GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Sorry guys - phone numbers are gone now. Cost too much and we didn't get enough usage - I cancelled a few months ago when only 17 calls came over last year.

Best to just ignore them. If they get through then there are templates to use to get them to write instead.

** Phone No thread is now removed from forum
    Ok, no worries, thanks Niddy

Comment

Hey guys

Spoke to Stepchange this morning, to discuss closure of my DMP. I am 1 missed payment away from closure, and 'discussion about alternative solutions'. I did mention that i was looking into other solutions myself (didn't divulge too much) and questioned them on unenforceable credit agreements! In his words the SC chap said 'i have not once heard of anyone being successful in the realm of unenforceable credit agreements!' It appears they do everything they can to get you to play along like a good lil' citizen! He says i must contact all my creditors to tell them I will be missing a payment!! errm no, i don't think i'll be doing that! To be fair, he was a very nice chap, and a year ago, he would have convinced me that i should play by the so-called 'rules'!

This just re-enforces my position about DMPs, and how they are not the way forward for me...

Just thought i'd update you all with that

Also, on another note, i was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were about another particular site on the web, which goes down the 3 letter route etc... I am assuming that most of us have come across this other (well known) site when searching for solutions.I don't want to name the site, but I actually found said site before AAD, but i didn't follow the 3 letter process as it just seemed a little 'cringe' to me! Is this something that actually works? One thing it did do though was help me lose the fear, so i thank them for that. Forgive me if i am breaking any site rules here about talking about other site solutions... and feel free to slap me down if so! But it would be interesting to hear others' opinions...

Have a good day all!

Brussel!

Comment

Originally posted by Brusselsprout View Post
        Hey guys

Spoke to Stepchange this morning, to discuss closure of my DMP. I am 1 missed payment away from closure, and 'discussion about alternative solutions'. I did mention that i was looking into other solutions myself (didn't divulge too much) and questioned them on unenforceable credit agreements! In his words the SC chap said 'i have not once heard of anyone being successful in the realm of unenforceable credit agreements!' It appears they do everything they can to get you to play along like a good lil' citizen! He says i must contact all my creditors to tell them I will be missing a payment!! errm no, i don't think i'll be doing that! To be fair, he was a very nice chap, and a year ago, he would have convinced me that i should play by the so-called 'rules'!

This just re-enforces my position about DMPs, and how they are not the way forward for me...

Just thought i'd update you all with that

Also, on another note, i was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were about another particular site on the web, which goes down the 3 letter route etc... I am assuming that most of us have come across this other (well known) site when searching for solutions.I don't want to name the site, but I actually found said site before AAD, but i didn't follow the 3 letter process as it just seemed a little 'cringe' to me! Is this something that actually works? One thing it did do though was help me lose the fear, so i thank them for that. Forgive me if i am breaking any site rules here about talking about other site solutions... and feel free to slap me down if so! But it would be interesting to hear others' opinions...

Have a good day all!

Brussel!
        GOODFF = stay away it does not work based on old ideas, we have no time for that site = use 3 letter way and loose any credibility in any court case - looser.
        = false wins as some creditors look at each case on its merit and if they feel not worth the continuance then they stop collections, the sources on that site try to say it was a win for the 3 letter system, no way stay clear.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          GOODFF = stay away it does not work based on old ideas, we have no time for that site = use 3 letter way and loose any credibility in any court case - looser.
          = false wins as some creditors look at each case on its merit and if they feel not worth the continuance then they stop collections, the sources on that site try to say it was a win for the 3 letter system, no way stay clear.
          Thanks Tech Clerk... this was my thoughts when i came across the site, so thanks for validating my concerns It is a shame though as i see some desperate people on that site getting told to do the letters, but not even understanding them, and then appearing to get into more trouble i will steer well clear, thanks...

Comment

Hi guys

Quick question: Barclaycard sold both my credit card accounts to Link, but I am still yet to be defaulted on these - according to my Equifax report! Are Barclaycard allowed to sell on debts without defaulting me first??? I have been on reduced payments with them from December 2015 (now not paying). I would expect a default by now I want my default!!!

Jeeez, you know it's bad when you're crying out for a default to be put on your credit file!!

