GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mary Poppins - Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary Poppins - Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Poppins - Unenforceability Diary

Virgin MBNA – commenced 13/9/02
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...)(MBNA-Virgin)

Last paid 3rd June 2009 Balance now £9400 Niddy confirmed UE. PRA issued in Aug 15 on behalf of Aktiv, but discontinued after appointing Jo (AAD appointed solicitor) to act for me, it did cost me but it was a very small price to get rid of this one. Default registered Jan 2010 SB July 15

Capital 1 – commenced 18/7/01
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Fredericksons

Last paid 3rd Jul 2009 Balance now £1950 now with Lowells who write about every 14 days but no real threat so far, Niddy considers this enforceable. Default Dec 2009. SB Aug 15

Halifax – commenced 15/12/88

Last paid 7th July 2009 Balance now £7500 last heard from Nelson Guest in Oct 2010 and is no longer on Noddle. Default Feb 10 SB Aug 15.

Providian/Monument – commenced 31/7/01

Last paid 19th Jan 2010 Balance £5200 last heard from a company called JC International in Nov 2013 and is no longer on Noddle. Default Aug 2010 SB due end Feb early March 16.

Sainsburys – commenced 12/11/02
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Wilkin-Chapman

This is the nail biting one! Last paid 2nd Feb 2010 Balance now £14500. Last contact January 2015 by Arrow and Wilkin Chapman LLP, they enclosed the CCA which Niddy considers enforceable. Default 22nd September 2010. SB due late March/early April 2016.

Littlewoods – commenced 19/9/03
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Fredericksons

Last paid 1st March 2010 Balance now £3300 and is currently with Lowell who write regularly but no real threat, however I have written confirmation from Barclays that they are unable to produce the CCA and realise that it is unenforceable.
    Default 30th November 2010. SB due late April 16.

HFC/Beneficial/MBNA – commenced 12/5/92

Last paid Jun 2009 Balance £8100 claim issued by Hillesdens DLC in Dec 2010 and became stayed. Have only received annual statements since, the last one being 2013. Default 31st December 2009. This will not become SB unless I apply for a strike out so I may investigate this option.

Barclaycard – commenced 13/11/78
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...DP-BARCLAYCARD

Last paid 9th March 2010 Balance £12300 - MKDP issued in May 2012 and became stayed. Default 27th January 2011 (I think too long to register it). Statement of account received in April 2015. Notice of Discontinuance received December 2015. This NOD, I believe reverts the SB clock so hopefully will be SB end April 2016.

Egg – commenced 27/3/02

Not sure when I last paid but will have been around the same time as all the others and it was only a £750 balance. Marlins bought it and nothing heard since April 2013 and was closed on Noddle some time ago.

************************************************** ***************************************

I’ve done my diary back to front, most members start of with one but it’s really the first time I’ve had chance to look back at the history of my battle, which is hopefully nearing the end. I hope this will help new members to see that, although it’s a very stressful time, help is here in many forms. I can’t believe how quickly six years passes!

The stress I suffered when realising the mess I was in was awful, my income was reduced drastically in 2009, hence my situation. When I look at how much I owed, I couldn’t for a minute say where the money went, apart from loads and loads of interest! I don’t drive a posh car or live in a mansion and in fact downsized properties in 2000 after my husband had to retire from work on health grounds.

I joined AAD in May 2012, after being a member of CAG since April 2009. I did get help over there with two claims but after that, it became apparent that some very helpful members were disappearing and I couldn’t understand why. I did receive some private messages which were from members trying to direct me to AAD but the messages were obviously ‘watched’ because the AAD website link or hint of the name was always removed! I did, however get here in the end and found a lot of the CAG deserters!

I’ve not looked back since. The site team, legal team and many members here are fantastic and give up many hours of time to give so much support to members, old and new. I often wonder if they sleep! No one makes any judgements or questions why. I hope anyone reading this, takes some comfort in knowing that there is light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Trust the advice you are given, remember that the knowledge is gained from experiences that others have gone through. It may not always be what you want to hear and there will at times be mixed opinions for you to consider and always have the prerogative to do it your way. I know what I’d do!

The diary information is brief, there are so many DCA’s to mention, some more aggressive than others so I’ve put a link to the applicable threads on here so that they can be read. (If it's in AAD+, you may not be able to read unless you are a member) I've just got to figure how to attach them!

My sincere thanks to everyone that has helped me again, such a lot of people to name and I don’t want to miss anyone.

I don’t have any legal knowledge but I will continue to support anyone and pass on my experiences.

After I have settled my account with Jo, I will be making a very deserved donation I should have done it before but there always seem to be something else my money had to go on!
    Last edited by marypoppins; 28 January 2016, 21:13. Reason: spelling

Re: Mary Poppins - Unenforceability Diary

Hmm, can't figure how to link the relevant threads!

Comment

Sussed it!
      Last edited by marypoppins; 3 January 2016, 21:19.

Comment

Thank you Marypoppins! Yours is an inspirational story!

Comment

Thank you for that Mary. Can I copy the "commentary" part of your post (or you could do it) onto the UE - One Year On thread as we often link to that for new members to give them inspiration?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie,

Copy anything you need, that's fine with me but you'd be quicker than me to do it.

I'd probably 'cut' instead of 'copy' and end up losing it!

Comment

Well done for posting about your battles and the way that they have been fought. It may be easier for new members to read your succinct diary to understand everything - sometimes a long diary though informative may be off putting.

Its good here that you are going to stay around to help others.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you cymruambyth, I'm not quite out of the woods yet but not too far to go.

I am conscious that some DCA's get more active IF they have the nous to work out that a debt is approaching statute barred,

I'm just hoping my file is at the bottom of a huge pile!.

Comment

I've just checked Noddle and 3 defaults have gone.

Cap 1, MBNA/Virgin & MBNA/HFC

Three to go, but it'll be this time next year for these to drop off!

Comment

That's fantastic Mary you have done so well, and can year goes so quickly xx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I've just thought of something that's may be worth noting.

If at all possible don't throw your statements away, or at least, the last 6 months.

I've found this very useful because mine confirmed when I last paid the OC and the date that late fees started to be applied and I knew that nothing had been paid after that time, thus confirming when I'd reached statute barred.

Comment

All my defaults have gone now!

Take heart anyone that reads this thread, it can be done.

Comment

Congratulations
                          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post

Brilliant!
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post

Snap!

Comment

Working...
                              X