GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ask? Struggling to quote whilst using tablet or mobile phone, is it just me? Anyway CCA request has been sent, received last friday. I could be lucky, but I am certain that this will be enforceable. Bearing in mind they are considering legal action what would be the best course of action?

Comment

• depend on what they send there are a lot things a CCA must contain! once received send to Niddy for checking! it is just a genetic letter they send out in a batch to addresses, they are keen to get monies in a lot of cases not due to them, that is a Threatogram, no human hand has touched at this stage.?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
        HSbc Current Account Overdraft bought by 1st Credit

Letter received today, from 1st Credit...save upto 65% if we pay in December, reducing debt from approx £1000 to around £350.

If we pay our file will show partially satisfied.

It finishes by saying 'this offer applies on a first come first serve basis and may be withdrawn when redemption limits are reached.

What do you think, good offer or a trick for contact.
        8th March 2018

1st Credit is now Intrum

Dear Mrs...

From 1st March 2018 our new name is Intrum will be used in all aspects of our relationship with you regarding your account. We're taking care of everything...

We are committed to helping our customers and would like to offer you a discount by way of partial settlement

Pay this month and we will write off 70% of your balance.

If you clear your account by way of partial settlement any default that is registered in relation to this account would be updated to 'partially satisfied'. The outstanding balance would show as zero on your credit file, and you will not be pursued for the remainder of the balance by Intrum or any other third party.

This offers applies on first come first served basis and maybe withdrawn when redemption limits are reached.

Initially was going to take them up on this offer, but then was hit with a sudden unexpected outgoing, so it would be a stretch this month to do this. However, on reflection I haven't CCA'd this yet, would the advice be to do this.

The cynic in mean, is why would they offer 70%?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

8th March 2018

1st Credit is now Intrum

Dear Mrs...

From 1st March 2018 our new name is Intrum will be used in all aspects of our relationship with you regarding your account. We're taking care of everything...

We are committed to helping our customers and would like to offer you a discount by way of partial settlement

Pay this month and we will write off 70% of your balance.

If you clear your account by way of partial settlement any default that is registered in relation to this account would be updated to 'partially satisfied'. The outstanding balance would show as zero on your credit file, and you will not be pursued for the remainder of the balance by Intrum or any other third party.

This offers applies on first come first served basis and maybe withdrawn when redemption limits are reached.

Initially was going to take them up on this offer, but then was hit with a sudden unexpected outgoing, so it would be a stretch this month to do this. However, on reflection I haven't CCA'd this yet, would the advice be to do this.

The cynic in mean, is why would they offer 70%?

Thanks in anticipation.

I love the wording" 1st come ,1st served basis " would be interesting to know how many people are actually given the full discount, or been told that the limit has been reached and now you have admitted to the debt we would like it all.SB clock reset?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• another push button !B! begging letter, 1st come 1st served ensconce = thought that one went out of the window long time ago! ignore that silly computer generated offer, Oh! yes we take it up -ooppsss Oh! Dear debtor you have just acknowledged the debt? comes to mind. I would sit on my hands regarding letters like that at the moment!

you have been advised to send a CCA1974 before! send Recorded Delivery. by the way any recorded partly settlement or full settlement makes no difference to lenders, so why pay when you may not have to just to fill their yachts with booze and get nothing yourself i.e. still bad record on file??? see what others say.

"get that cca request off"

Comment

Type of Account: Creation cc
              Date Commenced: 2/12/2013
              Approx Balance: £4630
              Date last paid: Approx beginning of 2016
              Are you on arrangement to pay or not paying: Not paying
              Status (Default/ in arrears/ up to date): Default
              Account Owner (DCA or Lender): Moorcroft

Creation 2/12/2013 4630
              Been advised by Niddy that this is UE

Dated October from Moorcroft Debt Recovery
              Further to your recent communication in respect of the above account, we are writing to confirm we have been in contact with Creation Financial Services Ltd.
              Upon investigation of your account, our client has advised their records show that unfortunately, a copy of the agreement is unavailable due to the age of the account. However, please find enclosed statements to show how the balance accrued."
              15th January 2018
              Dear

We are writing to notify you that Creation Financial Services sold your account to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd on 27th.

The total balance sold was £4968.

Lowell Financial Ltd has been appointed by Lowell Portfolio I Ltd to manage your account.

What is my next step?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                another push button !B! begging letter, 1st come 1st served ensconce = thought that one went out of the window long time ago! ignore that silly computer generated offer, Oh! yes we take it up -ooppsss Oh! Dear debtor you have just acknowledged the debt? comes to mind. I would sit on my hands regarding letters like that at the moment!

you have been advised to send a CCA1974 before! send Recorded Delivery. by the way any recorded partly settlement or full settlement makes no difference to lenders, so why pay when you may not have to just to fill their yachts with booze and get nothing yourself i.e. still bad record on file??? see what others say.

"get that cca request off"
                I have been reluctant with the CCA, as there appeared to be conflicting advice.

Will do over the weekend.

Cheers

Comment

• Oh well!! now Lowell are very litigious - so send off now Recorded Delivery and keep receipts and letter copies!

Comment

• CCA or SWID?

Comment

• 2013 you received a CCA?

Comment

• CCA or SWID?

Comment

• Sorry got error message so it posted twice.

I cca'd in 2016 the account was opened in 2013.

Comment

• done on line? no doubt! Diana Mayhew

Comment

• Done online...

Comment

• Diana hopefully will pop in here for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X