Thanks
            Brussel

Comment

Idealy they should default before selling on, but Barclays seem to think they can make up their own rules, just wait and see what happens x
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                Idealy they should default before selling on, but Barclays seem to think they can make up their own rules, just wait and see what happens x
                Thanks Nightwatch

I'll guess I will have to wait for Link to issue the default. Shame really, as i could have been a year into a defaulted debt by now if they followed the normal procedures!

Comment

No good crying over spilt defaults, ( see what i did there) x
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                    No good crying over spilt defaults, ( see what i did there) x
                    Ahh very clever Nanna!

Comment

Ok, let me know if I am doing this all wrong! I am a newb so go easy on me

Debt #1
                      • Type of account: Credit Card MBNA (formerly Virgin)
                      • Date commenced: July 2006
                      • Approx balance: £9,300
                      • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
                      • Account owner : PRA group

CCA request sent to PRA early March 2017. Nothing received yet; no phone calls, just a letter saying we have received the request and will seek the info.

I did phone PRA group once a few months back (on the advice of Stepchange!!) before i had researched all this, and i may have admitted this debt (i cannot recall all the convo) SC told me to call them to tell them i will be missing a payment! I know now, that calling them was a rookie error. Hopefully i haven't stiffed myself here if this ever were to reach court!

April 13th 2017: Letter received from PRA group supposedly fulfilling their obligations regarding my CCA. It has reams of statements from MBNA, and a 2 page agreement with some tick boxes... I was hoping they would spend about 6 months trying to find this info, as it was a pre 2007 card!
                      Hi guys

My heart sank a little today, when i received some CCA documents from PRA (Only took them about 30 days to find the info). I believe i send the documents to Niddy right? Do you need all the MBNA statements too? or just the important stuff?

On the same day, Link have sent their reconstituted CCAs too! will send everything over when i have a chance. And just to kick me when I am down, Nationwide sent me a letter telling me to pay up!! I am being triple teamed here by all these guys!!

Anyhow, no worries. Have a good Easter everyone

Thanks Guys

Comment

Yes send Niddy CCAs to check over if he needs anything else he will let you know, remember not to block out your details as it's extremely secure .x

Chin up petal !!
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

My heart sank a little today, when i received some CCA documents from PRA (Only took them about 30 days to find the info).
                          . . . . and breathe . . .

May I ask you some questions

You say this was a Virgin/MBNA credit card account opened in July 2006.

You say your last payment was in January 2017 (to whom?)

So my first question is where did the account go between 2006 (MBNA) and 2017 (PRA)?

My second question is do the names Experto Credite or Varde or Aktiv Kapital mean anything to you?

I have a reason for asking.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            . . . . and breathe . . .

May I ask you some questions

You say this was a Virgin/MBNA credit card account opened in July 2006.

You say your last payment was in January 2017 (to whom?)

So my first question is where did the account go between 2006 (MBNA) and 2017 (PRA)?

My second question is do the names Experto Credite or Varde or Aktiv Kapital mean anything to you?

I have a reason for asking.

Di
                            Morning Plan B

My last payment was to PRA group in Februay 2017, and the card was with MBNA upto about Janaury/ Februay 2016 when they sold it to PRA in Feb 2016. No, Experto and Aktiv Captial have not featured yet on any of the letters The card was with Virgin, then MBNA, and then PRA group. No-one else yet

Thanks
                            Brussel

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                              Yes send Niddy CCAs to check over if he needs anything else he will let you know, remember not to block out your details as it's extremely secure .x

Chin up petal !!
                              My chin is up Nanna, thanks No point stressing I will scan all over once i get to a scanner! Have a good weekend

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys

Hope you all had a good break Well i just got back from the Library and I have scanned my PRA CCA (15p a page at the Library!!! :P) Niddy/team - i have used the up-loader on the site to send my PRA documents. I hope it worked? I didn't send all the statements as there were about 30 pages, and at 15p a page i would have had to get into more debt to do that!! I also tried to send my Link documents but after 15 mins of scanning page by page, I realised i had been scanning the wrong side, so you will have about 30 blank pages too I'll do the Link ones again tomorrow.

Let me know if i need to do anything else
                                Thanks
                                Brussel

Comment

Working...
                                X