GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Start of my diary

Daft question, but is there an easier way of getting letters on the forum other than typing?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
      Daft question, but is there an easier way of getting letters on the forum other than typing?
      Just curious.
      Your are doing well!
      Take a look at other Diaries and see how summary information is stored. (Not always necessary to type the whole letter out). Save the letter and its envelope (writing if pos. the date received on the envelope)

In this particular Case the Next Card (now with Cabot).

You say that Niddy had said that it was UE.
      We need to know (this from your paper work)
      1/ Who did you send the £1 s.78 request to and when?
      2/ You sent the reply to Niddy. When was this? Do you have that letter safe and sound?
      3/ When did Cabot become the Owners? (assigned to them)?

This helps folks here give you good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        Your are doing well!
        Take a look at other Diaries and see how summary information is stored. (Not always necessary to type the whole letter out). Save the letter and its envelope (writing if pos. the date received on the envelope)

In this particular Case the Next Card (now with Cabot).

You say that Niddy had said that it was UE.
        We need to know (this from your paper work)
        1/ Who did you send the £1 s.78 request to and when?
        2/ You sent the reply to Niddy. When was this? Do you have that letter safe and sound?
        3/ When did Cabot become the Owners? (assigned to them)?

This helps folks here give you good advice.
        I have the letter safe and sound. As mentioned previously I seem to remember a letter from Next about being sold but can't find that. I sent the s.78 to Next directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Because by just ignoring them they *could* start proceedings. However, under the Act (CCA1974) if they're in default of a valid & lawful s.77-79 request (ie you paid the £1 statutory fee whilst making a formal request) the Judge is not entitled by the Act to enforce the agreement so by sending the AAD version of Sold in Dispute / Missing PT's templates, you're informing the current owner / new owner (DCA) that there's a problem, that they're in default & best - that whilst they remain in default you consider the agreement unenforceable.

What you aren't doing is telling them what is wrong, so they remedy the breach and fulfil the request bringing it out of a default position. Never give up your ace card if you have one. If you're blagging it for SB then sit tight, the more it moves around the more risk of things going missing.

In essence this paper trail would assist you if a claim were to be issued.
          Bank of Scotland debt sold to PRA Group, I have now sent my SWID letter, signed for!

Comment

I have the letter safe and sound. As mentioned previously I seem to remember a letter from Next about being sold but can't find that. I sent the s.78 to Next directly.
            Received from Cabot Financial.
            Original Creditor - Next Mail Order/ Current Creditor Cabot Financial UK Ltd.
            Outstanding Balance 4036.51 Dated 6th April 2017

CABOT ".. next action to recover the outstanding balance your account has been reviewed for legal action. .. contact us within 28 days so we can prevent this from happening."

I have been advised from Niddy that this is UE as NEXT weren't able to find agreement and we're unable to determine when it was opened.

Do I send SWID?
            Cheers
            Now you need to enter this into your NEXT Diary.
            When new letters arrive or you send letters EDIT your Next Diary and add the information with a date into the Diary

That letter from NEXT is your ACE.
            So why not send a SWID.

Comment

Can I ask? If there is any scenario when is enforceable and it is say between £500 and £1500 where the better is option is to try and get a settlement figure rather than defend in court as there will be a cost to defend in court?

I am not in this position, but in the future we maybe.

Appreciate it is a personal decision.

Comment

Can I ask? If there is any scenario when a debt is enforceable and it is say between £500 and £1500 where there is an option is to try and get a settlement figure rather than defend in court as there will be a cost to defend in court which could be comparable to the debt (with full and final offer)

I am not in this position, but in the future we maybe.

Appreciate it is a personal decision. Does that make sense.
                Last edited by Strepsi; 18 April 2017, 15:04.

Comment

Bank of Scotland debt sold to PRA Group, I have now sent my SWID letter, signed for!
                  You need to put this with a date SWID Signed for into your Bank Of Scotland Diary!
                  Its time to Create and maintain your Diary and Entries. Give yourself say One a Day (file your paper work and take control)
                  Good Luck

Comment

You need to put this with a date SWID Signed for into your Bank Of Scotland Diary!
                    Its time to Create and maintain your Diary and Entries. Give yourself say One a Day (file your paper work and take control)
                    Good Luck
                    "One a day" I think that will take me til middle of May!

