GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Woodgate's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodgate's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woodgate's UE Diary

Originally posted by Woodgate View Post
    Thanks, I've uploaded it to the Online Portal.
    Ok you'll have a wait then - thus I asked you to email as I am on my phone so can look at email - I cannot view uploads on my phone and won't be online for a few days (on laptop)......

Email me for quicker response - thanks
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Ok you'll have a wait then - thus I asked you to email as I am on my phone so can look at email - I cannot view uploads on my phone and won't be online for a few days (on laptop)......

Email me for quicker response - thanks
      Ah, ok. I've emailed it to you, but it's not urgent.

Thanks

Comment

2) Barclaycard

• Type of account - Credit card
        • Date commenced - May 2000
        • Approx balance - £9,500
        • Date last paid - tbc
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not paying
        • Status - In arrears, interest frozen, not showing as defaulted on credit report. Now charging interest.
        • Account owner - Mercers (for Barclaycard)
        • History - Originally a 'Morgan Stanley Dean Witter' credit card

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Mercers
        30/10/14 - CCA received
        31/10/14 - Niddy says
        Update

I've stopped paying this, Barclaycard are now charging interest again.

Comment

3) Debenhams

• Type of account - Credit card (previously a charge card)
          • Date commenced - Before May 2002
          • Approx balance - £5,500
          • Date last paid - tbc
          • Status - Not on credit report, defaulted?
          • Account owner - Drydensfairfax (for Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd)
          • History - Originally with GE Capital Bank, taken over by Santander. Sold to Hoist Portfolio via New Day.

11/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Drydensfairfax
          31/10/14 - Reply from Drydensfairfax, '..this account is now closed with ourselves. Any future correspondence to Hoist Portfolio.' Postal Order returned.
          12/11/14 - Statement and Subsequent Notice of Arrears received from Hoist Portfolio.
          'We encourage you to contact us immediately to discuss the state of this account with us..'

Update

A sudden burst of activity today, two letters, the first from drydensfairfax.

Despite their letter of 31/10/14, they have written...

'We have written to you previously indicating our intention to take legal action should acceptable proposals not be made to repay this debt.
          ...Unless we receive payment by **/**/** we hold instructions to issue proceedings in the County Court with a view to obtaining a County Court Judgement...... no further notice will be provided...'

I was going to just send Drydens another CCA request, but I think I should treat this as a letter before action.

Comment

5) MBNA

• Date commenced - September 1999
            • Approx balance - £12,500
            • Date last paid - tbc
            • Status - Defaulted April 2014
            • Account owner - Arden Credit (for Idem Capital Securities)

11/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Arden Credit Management
            20/11/14 - Letter received from Arden - 'we have tried to contact you a number of times...if we don't hear from me in the next 7 days we will consider paying a visit to discuss in person..'
            21/11/14 - CCA reminder/doorstep letter sent.
            27/11/14 - CCA received.
            08/12/14 - Niddy confirms

Update

The other letter today comes from Arden.
            They have been phoning a couple of times a day and have sent a letter similar to the one received on 20/11/14.

I'll send another doorstep letter.

Comment

Update

A sudden burst of activity today, two letters, the first from drydensfairfax.

'We have written to you previously indicating our intention to take legal action should acceptable proposals not be made to repay this debt.
              ...Unless we receive payment by **/**/** we hold instructions to issue proceedings in the County Court with a view to obtaining a County Court Judgement...... no further notice will be provided...'

I was going to just send Drydens another CCA request, but I think I should treat this as a letter before action.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

the first from drydensfairfax.

I agree with deepie that you should reply with our LBA Response letter pronto.

But don't be too concerned since this is a Debenhams storecard which turned into a credit card bought by Santander isn't it? Have we already had a conversation about that scenario?

What did you get back from your s.78 CCA request to DrydensFairfax in October 2014? I can see they returned your postal order but did they forward the request on to Hoist Portfolio or are they (HP) in the dark that there may be an outstanding CCA request? If they don't know about it they may well have given DrydensFairfax instructions to issue proceedings in ignorance of the situation.

