Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV

Hi All
    On advice from my other thread under DRO is this my best option I thought I should update a diary here as a may try the Unenforcable route if I can

Firstly I have two debts due to a divorce
    Natwest CC £2050 ( Increasing by 30 pounds per month due to arrears) taken out in 2013
    Tesco Unsecured Loan 18900 ( Increasing by 313 per month due to arrears) taken out in 2013

I have been paying £1 token payments to both. Tesco orignally agreed for 12 months and now have turned around and wish to stop it at the end of the month unsure what they intend to do.

Natwest have agreed to £1 for 6 months from September this year. They have defaulted me and sent a termination letter.

I am working but only as an apprentice as I am changing my career. Therefore I am a low wage for at least 12 months then my wage may increase, however I have no idea to what.
    I have no assests apart from tools for work which I need and are under £1000.
    I live in rental with my partner who pays most of the bills.

I have thought about a DRO but I am now over the 20000 limit. I also thought of bankruptcy but im unsure as that is a big step.
    Or do I try to see if the debt is enforcable and send the CCA request and if it is (as its a recent debt) do I stop paying deal with DCA and wait till statute barred. Bit concerned re this route due to being unwell suffering with anxiety and deppression and finally getting through it I feel it may make me unwell being hounded by DCA and maybe court etc.

I am a little unsure and as such any advise I would appreciate.

Thanks all

Re: Morris83 Debt Diary

Hi Morris

As both these debts were taken out in 2013 it is highly unlikely that they will be unenforceable. You need to get Tesco to default you so that the interest will stop.

I'm not very clued up on DROs and BR but I will flag up your post and someone should be along with suggestions (we don't give advice) but the ultimate decision is yours.

EDIT: I've just seen your other thread ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post537846
    Last edited by nightwatch; 19 November 2015, 14:44. Reason: unenforceable
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

sorry I edited your post
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks pixie I doubt they are unenforceable as well. Oh well I shall see if anyone has any suggestions re what to do and I shall speak to tesco to see if they will default me if they haven't already. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          sorry I edited your post
          Thank you I knew what I meant!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Okay so I have stopped payments to both creditors. They have said they are passing to a dca so I shall await their contact which no doubt will be fun !!

Comment

How are things going for you now Morris ?
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hi nanna58 not alot has changed really thank you. I have been keeping my head down and have not received any letters from the creditors phone calls etc last token payment i made was September. They send through statements but nothing else ! I am awaiting something soon though and when I get something I will post it up.

Comment

Goodo keeping head down working xxxx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hi all just a quick update. Natwest have now passed my details to apex credit management who are going to contact me to arrange payment!. Natwest sent me a letter to tell me this. Do I respond to apex when they write to me or do I ignore them until I may get a letter before action. I still don't have any money not even enough to go bankrupt.! Statute barred for me is still over 5 years Any advice would be great thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by morris83 View Post
                      Hi all just a quick update. Natwest have now passed my details to apex credit management who are going to contact me to arrange payment!. Natwest sent me a letter to tell me this. Do I respond to apex when they write to me or do I ignore them until I may get a letter before action. I still don't have any money not even enough to go bankrupt.! Statute barred for me is still over 5 years Any advice would be great thanks all
                      You don't need to do anything at the moment. Wait for Apex to get in touch, and then when they do let us know what their initial letter says and then take it from there.
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thanks salt and pepper. I will wait and see what I get and post when I know more. Tesco keep calling but no letters from them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by morris83 View Post
                          Thanks salt and pepper. .

SaltnVinegar

You mean salt n vinegar ???

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

SaltnVinegar

You mean salt n vinegar ???
                            LOL thats funny!
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Ha ha sorry bloody predictive text !!! Note to self proof read lol

Comment

Working...
                              X