GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice needed Aktiv Kapital and BCW - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed Aktiv Kapital and BCW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed Aktiv Kapital and BCW

Hi all, I am new here so please forgive my ignorance on this subject. Just before xmas i got a letter from Buchanan clark and wells asking for identify verification which ignored. then got another letter saying i owed around £500 call number to make payment plan blah blah blah. I sent a letter asing them to provide a copy of the original credit agreement, deeds of assignment statement of account etc. turns out its a topshop store card from 2001. i can see from my banking records it was being paid at £20 per month to Aktiv kapital (double the original minimum payment). i can see i paid at least 3yrs via online statements. maxiumum credit limit was£240 i paid at least £720 possible more to Aktiv ending April 2007. i thought it was paid tbh. now this letter. so this morning a letter drops thru door, enclosed is a copy of the application form my name etc are filed i have signed the PPI box (i was 19 when i opened account no idea about anything and terrible with £) however this form clearly shows that i did not sign the credit agreement only PPI box. have checked my CRA Aktiv Kapital, topshop account/BCW not listed on there. i dont know if there has been a small outstanding balance or smething and they have been putting charges on it to bring balance back up or what. What can i do? I cant claim charges back as its been much more than 6 yrs since i actually had the topshop card. i also wonder how enforceable the agreement is without my signature in the relevant box? Basically a 240 debt they have already made at least 700 pound out of me plus the regular payment i made wen it was still with original creditor, dont really want to pay them any more if i am honest. Just for info no deeds of assignment no statements and no t&c of the orignal agreement have been recieved yet. Any advice gratefully recieved

Re: Advice needed Aktiv Kapital and BCW

Ermm you can claim charges back - who says they only go back 6 years? Nonsense...

I would be inclined to ignore a full reclaim and basically tell them to piss off by ignorance. However if you're saying you're sure it's SB then why bother with a reclaim, just ignore their letters - nothing they can do. Pointless raking up the past for a few quid, if you're lucky.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

its not SB tho is it? i last paid to AK April 2007, by my calculations not sb till April this yr (i am in scotland so SB after 5 yrs from last payment) is that right? sorry i am not so clued up yet

Comment

Originally posted by Too_many_cards View Post
        its not SB tho is it? i last paid to AK April 2007, by my calculations not sb till April this yr (i am in scotland so SB after 5 yrs from last payment) is that right? sorry i am not so clued up yet
        Ok so you last paid April, ignore them for a couple of months and they'll go away - you'll be fine. Ignore this letter and do not pay or ring them whatever you do - just sit tight.

If they write again please post here and I'll sort you a template to send back all the while buying more time until eventually it'll be SB!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I emailed them this morning saying i didnt acknowledge debt and that since the copy of the credit agreement they sent isnt signed they have no proof it was ever my account. have previously told them i will on deal with them in writing and and they have stopped the daily phone call now get a letter most days asking me to phone and make a payment plan which ignore..i just dont want them to start legal acton and harm my credit file. i was stupid with money when i was in my teens and early 20s, now all those errors had dropped off my CRA and i have been rebuilding my credit history the last few yrs, its now quite good and i just dont want this lot to ruin it again

Comment

Don't worry. You'll be fine.

They won't do anything and if they try we have a damn good solicitor on board that enjoys kicking arse.

Keep us updated. No more emails either

Comment

ok, i shall ignore their daily mailing for a few months and hope nothing happens.

Comment

just out of interest what makes you so sure they wont do anything? surrely if its approaching SB date they may resort to court etc to try and get every penny they can out of me

Comment

Add their email to spam filter. Ignore them.

If they write via snail mail please update this thread. Or email me using links in my siggy below

Comment

just out of interest what makes you so sure they wont do anything? surrely if its approaching SB date they may resort to court etc to try and get every penny they can out of me
                    That's why I'm so sure. Its too risky and you know if they try court, you get 28 days plus an entension right......

However we have a good knowledge of these jokers. They will not do anything and regardless they must issue a notice before action letter. Thus I'm saying keep us updated with any mail you get.

Comment

I suspect he knows because he has seen all DCA's so many times, he knows exactly how each of them works. He's so bloody good I sometimes wonder if he has second sight!

Comment

Ok I will open the forrest of letters just in case its not the usually call this number to pay guff they send daily. you dont think they will try any kind of action other than begging me to pay then? i hope your right just want rid of this lot really and to have my now good credit rating stay that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                          I suspect he knows because he has seen all DCA's so many times, he knows exactly how each of them works. He's so bloody good I sometimes wonder if he has second sight!
                          sarcasm is the lowest form of wit young man

Comment

Ok I will open the forrest of letters just in case its not the usually call this number to pay guff they send daily. you dont think they will try any kind of action other than begging me to pay then? i hope your right just want rid of this lot really and to have my now good credit rating stay that way.
                            I presume they've defaulted you years ago? It doesn't matter, they have no right to default you 5 years (or 10+ in fairness) after the event, it should be done in a timely fashion, suggested as no later than 6 months, but after 3 months of first missed payment.

Soooo, lets see shall we....

Comment

I know it is easier said than done but trust Niddy - he knows what he is doing. He is helping so many people out on here, including me. Just chill out and update if you get anything. I know I'd be chilled if I was 4 months from SB

Comment

Working...
                              X