact Di at the office on Thursday or Friday this week if ok??

PRA also state that if i take them up on their settlement offer they will mark my credit report as 'partially settled'! What a nice bunch!

Thanks
        Brussel

Comment

Ok, let me know if I am doing this all wrong! I am a newb so go easy on me

Debt #1
          • Type of account: Credit Card MBNA (formerly Virgin)
          • Date commenced: July 2006
          • Approx balance: £9,300
          • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
          • Account owner : PRA group

CCA request sent to PRA early March 2017. Nothing received yet; no phone calls, just a letter saying we have received the request and will seek the info.

I did phone PRA group once a few months back (on the advice of Stepchange!!) before i had researched all this, and i may have admitted this debt (i cannot recall all the convo) SC told me to call them to tell them i will be missing a payment! I know now, that calling them was a rookie error. Hopefully i haven't stiffed myself here if this ever were to reach court!

April 13th 2017: Letter received from PRA group supposedly fulfilling their obligations regarding my CCA. It has reams of statements from MBNA, and a 2 page agreement with some tick boxes... I was hoping they would spend about 6 months trying to find this info, as it was a pre 2007 card!
          April 18th 2017: CCA scanned to Niddy and the crew awaiting confirmation on whether enforceable or not.
          May 24th 2017: Phone-call from PRA chasing up. Told them i will not give any personal info over the phone.Write to me!
          May 31st 2017: Letter received advising I need to contact them in 7 days to arrange a 'mutually acceptable agreement'
          May 31st 2017: Letter received on the same day advising that i can have a one-off discounted payment of about £1000 less.
          5th June 2017: Phone-call from PRA Group. Failed security. Asked me to call them regarding letter
          6th June 2017: Phone-call from PRA Group. Ignored. Actually, I hung up.
          12th June2017: Phone call to house phone and mobile. Started to cause issues at home!
          13th June 2017: Phone call to house and mobile!
          Hi guys

I am getting nailed with phone calls from the PRA numpties... To my mobile i can handle, but they are also calling the home phone now, which stresses my mum, which then stresses me because she stresses!! Seriously considering giving in here, and setting an arrangement with them, as I still don't know if the CCA is enforceable or not... If it is enforceable (which it looked) then I feel like I am pi**ing in the wind here, and causing stress on everyone in the house for no reason, when I am going to have to eventually pay them anyway!

Sorry for the rant, but just had them buzzing my mobile again! I knew there were going to be phone-calls, but didn't think that they would impact others which they are starting to...

Cheers
          Brussel

Comment

When you did your agreement request, did you request any communication in writing only.
            Sometimes a written request for in writing only/no calls works, if the DCA is polite enough to oblige (unlikely I know ). It has though worked so far for me, my DCAs (not PRA) dont ring afaik. But i also have a bt/trucall phone so any unwanted/silent calls will go to silent ansaphone without ringing anyway.
            If you happen to write to them again, maybe add a paragraph requesting in writing only/no telephone calls?
            Last edited by alfie; 13 June 2017, 18:26. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by alfie View Post
              When you did your agreement request, did you request any communication in writing only.
              Sometimes a written request for in writing only/no calls works, if the DCA is polite enough to oblige (unlikely I know ). It has though worked so far for me, they dont ring afaik. But i also have a bt/trucall phone so any unwanted/silent calls will go to silent ansaphone without ringing anyway.
              If you happen to write to them again, maybe add a paragraph requesting in writing only/no telephone calls?
              Cheers Alfie, I think I'll send that letter to them...I have told them over the phone, but they don't listen PRA really do like to put the pressure on and they also like to let anyone else who answers the phone know who they are!! which then gives me more stress, when I am told the Debt Collector called!!

Cheers
              Brussel

Comment

Hi guys

I am getting nailed with phone calls from the PRA numpties... To my mobile i can handle, but they are also calling the home phone now, which stresses my mum, which then stresses me because she stresses!!
                Brussel

Use the Telephone Harassment letter which you can find in AAD+.

Comment

Cheers Alfie, I think I'll send that letter to them...I have told them over the phone, but they don't listen PRA really do like to put the pressure on and they also like to let anyone else who answers the phone know who they are!! which then gives me more stress, when I am told the Debt Collector called!!