What's the deadline they've set in that letter?

Comment

Thanks to you both

I'll send them a LBA response letter tomorrow, I've got until the end of next week.

I'll also send drydens a CCA request. They stamped their company name all over the back of the postal order before returning it, so they
                  may as well have it back.

Afaik they didn't forward the request to Hoist.

edit: Having read the LBA response letter, another CCA request isn't really necessary.
                  Last edited by Woodgate; 28 January 2015, 22:50.

Comment

4) Lloyds Bank

• Date commenced - June 1997
                    • Approx balance - £17,000
                    • Date last paid - tbc
                    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement
                    • Status -Defaulted May 2014
                    • Account owner - Moorcroft (for Lloyds Bank)

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Moorcroft
                    05/11/14 - CCA received
                    15/11/14 - Niddy says
                    Update

A letter from Lloyds today, as we haven't been able to agree a suitable prepayment plan they have passed me over to akinika.
                    This explains the four phone calls, two voicemails & a text message that I had from them yesterday.

Time to fire off a Missing Prescribed Terms letter to Lloyds (as suggested by Niddy in post #39)

Comment

You should really have sent the Missing Prescribed Terms letter back in November when Niddy suggested it. Send it now, better late than never...

When you receive a letter from akinika (I hope you're not speaking to them on the phone) then I would send Account Sold While in Dispute to them.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

4) Lloyds Bank

• Date commenced - June 1997
                        • Approx balance - £17,000
                        • Date last paid - tbc
                        • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement
                        • Status -Defaulted May 2014
                        • Account owner - Moorcroft (for Lloyds Bank)

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Moorcroft
                        05/11/14 - CCA received
                        15/11/14 - Niddy says

02/02/15 - Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to Lloyds
                        16/02/15 - Copy of application form received from Lloyds

Post #39 from 15 November 2014
                        Hi

Sorry for the delay - this is 100% UE as there is nothing from account inception, all they've sent is recon terms.

I'd respond as follows --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms

Update

Postman has today delivered a signed application form from Lloyds.

I'll upload for checking, but it looks as though another one is about to go

Comment

Update

I'd not be too worried just yet,

There is a lot more to it than them sending you a copy of the signed application form......Especially with Lloyds bank around that era......

There are a few flaws to their paperwork from that time......And they know it

Fingers crossed

Comment

Update

Send it off to Niddy to check - remember an application form is NOT necessarily an agreement - it has to contain all the prescribed terms.
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                              I'd not be too worried just yet,

There is a lot more to it than them sending you a copy of the signed application form......Especially with Lloyds bank around that era......

There are a few flaws to their paperwork from that time......And they know it

Fingers crossed
                              Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                              Send it off to Niddy to check - remember an application form is NOT necessarily an agreement - it has to contain all the prescribed terms.
                              Thanks to you both , I've uploaded it for checking.

Comment

2) Barclaycard

• Date commenced - May 2000
                                • Approx balance - £9,500
                                • Date last paid - tbc
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement, Not paying
                                • Status - In arrears, interest frozen, not showing as defaulted on credit report. Interest being charged.
                                • Account owner - Mercers (for Barclaycard)
                                • History - Originally a 'Morgan Stanley Dean Witter' credit card

20/10/14 - Sent CCA request to Mercers
                                30/10/14 - CCA received
                                31/10/14 - Niddy says
                                This is UE - yes they've sent terms but that's it - where did you agree to take this product? There is no signed agreement - in fact there is no agreement, period!

I'd respond as follows --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...tions-received

The terms they sent are questionable as I need the agreement to align the two - so right now it is UE.
                                Update

I have received a reply from Barclaycard to the cca query letter above.

It runs to three pages, roughly..

blah, blah, blah, blah-blah, Carey, blah, blah, blahdy blah, Carey, blah, blah, our response meets the requirements of the Act, blah, we're right, give us your money,
                                we don't class the account as in dispute, blah.

Any thoughts on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X