Comment

"One a day" I think that will take me til middle of May!
                      You have already started with the Bank Of Scotland and also the Next.
                      That will give you confidence to tackle the rest.

You mentioned various offers etc..
                      Mediation is always an option. Lets cross each hurdle one at a time.

Comment

You have already started with the Bank Of Scotland and also the Next.
                        That will give you confidence to tackle the rest.

You mentioned various offers etc..
                        Mediation is always an option. Lets cross each hurdle one at a time.
                        Thanks Roger appreciate your advice.

Comment

Creation Finance (HP) £854 Opened December 2013

Creation Consumer Finance Limited
                          Correspondence address: Chadwick House Blenheim Court Solihull B91 2AA
                          6th June 2016
                          I am writing to inform you that Creation Consumer Finance sold your account to Lowell Portfolio Ltd on 29/04/2016.
                          This means that Creation Consumer Finance no longer own your account, your account is now owned by Lowell Portfolio I Ltd. However your account will continue to be managed by MOORCROFT and you should continue to make your regular repayments to them. If you have any questions about this change of ownership you are more than welcome to contact Lowell on 0333 556 5700.
                          Lowell Portfolio I Ltd will start reporting against your credit file within 30 days of you receiving this letter.
                          If your account is being managed by an authorised third party for example a relative or a Debt Management Company please ensure that you update them with this information and show them this letter.
                          www.creation.co.uk
                          Creation Consumer Finance Limited. Registration: NI032565. Registered Office: 6th Floor Royston Rouse, 34 Upper Queen Street, Belfast BT1 6FD. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
                          Last edited by Strepsi; 18 April 2017, 20:48.

Comment

You probably don't want to have your account number and reference number on here.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                              You probably don't want to have your account number and reference number on here.

Creation Finance (HP) £854 Opened December 2013

This should be all up to date. I have been informed that is in enforceable. CCA was sent to Moorcroft and signed agreement was received back. We had an arrangement to pay in 2014.

Creation Consumer Finance Limited
                              Correspondence address: Chadwick House Blenheim Court Solihull B91 2AA
                              6th June 2016
                              I am writing to inform you that Creation Consumer Finance sold your account to Lowell Portfolio Ltd on 29/04/2016.
                              This means that Creation Consumer Finance no longer own your account, your account is now owned by Lowell Portfolio I Ltd. However your account will continue to be managed by MOORCROFT and you should continue to make your regular repayments to them. If you have any questions about this change of ownership you are more than welcome to contact Lowell on 0333 556 5700.
                              Lowell Portfolio I Ltd will start reporting against your credit file within 30 days of you receiving this letter.
                              If your account is being managed by an authorised third party for example a relative or a Debt Management Company please ensure that you update them with this information and show them this letter.

Lowell reference number: Please provide this number when you contact us.
                              Original company name: Creation Consumer Finance
                              Original account number:
                              Balance: £854.28
                              12th December 2016
                              We see that you have still not agreed a repayment arrangement for your former Creation Consumer Finance account and the balance is still outstanding.
                              We'd like to offer you a 20% discount to help you pay off your balance. Register at www.lowell.co.uk or call us on 0333 SS6 5733 by 25/12/2016 to arrange payment and we will take £170.86 off your outstanding balance. This means you would pay £683.42 to clear the account.
                              You can pay the discounted balance in one go, or through affordable instalments.
                              Details on how this will impact your credit file are included on the back of this letter. The discount only applies if you keep to an agreed repayment arrangement which is affordable for you.
                              We look forward to your call.
                              Yours sincerely

Sarah Sargent Director of Operations

Balance: 1854.28
                              28th December 2016
                              We see that you have still not agreed a repayment arrangement for your former Creation Consumer Finance account. This balance is still outstanding.
                              We want to agree a repayment plan that is affordable for you. We can only help if you get in touch. Contact us today to discuss your affordability and set up a repayment plan that works for you.
                              Prefer to do things online? Visit www.loweti.co.uk and complete our affordability calculator which will help you understand how much you have left after you've paid your bills each month. We look forward to your call. Yours sincerely

