GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hello folks from a diary virgin ! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello folks from a diary virgin !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello folks from a diary virgin !

Hey Niddy,

I' ve followed your website purely out of necessity. 2009 was a dreadful year for me; business slowed to nil levels, my business partner ( the senior partner, no less, of a law firm ) was a crook, daughter decided to end her marriage ( quite rightly ) to a vilolent drunk who terrified her, and unfortuantely she was made redundant, and if that was not enough my wife was diagnosed with lymphoma, a type of cancer of the lymph glands. Good year eh!

But being a dyed in the wool true Brit, with a very high stress level I can stand anything, I found your site quite by accident on MSE, and migrated with you to this site. I have to say your contribution to my sanity has been massive mate !

I' m 66 years of good health, built a good biz, but with the recession closing in I found i had significant financial commitments built around my previous business; all of them personal.

So I had no alternative but to dump all the regular leaches who decided to give our life pure hell; phoning while my wife was ill, despite my ( your ) letters to them ( Barclays BY FAR the worst offenders.)...but I have to say your letters stop the buggers in their tracks. I' ve had a number of credit cards for a good few years and so it became obvious with the pre 2007 thing to go through the CCA request. Phew does that work or not !!

I' ve got a few " cling-ons " trying all the usual stuff. Calder Financial phoning me on behalf of Barclaycard telling me they never send that sort of information out, when I asked them to satisfy the CCA request, other than t&c' s. ( Your letter used again ) and I have to say it' s gone very quiet. I get the occasional one that pops up but I just bat them away and I' ve had this running since July. I also had a copy of an agreement with hand alterations ( Liverpool Victoria loan ), not heard from them for months.

It has been an education reading about the exploits of various contributors over the months, but all I would say to anyone in this kind of pickle is, read everything you can on this website; and then read it AGAIN so you understand, especially from Nid, don' t worry, stick to the plan and don' t let the b*****ds grind you down, they will do and say anything to get your dosh !

Keep up the grand work, I' m not out of the woods yet, my wife' s prognosis is reasonably good, daughter will have her divorce through, she has a job again, and there are signs that my biz could ( fingers crossed ) just be picking up....Arise Sir NID..!
    Thanks from the Heart, ARIZ

Re: Hello folks from a diary virgin !

Hi and welcome to AAD!

What a lovely first post, I wish you and your family all the happiness you/they deserve!
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Ariz,

Thank you so very much for this post...... how wonderful to hear a success story. As for your wife, the main thing is she's getting there, my best wishes go to her and i'll keep everything crossed. Please come back and update us - even stay around and join in the chat - we're a funny (odd) bunch when you get chatting to us lol....

Again, thanks for the post and i'm glad we were able to help, especially being we've now hidden the templates so just post a few more times to be able to see them. Obviously my reasoning for doing this was so that we could get silent users to say hi to us......

Thanks again

Niddy
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I am a newbie here as well but Niddy has been fantastic and my stress levels have dropped since I've been reading all the info here and getting advice from Niddy.

Hope that 2011 will be the great year to counteract that awful year you had
        Many thanks,

Dave

Help and guidance always appreciated and never taken for granted.

Comment

Hi Nid and the gang, thanks for your wishes. Will keep you up to speed so everyone can benefit from my experiences.
          ARIZ

Comment

y
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nid,

As a follow-on from my diary opener the other day I noticed on the news today a comment re charging-orders for a relatively small debt, thus giving the creditor the potential to bully home owners into selling their home to recover the debt.

I noticed the OFT seem to have thrown their weight behind the measures to insist that small debts ( how small is the question ) cannot be dealt with in this way.

I have my daughter who has been pulverised by MBNA / Optima Legal for over 12 months now with the latest twist to the story being the ability of these people to try to take her house away from her..debt started at £6k now £12k+ !!

We are currently in the process of our second set-aside, and I can send you the full appalling story of these people who will stop at nothing.

You kindly gave me your private e mail last week, so if you don' t mind I will send you the story for your help in what has turned out to be a real stres time for my daughter and our 3 years old grandson, after several years of violent, drunken husband.
              Thanks NID and the gang.

Best, ARIZ.

Comment

Hi and welcome Ariz,
                Great to have you aboard. You are right that some of these companies really are leeches
                Keep up the fight

Comment

Is it this you're referring to?: ---> http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/ ... 010/119-10

Comment

Hi Nidd,
                    Yes, it was on the Beeb today. Obviously MBNA are not on the list but are clearly using it to frighten people on the basis that they may need to sell their homes to satisfy what is essentially an unsecured debt and as such attracted a higher rate of interest.
                    Its what is called having your cake and eating it !
                    Thanks NID
                    BEST ARIZ

Comment

ariz.

