GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can put up with the calls for a while, you can send the sold in dispute letter also add that you will only deal with them by snailmail and you request the removal of all telephone numbers
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      If you can put up with the calls for a while, you can send the sold in dispute letter also add that you will only deal with them by snailmail and you request the removal of all telephone numbers
      Thanks for the advice guys... I'll will sit tight for a while then, and see what comes

Comment

• Originally posted by Brusselsprout View Post
        Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

DEBT#7
        • Type of account: Santander Overdraft
        • Date commenced: April 1998
        • Approx balance: £770
        • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
        • Status Account:defaulted July 2016
        • Account owner : Santander using Wescot as agents

Nothing sent to them yet... a little lost as to what to do with overdrafts!

Again, i did speak to Westcot a while back admitting this debt, and telling them about my DMP with SC...
        17th May 2017: Letter received from Westcot asking why I have not been paying them through Stepchange. Asking me to contact them...
        17th July 2017: Statement received from Santander, and also asking for me to speak to them to resolve any issues.
        30th July 2017: Letter received from Westcot asking me to contact them or they will persist with collection activity.
        20th August 2017: Letter from Santander saying Robinson Way will now be dealing with this account
        Hi Guys

Hope we are all well.

Received a letter yesterday from Santander saying Robinson Way will now be dealing with this account! Am i to assume that Westcot have been dropped? I hardly heard anything from Westcot, and they barely made an effort to collect on this. Also, I am yet to send anything to anyone about this account, so do i send the CCA requests to Santander and Robinson Way or Just to Robinson Way?? Also, if anyone has any experience with Robinson Way, please let me know what to expect!

Cheers
        Brussel

Comment

• Just wait till you receive any letters from Robinson Way (RW), they will phone you an awful lot so be perpared to fail security questions and ask for all comunication in writing,
          they have a few of my accounts and have now taken to calling with a recorded request asking anyone that answers to press 1 to speak to a customer service agent. I normaly press BLOCK,
          they have Hundreds of different numbers but all with a Manchester area code, as I now have no one living in Manchester to call me I know who it is and will sometimes tell them I'm not here,

Hubby answered the phone the other day, only because I was in the garden and couldn't hear the phone, they said "it's RW can we speak with Mrs NW," he said no put it in writing, "er we have but she hasn't replied", not got the point then have you, and hung up.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
            Just wait till you receive any letters from Robinson Way (RW), they will phone you an awful lot so be perpared to fail security questions and ask for all comunication in writing,
            they have a few of my accounts and have now taken to calling with a recorded request asking anyone that answers to press 1 to speak to a customer service agent. I normaly press BLOCK,
            they have Hundreds of different numbers but all with a Manchester area code, as I now have no one living in Manchester to call me I know who it is and will sometimes tell them I'm not here,

Hubby answered the phone the other day, only because I was in the garden and couldn't hear the phone, they said "it's RW can we speak with Mrs NW," he said no put it in writing, "er we have but she hasn't replied", not got the point then have you, and hung up.
            Thanks Nightwatch!

That's the last thing i need is another non-stop phone caller!! but hey-ho, that's the nature of the beast! It is the calling of my house phone that causes most issues for me, as nobody knows of my situation, and RW making themselves known as RW to other household members could be awkward!
            Thanks
            Brussel

Comment

• buy a call blocker phone like many of us - remember the Tune Silence is Golden?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                buy a call blocker phone like many of us - remember the Tune Silence is Golden?
                I think I am gonna have to yes Thanks

Comment

• If/when they start calling you can always send them the Telephone Harassment letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                    If/when they start calling you can always send them the Telephone Harassment letter.
                    Yep, I have those ready to send thanks...

Comment

Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

DEBT #5
                      • Type of account: Nationwide Loan
                      • Date commenced: February 2012
                      • Approx balance: £2,200
                      • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
                      • Status Account: Defaulted April 2017
                      • Account owner : Nationwide

CCA request sent March 2017. No response yet.