Balance: £85418
                              10th January 2017
                              Dear Mr
                              The balance on your former Creation Consumer Finance account is still outstanding.
                              As we are sure you are aware, you have an obligation to repay your debts. This outstanding balance may also be damaging your credit rating and limiting your chances of getting any new credit or services. This can include:
                              Some companies even use credit files to help them choose who to employ. These are called 'pre-employment' checks.
                              Once you start making payments we will update the credit reference agencies which could improve your credit rating. Call our team today on 0333 556 5733 to set up a repayment plan that suits you. We look forward to your call. Yours sincerely

Sarah Sargent Director of Oporotions
                              www.creation.co.uk
                              Creation Consumer Finance Limited. Registration: NI032565. Registered Office: 6th Floor Royston Rouse, 34 Upper Queen Street, Belfast BT1 6FD. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

Balance: 1854.28
                              24th January 2017
                              Dear Mr

Your overdue former Creation Consumer Finance account remains unpaid. This may be showing as a default on your credit file and harming your credit rating.
                              Our offer of a 20% discount to help you pay off your debt still stands. Register at www.lowell.co.uk or call us on 0333 556 5733 by 07/0212017 to agree a repayment plan and we will take £170.86 off your outstanding balance. This means you would pay £683,42 to clear the account.
                              You can pay the discounted balance in one go, or through affordable instalments.
                              Details on how this will impact your credit file are included on the back of this letter. The discount only applies if you keep to an agreed repayment arrangement which is affordable for you,
                              We look forward to hearing from you.
                              Yours sincerely

Contact us.

Balance: £85418
                              8th February 2017
                              Dear Mr

The balance on your former Creation Consumer Finance account is still outstanding.
                              No payment amount is too big or too small. Here are some example payment plans we currently have in place with our customers:
                              These are just examples. You can pay more or less, depending on your circumstances.
                              This outstanding balance may also be showing as a default on your credit tile, which companies use to help decide whether or not to give you credit, and at what rate. Once you start making payments we will update the credit reference agencies, which could.improve your credit rating.
                              We want to work with you to get an understanding of your circumstances and set an affordable repayment plan.
                              Please contact our team today on 03335565133 or visit our website www,lowellco.uk and use our online budget calculator to work out what you can afford.
                              We look forward to your call. Yours sincerely

8th February 2017
                              Notice of Sums in Arrears
                              This Notice has been sent to you by Lowell for information only as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It relates to an account you opened with Creation Consumer Finance which fell into arrears and was bought by Lowell. If you have a payment arrangement in place you do not need to contact us.

Date of Notice 08/02/2017
                              Period covered 29/10/2016 to 07/02/2017
                              Opening balance £854.28
                              Total Sum in arrears £854.28

Balance: £854.28
                              23rd February 2017
                              Dear Mr
                              We've still not agreed repayment on your former Creation Consumer Finance account.
                              Register at www.lowell.co.uk or call us by 09/03/2017 to arrange repayment and we'll take £256.28 off your balance. This means you would pay £598.00 to clear the account. You can choose to pay the discounted balance in full, or through affordable instalments. Details on how this will impact your credit file are included on the back of this letter. The discount only applies if you keep to an agreed repayment arrangement which is affordable for you.
                              Please get in touch.
                              Yours sincerely

13th March 2017
                              Dear Mr
                              We've been trying to contact you for some time about your Creation Consumer Finance account -which still remains unpaid.
                              Assessing your account
                              We believe the best way to understand your current circumstances and find the right solution, is for you to tell us directly. If you do not contact us, we will rely on information available to us, such as the information contained within your credit file to understand your financial situation. This will help us decide what action to take next on your account.
                              Contact us on 0333 556 5734 or arrange repayment online at www_lowell.co.uk to avoid further action.
                              Yours sincerely