MBNA are good at scare tactics on people, however, they are 99% just that. They very rarely follow through and will sell to a DCA first.

I like to consider myself a little bit of an expert on MBNA itself, the reason you get the threats of "we can do this that the other" is purely to scare people into paying .... the more people pay, the bigger the monthly bonus you get.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar I agree - you the expert on mbna

Comment

Hi Ariz, Welcome on board.
                          Sorry to read about your despair, I hope your family can soon begin to look forward to a brighter future.
                          I am also a small businessman (not a lot younger than yourself), who can relate to seeing a business you have worked hard at building, crumble before your eyes through no fault of your own,

My woes started when we had the 2001 Foot & Mouth outbreak, we managed to survive almost 12 months of having zero earnings, but the result was I had put tens of thousands of pounds into the business by using my personal credit cards. We began the hard fight back and business picked up to pre foot & mouth levels, and I was keeping up with the card payments to the tune of 3k a month! But by then I was on a treadmill I had no chance of getting off, interest payments soaked up most of the monthly payments so the debts were not getting any smaller.

Then this latest recession started to bite during 2008. And I reached a point in 2009 where it was becoming impossible to maintain the monthly payments out of the business, the despair really started to kick in, I could not see any way out of the downward spiral I was on. Then by chance in April of this year, I found myself on MSE and through a member on there (who is also on here now) I made contact with Niddy.

Hand on heart I can say from that day on my life changed. I ceased all payments to the card companies and started my UE journey. My business is still going because of me being here, I am in a better place mentally. The business is slowly fighting back from the recession, in part because I am not bleeding it dry to pay credit card companies.

There are no judgemental people here. Members are from many different walks of life, some in business like we are, many in all types of everyday jobs, retired folk, and unfortunately some who find themselves in financial difficulties as a result of losing their jobs.

Being here is well... If you think of being in a nudist camp, once everyone is naked, you don't know whether someone is a brain surgeon or a road sweeper and that sums it up here, a person’s background is unimportant, debt has stripped us all naked and made us equal, vulnerable and in need of support, and that is what you will get here, lots of genuine support from your fellow members.

Above all Listen to what Niddy advises and follow it to the letter.
                          Good luck with your journey.
                          Allan

Comment

Originally posted by alland
                            Hi Ariz, Welcome on board.
                            Sorry to read about your despair, I hope your family can soon begin to look forward to a brighter future.
                            I am also a small businessman (not a lot younger than yourself), who can relate to seeing a business you have worked hard at building, crumble before your eyes through no fault of your own,

My woes started when we had the 2001 Foot & Mouth outbreak, we managed to survive almost 12 months of having zero earnings, but the result was I had put tens of thousands of pounds into the business by using my personal credit cards. We began the hard fight back and business picked up to pre foot & mouth levels, and I was keeping up with the card payments to the tune of 3k a month! But by then I was on a treadmill I had no chance of getting off, interest payments soaked up most of the monthly payments so the debts were not getting any smaller.

Then this latest recession started to bite during 2008. And I reached a point in 2009 where it was becoming impossible to maintain the monthly payments out of the business, the despair really started to kick in, I could not see any way out of the downward spiral I was on. Then by chance in April of this year, I found myself on MSE and through a member on there (who is also on here now) I made contact with Niddy.

Hand on heart I can say from that day on my life changed. I ceased all payments to the card companies and started my UE journey. My business is still going because of me being here, I am in a better place mentally. The business is slowly fighting back from the recession, in part because I am not bleeding it dry to pay credit card companies.

There are no judgemental people here. Members are from many different walks of life, some in business like we are, many in all types of everyday jobs, retired folk, and unfortunately some who find themselves in financial difficulties as a result of losing their jobs.

Being here is well... If you think of being in a nudist camp, once everyone is naked, you don't know whether someone is a brain surgeon or a road sweeper and that sums it up here, a person’s background is unimportant, debt has stripped us all naked and made us equal, vulnerable and in need of support, and that is what you will get here, lots of genuine support from your fellow members.

Above all Listen to what Niddy advises and follow it to the letter.
                            Good luck with your journey.
                            Allan
                            What a great post

Comment

Cheers Allan

Comment

Working...
                              X