Cheers
                  Brussel
                  Try it, in writing, see if it works. Over the phone probably wont be acknowledged.
                  Forgot to add in my post though that mine aren't with PRA. I can see that PRA are quite aggressive.
                  Also see if it is unenforceable.
                  Last edited by alfie; 13 June 2017, 18:32.

Comment

Seriously considering giving in here, and setting an arrangement with them, as I still don't know if the CCA is enforceable or not... If it is enforceable (which it looked) then I feel like I am pi**ing in the wind here, and causing stress on everyone in the house for no reason, when I am going to have to eventually pay them anyway!

Did you send your CCA to Niddy to look at? if not do it now, he will tell you if it's UE or not, snd the telphone harrassment from the templates to PRA, they should not be telling anyone WHAT they are
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Hi guys

I am getting nailed with phone calls from the PRA numpties... To my mobile i can handle, but they are also calling the home phone now, which stresses my mum, which then stresses me because she stresses!!
                      Brussel
                      Hi,

The Telephone Harassment letter worked for me and I didn't get any calls at after sending it to my variuos creditors.

I'm that far down the UE line (if not already past the post, so to speak) that they haven't bothered me in years.

Does your house phone have a memory facility on it whereby you can store names and numbers for people?

I ask, because in the early days I would store the debt collectors number in my house phone and rather than put their name in I just put "Don't Answer". So every time they phoned the screen on the home phone would light up with "Don't Answer". This also helped me, if I needed to, explain to others that it was just a nuisance call and I would just let it ring.

Hope this helps.

regards,
                      Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        Seriously considering giving in here, and setting an arrangement with them, as I still don't know if the CCA is enforceable or not... If it is enforceable (which it looked) then I feel like I am pi**ing in the wind here, and causing stress on everyone in the house for no reason, when I am going to have to eventually pay them anyway!

Did you send your CCA to Niddy to look at? if not do it now, he will tell you if it's UE or not, snd the telphone harrassment from the templates to PRA, they should not be telling anyone WHAT they are
                        Thanks Nightwatch, yes i have sent my CCA over and Niddy did think it looked ok, but as it was an old Virgin card it was possible that it could be unenforceable. I think i need to call the legal guys on this site? Am i ok to call them up, as they have the CCA too.... ?

I will definitely be sending out the harassment letter to them... Nationwide are starting to call me endlessly too!

Thanks
                        Brussel

Comment

Originally posted by Oct Revolution View Post
                          Hi,

The Telephone Harassment letter worked for me and I didn't get any calls at after sending it to my variuos creditors.

I'm that far down the UE line (if not already past the post, so to speak) that they haven't bothered me in years.

Does your house phone have a memory facility on it whereby you can store names and numbers for people?

I ask, because in the early days I would store the debt collectors number in my house phone and rather than put their name in I just put "Don't Answer". So every time they phoned the screen on the home phone would light up with "Don't Answer". This also helped me, if I needed to, explain to others that it was just a nuisance call and I would just let it ring.

Hope this helps.

regards,
                          Thanks for the tips... i think our phone is pretty basic! it's been so long since i have used a landline!! I will search through the features though... Good to know that people have had success with the letters, so i will do that... I am just waiting to be able to answer one of these calls...so i can explode at them!!! dirty tactics being used and i want to have a call them out on it!

Thanks again

Brussel

Comment

Thanks for the tips... i think our phone is pretty basic! it's been so long since i have used a landline!! I will search through the features though... Good to know that people have had success with the letters, so i will do that... I am just waiting to be able to answer one of these calls...so i can explode at them!!! dirty tactics being used and i want to have a call them out on it!

Thanks again

Brussel
                            AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT !YOU TALKING TO THEM!
                            Silence is golden.!!!!!!!!
                            Investigate call blocking (BT have a free version).

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                              AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT !YOU TALKING TO THEM!
                              Silence is golden.!!!!!!!!
                              Investigate call blocking (BT have a free version).
                              Thanks Roger... will definitely look into this Just feels like the walls are closing in on me at the moment, as my debt situation is gonna be out in the open soon with family...

Comment

Thanks Roger... will definitely look into this Just feels like the walls are closing in on me at the moment, as my debt situation is gonna be out in the open soon with family...
                                But you are taking control of your debts and this is the start of your debt free path!
                                You are doing what I and everybody else on this site has done.
                                Well done Brussels!!

Comment

Working...
                                X