GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Can you give any info on how the case was won?

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post

I am not sure am able to, Di might be able to shed more light on it?

I think what really matters is you won.

Or as I prefer to say the Claimant lost

Well Done You (and well done 'Team Jo' obviously)

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I think what really matters is you won.

Or as I prefer to say the Claimant lost

Well Done You (and well done 'Team Jo' obviously)

Di
      I think that is where I am at, got the result! ... and what is also important is this result has got my wife on board! She was a little reluctant to begin with...

Comment

• HSbc Current Account Overdraft bought by 1st Credit

Letter received today, from 1st Credit...save upto 65% if we pay in December, reducing debt from approx £1000 to around £350.

If we pay our file will show partially satisfied.

It finishes by saying 'this offer applies on a first come first serve basis and may be withdrawn when redemption limits are reached.

What do you think, good offer or a trick for contact.

Comment

• Trick or desperation!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• It is a current account... bit confused of what to do as, as I believe you can't CCA it?!

Comment

• I got one today aswell, it's that special time of year, as it was on a first come basis I thought someone else could be first and pay it for me,
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Do I get the impression that I should ignore this? But I am a little confused as it is a current account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
                  Do I get the impression that I should ignore this? But I am a little confused as it is a current account.
                  Unless you are planning to pay the 65% in December, then I would simply file it away. There are no threats in the letter are there?

In any event, too many caveats in the letter - "save up to 65% ....... First come first served ... may be withdrawn..."

Comment

• No threats in the letter...I have spotted the caveats also.

I am still none the wiser on how to deal with current account's as they are 'obviously' different to credit cards.

I want to fight all my cards, but not sure I can fight current account (overdrafts).

Comment

• As requested previously, if you could include the full history to date when you post of a new development people can see just what has occurred so far, thus making it far easier to consider and offer help.

As you will appreciate, with such a long thread it is time consuming for anyone to try to find that detail.

Comment

• that letter is doing the rounds lately, it is a come on!

Comment

I am still none the wiser on how to deal with current account's as they are 'obviously' different to credit cards.

I want to fight all my cards, but not sure I can fight current account (overdrafts).

If a current account overdraft facility has been renewed annually since 2012 you may find that s 78 CCA does apply

When was the overdraft last renewed?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

If a current account overdraft facility has been renewed annually since 2012 you may find that s 78 CCA does apply

When was the overdraft last renewed?

Di
                            Hi,

Sorry not replying sooner, just getting on top of the admin (again)! I wouldn't have a clue, how would I find out?

Comment

Type of Account: Overdraft – Tesco CC
                              Date Commenced: 17/10/2013
                              Approx Balance: £4315
                              Date last paid: Approx beginning of 2016
                              Are you on arrangement to pay or not paying: Not paying
                              Status (Default/ in arrears/ up to date): Default
                              Account Owner (DCA or Lender): Moorcroft

5/5/2017 Reply to CCA Request

We acknowledge receipt of your letter requesting a copy of your credit agreement.

However, in line with our client's that we are obliged to follow and in order to ensure that your data remains protected, all credit agreement requests must be hand signed...we would ask that you hand sign the request and resend.
                              Catch up...

It has now been passed on to Robinson Way, CCA'd last week, information received this morning. Going to send received information to Niddy.

Going to let Niddy take a look, but would it be strange to see a bit of my information (where I 'signed') within my wife's agreements?

Cheers

Comment

• Sorry won't let me add to post from my phone.

Anyway had reply from Niddy saying above is enforceable. Copied his reply...

The Credit agreement for my wife, didn't have her signed agreement it contained mine.

This is where Niddy refers to "Nope, can't see one.

"Nope. Can’t see one.

Anyway if it’s 2013 then you cannot utilise s.127(3-6) so it’s enforceable.

You’d be depending on default / termination / harassment issues if they issued a claim.

Niddy"

How do I fight this, not sure what Niddy is refering to

Comment

Working...
                                X