GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Woodgate's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodgate's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodgate's UE Diary

1) American Express
    • Type of account - Credit card
    • Date commenced - January 2001
    • Approx balance - £4,250
    • Date last paid - tbc
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not paying
    • Status - In arrears, interest frozen, not showing as defaulted on credit report.
    • Account owner - RMA Resolve (for American Express)

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to RMA Resolve
    24/10/14 - CCA Received
    31/10/14 - Niddy says
    Last edited by Woodgate; 31 October 2014, 12:37.

Re: Woodgate's UE Diary

2) Barclaycard

• Date commenced - May 2000
    • Approx balance - £9,500
    • Date last paid - tbc
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement, Not paying
    • Status - In arrears, interest frozen, not showing as defaulted on credit report. Interest being charged.
    • Account owner - Mercers (for Barclaycard)
    • History - Originally a 'Morgan Stanley Dean Witter' credit card

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Mercers
    30/10/14 - CCA received
    31/10/14 - Niddy says
    Last edited by Woodgate; 28 January 2015, 11:39.

Comment

3) Debenhams

• Type of account - Credit card (previously a charge card)
      • Date commenced - Before May 2002
      • Approx balance - £5,500
      • Date last paid - tbc
      • Status - Not on credit report, defaulted?
      • Account owner - Drydensfairfax (for Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd)
      • History - Originally with GE Capital Bank, taken over by Santander. Sold to Hoist Portfolio via New Day.

11/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Drydensfairfax
      31/10/14 - Reply from Drydensfairfax, '..this account is now closed with ourselves. Any future correspondence to Hoist Portfolio.' Postal Order returned.
      12/11/14 - Statement and Subsequent Notice of Arrears received from Hoist Portfolio.
      'We encourage you to contact us immediately to discuss the state of this account with us..'
      28/01/15 - Letter from Drudensfairfax -'We have written to you previously indicating our intention to take legal action should acceptable proposals not be made to repay this debt.
      ...Unless we receive payment we hold instructions to issue proceedings in the County Court with a view to obtaining a County Court Judgement...... no further notice will be provided...'
      30/01/15 - LBA sent to Drydensfairfax
      12/03/15 - Letter from Drydensfairfax - We hereby notify you that the above matter has been transferred to ourselves and that a County Court Claim has been issued against
      you in accordance with instructions received from our client. You will shortly receive the Claim served by the County Court showing an amount due of £6.5k.
      14/03/15- County Court Claim Form received
      Last edited by Woodgate; 14 March 2015, 12:03.

Comment

4) Lloyds Bank

• Date commenced - June 1997
        • Approx balance - £17,000
        • Date last paid - tbc
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying -Arrangement Not paying
        • Status -Defaulted May 2014
        • Account owner -Moorcroft Akinika (for Lloyds Bank)

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Moorcroft
        05/11/14 - CCA received
        15/11/14 - Niddy says

02/02/15 - Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to Lloyds
        16/02/15 - Copy of application form received from Lloyds
        Last edited by Woodgate; 16 February 2015, 13:05.

Comment

5) MBNA

• Date commenced - September 1999
          • Approx balance - £12,500
          • Date last paid - tbc
          • Status - Defaulted April 2014
          • Account owner - Arden Credit (for Idem Capital Securities)

11/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Arden Credit Management
          20/11/14 - Letter received from Arden - 'we have tried to contact you a number of times...if we don't hear from me in the next 7 days we will consider paying a visit to discuss in person..'
          21/11/14 - CCA reminder/doorstep letter sent.
          27/11/14 - CCA received.
          08/12/14 - Niddy confirms
          28/01/15 - Letter received from Arden - 'we have tried to contact you a number of times...if we don't hear from me in the next 7 days we will consider paying a visit to discuss in person..'
          Last edited by Woodgate; 28 January 2015, 16:28.

Comment

6) Mint

• Date commenced - September 1998
            • Approx balance - £6,000
            • Date last paid - tbc
            • Status - Defaulted December 2013
            • Account owner - Capquest (for Royal Bank of Scotland)

11/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Capquest
            31/10/14 - CCA received
            31/10/14 - Niddy says
            Last edited by Woodgate; 31 October 2014, 12:41.

Comment

7) Tesco

• Date commenced - October 2002
              • Approx balance - £4,250
              • Date last paid - tbc
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement
              • Status - Defaulted December 2013
              • Account owner - Moorcroft (for Tesco)

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Moorcroft
              31/10/14 - CCA received

03/11/14 - Niddy says
              Last edited by Woodgate; 5 November 2014, 07:00.

Comment

Well done for starting your diary so clearly. Just let us know when you receive anything back.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Well done for starting your diary so clearly. Just let us know when you receive anything back.
                  Thanks, I had a great tutor

Example of perfect layout

Comment

Originally posted by Woodgate View Post
                    Thanks, I had a great tutor

Example of perfect layout

When you start getting letters back it really does help if you can type letters received and letters sent in different colours.

Looking at the dates you took out these cards they "should" be UE but be prepared for hassle for a while.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

3) Debenhams

• Type of account - Credit card (previously a charge card)
                      • Date commenced - Before May 2002
                      • Approx balance - £5,500
                      • Date last paid - tbc
                      • Status - Not on credit report, defaulted?
                      • Account owner - Drydensfairfax (for Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd)
                      • History - Originally with GE Capital Bank, taken over by Santander. Sold to Hoist Portfolio via New Day.

This debt has caught my eye

Read this and then I'll pop back later with some questions http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post

When you start getting letters back it really does help if you can type letters received and letters sent in different colours.

Looking at the dates you took out these cards they "should" be UE but be prepared for hassle for a while.
                        I'll do my best, I'm going black and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          3) Debenhams

This debt has caught my eye

Read this and then I'll pop back later with some questions http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803
                          I thought it might

Thanks for the link, I remember seeing a reference to this on my forum travels.

Fire away with the questions, although I must warn you I'm weak on geography and don't watch X-Factor

Comment

I remember seeing a reference to this on my forum travels.
                            Ah ha! I take it that means you already know PlanB (moi) is Diana Mayhew in that Santander case. It may have been in the County Court not a higher court (so not a legal precedent) but it's very persuasive. It's been touted by other forums as the panacea for these types of claims, but AAD is proud to have pioneered this useful judgement

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html

You can read my story blow by blow here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post131152

The most important thing is did you sign a new credit agreement when your product became a credit card?

Comment

Ah ha! I take it that means you already know PlanB (moi) is Diana Mayhew in that Santander case. It may have been in the County Court not a higher court (so not a legal precedent) but it's very persuasive. It's been touted by other forums as the panacea for these types of claims, but AAD is proud to have pioneered this useful judgement

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html

You can read my story blow by blow here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post131152
                              Yep, belated congratulations on your win
                              Unfortunately access to your story is restricted.

The most important thing is did you sign a new credit agreement when your product became a credit card?
                              Good question. I have changed my mind, can I have one on geography instead? (at least I'd be able to google it!)
                              Answer is, I don't know. I have vague recollections, but nothing I would commit to.

I have had a quick rummage and found some statements from the period.
                              The last charge card statement I have is dated 25/11/05 - Balance £Nil
                              The first credit card statement I have is dated 25/04/06 - This shows a balance transfer on 30/03/06

Considering the later date of this conversion, I think there is every possibility of a new agreement.

I'll have to wait to see what the CCA request delivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X