GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want fuller information look at Financial Conduct Authority (the 1 month? always known this can't off hand find the reference BUT look when did a payment register on the DBA's Accounts? A delay between making a payment and accounting for the payment! Accounting was manual for years!! )
    CONC 7.15 Statute barred debts
    CONC 7.15 Statute barred debts - FCA Handbook

Comment

• What is perceived as acknowledging a debt? Writing a letter in regard to the debt? A cca request is one such letter? Is it defined legally or is it open to interpretation by judge based on fictitious records by purchaser?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
        What is perceived as acknowledging a debt? Writing a letter in regard to the debt? A cca request is one such letter? Is it defined legally or is it open to interpretation by judge based on fictitious records by purchaser?
        Contesting Credit Reports can be evidence of recognising Debts!
        CCA requests USE AAD template (soliciter approved)
        Care with any other letter's this is where AAD is really helpful!

Do not reply or use emails, SMS, Phone Calls Insist on SNAIL MAIL
        The Consumer Credit Act 1974 is SNAIL Mail.

Comment

• How does life look, when you have become SB'd and defaults have gone?

Are you ever able to get credit again, is your choice of cards terminally affected as a result of following UE/SB route.

This has been one long road, one that saw myself and wife amass in excess of £70000 of debt. Debt that we wouldn't of had any hope of paying off.

Debt of such a massive amount that very nearly finished me off. I honestly think that this site really saved my life.

So having a limited choice of CC is a price very much worth paying. Oh for clarification sake, I will never make that same mistake again, but having a CC for emergency is only thing we consider now!

Comment

• Probably best to steer clear of the banks you previously owed money to. There seem to be a good number of alternatives these days. I remember Niddy making a post years ago about his own experience of applying for new credit cards. I probably wouldn't be able to find it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
              How does life look, when you have become SB'd and defaults have gone?

Are you ever able to get credit again, is your choice of cards terminally affected as a result of following UE/SB route.

This has been one long road, one that saw myself and wife amass in excess of £70000 of debt. Debt that we wouldn't of had any hope of paying off.

Debt of such a massive amount that very nearly finished me off. I honestly think that this site really saved my life.

So having a limited choice of CC is a price very much worth paying. Oh for clarification sake, I will never make that same mistake again, but having a CC for emergency is only thing we consider now!

Hi, We owed £120k+,when we started on the UE journey Hubby has a CC for emergency use, we have a loan and Car finance,

As Still waving says look around you can find CC deals with good rates out there, then further down the line apply for the intrest free transfer offers to clear it. Just read the small print
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Statute barred!!

My word that has been a long road.

Thanks ever so much for all the help.

Comment

Statute barred!!
                  My word that has been a long road.
                  Thanks ever so much for all the help.
                  I agree Strepsi A very big thanks to AAD especially the MODS from ALL of US who have trod this Statue Barred road!
                  Speaking for myself I couldn't have done this without AAD and Joanna Connolly

Comment

• I know I have written this before. But I can't remember how I found AAD but I truly believe this site saved my life!

There are too many people on this site to thank, but thanks to all who shared there wisdom with me...

Comment

I know I have written this before. But I can't remember how I found AAD but I truly believe this site saved my life!

There are too many people on this site to thank, but thanks to all who shared there wisdom with me...
                      Di, isn't on the site, she is dealing with on going health problems, awaiting breast surgery, but I will pass on your thanks when we next chat.
                      we don't talk about the site ,but I am sure your good news will cheer her up.
                      NW
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

Di, isn't on the site, she is dealing with on going health problems, awaiting breast surgery, but I will pass on your thanks when we next chat.
                        we don't talk about the site ,but I am sure your good news will cheer her up.
                        NW
                        So sorry to hear about Di. She has helped me and so many others over the years on our journeys. I wish her well.

Comment

• So sorry to hear about Di. She has helped me and so many others over the years on our journeys. I wish her well.
                          I did wonder where she was, but didn't like to ask.

She offered me much needed support when I started the UE journey here, so please send her my best if you feel it appropriate.

Comment

• I know I have written this before. But I can't remember how I found AAD but I truly believe this site saved my life!
                            And when I found this site you were one of the first to offer welcome and encouragement, so let me say thank you to you now

Comment

• First, congrats to strepsi for reaching the milestone, now you can move on.
                              secondly, Di is a lady of integrity and deserves all the credit she receives, more importantly I would like to see her welcomed back when she is fighting fit to do so, she has helped so many in so many different ways, her presence and words of wisdom are sorely missed.
                              get well soon lady Di I’m sure the forumites will join me in praying for your swift recovery.

Comment

• I am hoping that things will get very quiet now.

I am wondering what I now do with all the massive amounts of paperwork??

Comment

Working...
                                X