GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Should a CCA be the first thing to do? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a CCA be the first thing to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a CCA be the first thing to do?

Hi, first post here, found you from another forum!

Myself and my wife have a number of debts and have just started a dmp with CCCS. First payment has been made this month. I've never really considered UE but if certain of the creditors behave as I expect them to then I'll quite happily face up to them.

Debts are as below, single or joint debts:

Barclaycard 1 £12.5k - missed payment letter
    Barclaycard 2 £3k - missed payment letter
    Egg Visa £11k - missed payment letter
    BOS Mastercard £8k - accepted payments for now (need to check! )
    Nationwide Visa £8k - refused dmp
    Halifax Card £6.8k - refused dmp
    Nationwide overdraft £3k - already defaulted me!
    Alliance & Leicester personal loan £2.4k-accepted dmp payments for now
    Clode Retail Finance £0.5k - threatening to default

I suppose my question would be should I be sending the card creditors a CCA just to see what the lie of the land is, and also if I do go down the route of UE should I be contacting CCCS to stop payments to the parties involved?

Thanks

Re: Should a CCA be the first thing to do?

Thanks for the welcome Andy.

I did find this other thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=232&start=0 which seems to answer a lot of my questions.

It looks like my first point of call should be my credit report although this is likely to be constantly changing!

Thanks

Comment

Have a read here: ---> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=401

Also read some users diaries here: ---> viewforum.php?f=49

and if you want to go for it - let me know and i'll advise accordingly - but if you do want to go ahead, see this post and provide this info: ---> viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9&p=6789#p6789

Back tonight - cheers
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Should have my credit reports soon so will post those up.

Is the recommendation to ask all my creditors for a copy of the CCA while I'm waiting?

I don't think the overdraft is anything i an do about, the cards maybe but the 2 personal loans?

Thanks

Comment

Will do.

By the way, is it worth asking for a CCA from the loan providers? These are 3 and 1 year old respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe
            Barclaycard 1 £12.5k - missed payment letter
            You need to confirm start dates of account, last payment made date and whether it was the full amount or a reduced amount, the status (i.e. default/in arrears/up-to-date) etc - see here for the exact info I need and how to lay it all out - you must do this PRIOR to sending any CCA Requests: ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Barclaycard 2 £3k - missed payment letter
            You need to confirm start dates of account, last payment made date and whether it was the full amount or a reduced amount, the status (i.e. default/in arrears/up-to-date) etc - see here for the exact info I need and how to lay it all out - you must do this PRIOR to sending any CCA Requests: ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Egg Visa £11k - missed payment letter

BOS Mastercard £8k - accepted payments for now (need to check! )

Nationwide Visa £8k - refused dmp

Halifax Card £6.8k - refused dmp

Nationwide overdraft £3k - already defaulted me!

Alliance & Leicester personal loan £2.4k-accepted dmp payments for now

Clode Retail Finance £0.5k - threatening to default

I suppose my question would be should I be sending the card creditors a CCA just to see what the lie of the land is, and also if I do go down the route of UE should I be contacting CCCS to stop payments to the parties involved?
            Do not stop payments yet - not until you provide the requested info as per the link(s) above!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do.

By the way, is it worth asking for a CCA from the loan providers? These are 3 and 1 year old respectively.
              If they are after April 2007 then forget it - pointless cos they will be compliant and also unenforceability is not an option, really.... if you have PPi then reclaim that and reduce the balances - let them default you and sell the debt to a DCA then arrange F&F settlements with them - they will drop down by as much as 80% in some cases - worth a shot, pointless paying your lender for(ever) cos the debt will increase with interest etc.....

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll post back here with the details once I get them.

Comment

Credit reports now ordered. Just got to wait until I get access.

Comment

Credit reports now ordered. Just got to wait until I get access.
                    Okies, let us know when you get the data..... ;30

Comment

Working...
                    X