26th March 2017: CCA request signed for at depot.
                      20th April 2017: Default notice has dropped through the door. Still no response to my CCA request though!
                      5th June 2017: Nationwide Recoveries sent letter asking me to contact them to discuss a one off discounted offer. I have to call them to discuss!
                      4th July 2017: 'My account has been passed to Nationwide Recoveries' again! :P If they do not hear from me they may sell debt on or take legal action. Still no CCA so i will ignore.
                      20th July 2017: Another letter offering me a discount and to call and discuss!
                      30th July 2017: Urgent action letter received from Nationwide. I must contact them or they will advise a debt collection agency to collect.
                      20th August 2017: Letter saying Wescot will now be dealing with this account on their behalf.
                      30th August 2017: Westcot calling and texting asking me to contact them.
                      1st September 2017: Letter received from Nationwide saying they have identified some issues with the arrears statements they have sent.
                      Hi guys

I am hoping you can help with this one

I received a letter from Nationwide today titled 'We have some information to share about your personal loan'. It then goes on to say that apparently they have to send prescribed information at regular intervals whilst i am in arrears and they found that some of their communications did not meet those requirements They then say that they take their obligations very seriously and would like to apologise yadda yadda yadda.... The important point though is that they then say this, "in light of these issues identified we will not pursue court proceedings to recover this debt" but " this does not affect my payments in respect to the loan; the loan is still in default and my agreed repayments are still due". They then ask if i would like a notice of correction put onto my credit file to state that they will not take legal action. It has another sheet of paper where i have to sign and send back to Nationwide saying I am ok for the notice of correction, and i agree to the wording, the wording being this: " Please note that this default relates to an agreement which the creditor considers to be unenforceable"

Is this a win for me here? Is this some kind of ploy to get me in contact with them? I hasten to add that they have still not provided a CCA request for this loan, and it is now with the Wescot plums.

Any advice on this is much appreciated

Sorry for the long message!

Thanks
                      Brussel

Comment

• Well - that looks good. Keep the letter very safe. As regards the notice of correction which would go on your credit file - does it, or does it not state that they will not take legal action, or does it only say what you have highlighted in bold? I think this is important. Ignore that bit as I misread 'creditor'.

Anyway, see what the more expert members say, but I think there is no catch, and with the letter you would have ammunition to bat away any DCAs with.

Edit: the snag could be that by signing that form you are acknowledging the debt, and so could lose the 6 months of your potential SB period (since you stopped paying). However, in any event, I'm not sure that this situation would necessarily prevent a future debt purchaser from starting enforcement action.
                        Last edited by Still Waving; 1 September 2017, 16:43. Reason: Cock-up on the post reading front.

Comment

• I would PM niddy to see what he says, sounds ok BUT one cannot be to careful

Comment

Well - that looks good. Keep the letter very safe. As regards the notice of correction which would go on your credit file - does it, or does it not state that they will not take legal action, or does it only say what you have highlighted in bold? I think this is important.

Anyway, see what the more expert members say, but I think there is no catch, and with the letter you would have ammunition to bat away any DCAs with.

Edit: the snag could be that by signing that form you are acknowledging the debt, and so could lose the 6 months of your potential SB period (since you stopped paying). However, in any event, I'm not sure that this situation would necessarily prevent a future debt purchaser from taking enforcement action.
                            Thanks guys

That is all it says in the highlighted part, i.e. the notice of correction bit, but In the body of the letter it states that -verbatim- "In light of the issues identified this means that we will not pursue court proceedings to recover this debt. This does not affect your payments due in respect to your loan" .

It looks like the Notice of correction seems pointless to be honest, I have another 8 defaults anyway, so does it matter if 1 is corrected? I am still screwed credit wise...Why risk replying back to them for little gain? Hmm tough one..

Thanks
                            Brussel

Comment

It looks like the Notice of correction seems pointless to be honest, I have another 8 defaults anyway, so does it matter if 1 is corrected? I am still screwed credit wise...Why risk replying back to them for little gain? Hmm tough one..

Thanks
                              Brussel
                              That's a good point - it is still an outstanding debt either way.

Comment

That's a good point - it is still an outstanding debt either way.
                                Unfortunately so, but an unenforceable one, which helps a little....

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X