Andrew Bartle Chief Operations Officer

Dear Mr
                              27th March 2017
                              We have still not been able to agree repayment on your Creation Consumer Finance account. If we do not hear from you, we will proceed with our assessment to decide whether to take legal action.
                              What legal action means If legal action is taken to recover your debt, a claim form will be issued by the Court demanding payment of the outstanding balance. This would also result in court lees, solicitor's costs and interest being added to your account.
                              We would prefer to agree repayment of this debt without the need for legal action. Please contact us today on 0333 556 5734 to agree repayment. You can also visit our website vnvw.lowell.eo.uk to complete our budget calculator and set up a repayment plan.
                              Please contact us to prevent further action.
                              Yours sincerely /A\ 1,) -
                              Andrew Bartle Chief Operations Officer

Comment

Halifax CC 1/11/2013 - £2369

I have been informed by Niddy that this debt is also enforceable.

Date: 09/07/2016
                                Dear Mrs

Reference: Halifax Credit Card

Account balance £2,367.37

As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your Halifax Credit Card account to a debt collection agency, Wescot Credit Services Ltd. We've instructed Wescot Credit Services Ltd. to
                                arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

14/07/2016
                                Wescot is a specialist debt collection agency and we have been instructed by our client, Halifax Credit Card, to make contact with you to discuss the outstanding balance on this account and the repayment options available based on your personal circumstances. These include...

24th July 2016

Our enquiries have confirmed you are resident at the address above but we have not yet agreed a solution for this account with you
                                We recently wrote to you to confirm we are acting on behalf of Halifax Credit Card in relation to the outstanding balance on this account and asked you to contact us urgently to discuss and agree a solution for this account.
                                As we have not had an update from you we have conducted additional checks to ensure we have the correct address details on file for you. These checks have confirmed that you are still resident at the address noted above_and as the _ outstanding balance on this account remains due it is essential that you contact us urgently to take control of this issue.
                                One of our specialist advisors can work with you to identify the options available for this account, including the option to repay the balance by instalments through an agreed repayment plan based on your personal circumstances.
                                The benefits of contacting us and agreeing a way forward are;
                                You will not receive any further debt collection letters or calls from us regarding this account
                                While your account is with us you will not incur any interest or fees

If your account is registered with a Credit Reference Agency you will be taking positive steps that might improve your credit rating

We have written to you on several occasions asking you to contact us about this
                                account, however to date we have not yet agreed a solution. In an attempt to close
                                this matter our client has agreed we can offer you a discount to settle your account.

Please contact us if you wish to take up the settlement offer or to discuss alternative options. Please note if you choose to repay your account by a settlement this will be recorded on your credit file and you will not need to pay the remaining balance

If you are unable to take advantage of this offer there are still other options available, including the opportunity to repay by regular manageable instalments, which will be both sustainable and affordable in line with your own circumstances

We previously outlined the benefits of contacting us, however should you choose not to our client has instructed us to continue seeking recovery of the full balance,

20th August 2016

We understand there may be a number of reasons why you have not yet addressed the outstanding balance on this account.

You may feel you are not in a position to start making an acceptable level of repayment against your balance or that you don't know how best to manage your way through your current debts.

We are specialists in establishing repayment plans that best suit the needs of customers and our clients. For the majority of customers we are able to agree a repayment arrangement tailored to their individual circumstances, which is both affordable and sustainable. If you call us to discuss your current situation we can also identify the options most suited to you.

Choosing to contact us means..........

• You have an opportunity to take control of this account with re-payments that

you agree and that you can afford

No further phone calls, letters, text messages will be sent from us

You have the potential to improve your credit rating

To resolve this matter please call us urgently on the number above and one of our dedicated advisors will be able to help.

We can be contacted 7 days a week:-

If we are unable to discuss this matter with you to agree a way forward on your account it will be returned to our client in order for them to consider the next

steps to be taken to recover the outstanding balance.

01/09/2016
                                  Confirmation of Residency

Our enquiries indicate that you are resident at the above address. Despite previous attempts, we have not been able to contact you in relation to a matter we are dealing with on behalf of Halifax Credit Card.

