My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story

Hi, my debt story began on 9th June 2009 when I called Egg to report that i had a problem paying. I had already spoken to the CAB and as a result also spoke to Consumer Credit help Line before doing anything, including telling Egg

What resulted was, I now understand, typical behaviour for finance people:

13/06/09 - I received a letter from Egg stating that my security information had been cancelled - this meant that I could no longer see my statements as they were all on-line.
    22/06/09 - I wrote to Egg enclosing my budget sheet and asked for a freeze on my account for 6 months
    13/07/09 - having received no response from Egg, I sent another letter to Egg stating that I had cancelled my Direct Debits (DD) and made an offer of £xx.xx per month - I sent this recorded delivery on 27/07/09. I also requested a copy of my CCA.
    16/07/09 - I received another letter from Egg demanding I set up a DD
    21/07/09 - again wrote to Egg - stating that I had sent 2 secure letters to them via their web site and also reiterated my request for a CCA. - sent Recorded delivery 22/07/09
    22/07/09 - letter from Egg asking me to call them.
    Approximately 25/07/09 - despite misgivingsI rang Egg and and was given a client ID (I got persons name)
    24/07/09 - letter from Egg stating that they had been unable to contact me by phone and would I call them
    29/07/09 - rang Egg and they confirmed orally that my offer had been accepted for 6 months. (This turned out to be a lie).
    31/07/09 - as I was still unable to access Egg to get my statements I sent correspondence via secure e-mail to get them. Received correspondence from Egg Internet Services showing that my outstanding balance was £0.00 my Min payment due was £0.00 that my monthly interest was 0.16% and that my Finance charge was 73 (IN.B. I never did find out what this was.
    05/08/09 - I received a letter from Egg stating that I had not sent ten the £1 charge for the CCA - this was a lie - they had used the cheque to pay £1 off my debt.
    07/08/09 - rang Egg again - Justin stated that he would e-mail department involved
    18/08/09 - £58.41 Merchandising Interest had appeared on my statement. I rang Egg and was informed that this was wrong and that it would taken off.
    18/08/09 - reiterated a) my request for confirmation in writing that my offer had been accepted, (b) Where was my CCA, (c) when would the correction re the Merchandising Interest be made.
    03/09/09 - received Egg DN
    09/09/09 complained to Egg re confusion I now had a where was my CCA.
    27/10/09 - letter from Egg asking for my support whilst they looked for the CCA.
    02/12/09 - yet another letter to Egg - where is my CCA and outlined the law.
    05/01/10 - letter from Egg stating they had sold my alleged debt to Cabot on 29/12/09 also welcoming letter from Cabot in separate envelope.
    07/01/10 - I sent letter to Cabot and Egg stating that as the debt was in dispute it should not have been sold
    13/01/10 - received letter dated 24/09/09 (I didn't move until October!!!) from Egg asking me to prove my new address - I had redirection on so there as no need for this.
    13/01/10 - sent letter to Egg again asking for my CCA.
    13/01/10 - received a later many for another customer in dispute with Egg
    15/01/10 - received Egg standard complaint response letter
    15/01/10 0 received letter stating that i should have received my CCA - I had not
    20/01/10 - i sent letter to Egg complaining that had still not received my CCA.
    27/01/10 - 08/03/10 loads of letters - finally received reconstituted CCA, dated 2001, with my signature copied onto the agreement.

There have been lots more letters between that date and this culminating in Cabot threatening to take me to court if I did not start payment.

Currently i have a DN created by Cabot against me on the credit reference agencies but there was never any DN issued to me by them, only one by Egg.

I can supply further info if required but I have to now go and pick up my son from School.

emailed Niddy CCA
    Last edited by CabotEggd; 22 June 2012, 16:28. Reason: sending copy of CCA to Niddy

Re: My Story

Hi Caboteggd,
    A warm welcome to AAD!
    Well done and thanks for such a concise background, that's brilliant.
    I know you've been through the mill and back trying to deal with this through health problems and unemployment, but you'll get lots of help and support on here.

Before we do anything else, could you email an unedited scan of the agreement they sent you to Niddy, so we know what we're dealing with?
    Full details how to do this are here>> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1012

(Only Niddy sees the agreement so don't worry about leaving your personal details on.)

Shep x

PS. Am I correct in thinking Crapbot are adding their infamous 12% interest to this debt?
    Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 22 June 2012, 14:52.

Comment

Great minds, Shep and FP

Welcome to AAD from me too CabotEggd
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
        Great minds, Shep and FP

Welcome to AAD from me too CabotEggd
        I did think about it...........
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.

I will do as you suggest and email the CCA to Niddy

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CabotEggd View Post
            Thanks a lot guys.

I will do as you suggest and email the CCA to Niddy

Have a great weekend.
            Remember to check back whenever you can as threads in this forum do get answered in double quick time and yes posts do often get posted when the OP is not logged in.

Welcome and glad you got here.

Comment

Hi hon,
              Any updates on this..did you manage to email it to Niddy?

Shep x

Comment

Hi All

On Friday I sent Niddy a copy of the reconstructed CCA that Egg sent to me purporting to be the one that I apparently signed. Unfortunately the feedback was that it is enforceable.

However, I am convinced that this reconstructed CCA is dated after the original agreement was allegedly taken out. It could be that the original alleged CCA is not enforceable but that they have substituted it with a reconstruction of one that is. i wouldn't put anything past them.

Accordingly I have written to Cabot asking why they have not supplied me with a proper "photocopy" of the alleged agreement and suggested that perhaps they don't actually have it.

I also went back over the data that Egg sent to me as a result of my DSIR and spotted that not only does the first statement that Egg sent me have a balance that does not show where it came from but that they have missed a statement from the middle of the pack. Accordingly I have used some segments of one of the letter templates and sent them to Cabot to obtain ALL the information they have on me, from Egg.

Lets wait and see what comes of that.

Comment

Let us know what they say Caboteggd

Shep x

Comment

Any update
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Sorry for the delay.

Cabot replied that the document was a photocopy of the original, which it is not as it is clearly a reconstruction. They have not sent me the missing data I requested.

However, they took so long to respond I suspect they went to Egg who could either not give them the data or, if they did, it proved that the alleged agreement was falsified. After all, the first statement I had received from Egg showed a sum of money with no clue as to where it came from. I therefore believe there are several earlier statements missing which pre dated the created agreement.

They told me to request any data from Egg and would not consider any further requests from me regarding the data.
                      So, as Egg won't deal with me anymore and now Cabot won't I was just waiting for Cabot to take me to court so that I could raise the issue there.

However, I have now come into a small amount of money which I hope will be accepted by all of my creditors as full and final settlement. Before I do that I need further information from you guys on how to proceed.

My debts are about £15,000 and I have about £5000 to offer all of them. My creditors are Cabot, Moorgate and MBNA.

Any ideas.
                      Last edited by CabotEggd; 18 September 2012, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by CabotEggd View Post
                        My debts are about £15,000 and I have about £5000 to offer all of them. My creditors are Cabot, Moorgate and MBNA.

Any ideas.
                        If you want help on this, happy to help but bear in mind MBNA are less likely to settle based on them owning it - ideally needs to be with a DCA before a good deal can be struck....
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X