It is very important that you speak to us directly to resolve this issue. You can do this by contacting us on 01482 484627

Our offices are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 8am-4pm where one of our experienced agents will be on hand to deal with your call.

Unless you contact us, Halifax Credit Card reserves the right to take further additional action to re-establish contact with you, therefore we ask that you contact us without delay on the number provided above to discuss this matter.

2F

2F is a trading name of Wescot Credit Services Limited

09/12/2016

Re:HALIFAX Balance £2367.37

MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER

As we have not received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding account, we are concerned that your financial position means that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full.
                                  We can confirm that we are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects your financial circumstances and is one you can afford to maintain.

If you wish to take advantage of this repayment opportunity please :

* Contact our offices on telephone number 0161 475 2808

OR

* Contact us or make a payment via our website www.mdrl.co.uk

Our advisors will also explain to you the payment methods that we offer (e.g. direct debit, postal payments, online payments etc).

Failure to respond within 7 days of receipt of this letter may leave us with no option but to recommence collection activity.

Any payment should be made payable to " Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd " and details of the various payment methods available are listed on the back of this letter.

Do not ignore this letter, if you need assistance please contact us. Yours sincerely,

07/01/2017

Re: HALIFAX Balance £2367.37
                                  Our records show that despite our previous attempts to contact you, you have failed to make any payment to us and therefore your account has now been passed to our Home Collections Division.

This may involve our local representative calling at your home address. Please call us if there is a particular time or date when you would prefer our representative to call. Our representatives' normal hours of operation are from 8.00am until 8.30pm from Monday to Thursday, Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm and Saturday 8.30am - 3.30pm. Appointments outside these hours may be arranged upon request.

The purpose of this visit will be to assist you in establishing contact with our head office team by telephone. The visit does not involve any recovery of monies or possessions and is purely to help reconnect you to our Head Office team, to establish your circumstances and discuss a route forward.

If however you would prefer to agree a repayment arrangement direct with this office, or you believe there is an outstanding query on the account, you must telephone us no later than 14/01/17.

In a further attempt to avoid further collection activity our client has informed us that we may be able to offer a substantial discount from your outstanding balance. This means that if you are able to pay an acceptable lump sum we will not attempt to recover the remaining balance of the debt.

If you genuinely can't afford to make any repayment, speaking with us may still help. We can guide you to free money advice services and our scheduled visit will still be cancelled.

Please do contact us on the above number. Yours sincerely,

28/01/2017

I am disappointed to note that despite our numerous attempts to contact you no satisfactory agreement has been reached regarding the outstanding balance of £2367.37 on the above account.

In a further attempt to come to an arrangement and prevent the possibility of further debt recovery action being recommended our client has informed us that we may be able to offer you a substantial discount from your outstanding balance. This means that if you are able to pay an acceptable lump sum within the next 14 days we wil not pursue the remaining balance of the debt.

If you would like to participate in this offer please contact us immediately on 0161 475 2808.

Payments may be made at any Post Office using the attached slip or if you prefer to pay us directly please send the payment slip and cheque to the above address.

Alternatively you can pay using a debit card by telephoning the above number, or if you prefer visit our website WWW.MDRL.CO.UK

28th February 2017
                                  HALIFAX

Balance £2367.37

GOOD NEWS
                                  You could be free of this debt today if you telephone us and agree one of the following options : Option 1 - Interest Free Repayment Plan.

Telephone us for a monthly repayment plan. if we agree an offer and you pay monthly instalments we will ensure that our clients do not take further debt recovery action. Option 2 - A Substantial Discount.

Telephone us for a partial settlement figure. The benefit to you will be :

A discount (depending on your personal circumstances and affordability)

available to you reducing your debt by a substantial amount.

A partial settlement payment will stop you from having to pay any further costs.
                                  Once the agreed payment has been received and cleared neither we or our

client will contact you again concerning this debt and any relevant entry on your credit file will be marked as partially satisfied.

• Please do not ignore this letter. Contact us today and allow us to help you be free of this debt. Yours sincerely,

Last edited by Strepsi; 18 April 2017, 23:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X